new hoot - omega automatic geneve dynamic

Swiss, German, Russian, Chinese and other watch companies
aiken74

Re: new hoot - omega automatic geneve dynamic

Post by aiken74 » 08 Sep 2011 18:05

oOsiMm wrote:
Astro2212 wrote:Get liao than dun tnk so much bo the more u tnk the more koa gway u get...koa gway 24hr also a day,hapi 24hr also a day,so might as well hapi lagi song

true bro but then this is a learning forum mah...if we buy n buy without knwing the truth,next time wanna upgrade(say omega) or resell,potential buyer will put the same question to us.

8-) Bro I believe chiu hab seen n hand on quite alot of vintake omega n wit de knowledege that chiu noe, we can learn frm chiu...;)
oOsiMm

Post by oOsiMm » 08 Sep 2011 18:16

aiken74 wrote:
oOsiMm wrote:

true bro but then this is a learning forum mah...if we buy n buy without knwing the truth,next time wanna upgrade(say omega) or resell,potential buyer will put the same question to us.

8-) Bro I believe chiu hab seen n hand on quite alot of vintake omega n wit de knowledege that chiu noe, we can learn frm chiu...;)
no lah...I just try to contribute bit by bit to help bros but that's all my personal opinion and unless I can be firm on my statement then I would say 'confirmed blah blah blah ' rather than 'IMO....." riao. I am still learning like every bros here. Reason why I kinda stop my Omega searches is because of the recent high prices and most importantly ,its like a minefield. I also no confidence and would rather stick with Seiko/Jap/other swiss divers ...
aiken74

Post by aiken74 » 08 Sep 2011 18:22

oOsiMm wrote:
aiken74 wrote:
no lah...I just try to contribute bit by bit to help bros but that's all my personal opinion and unless I can be firm on my statement then I would say 'confirmed blah blah blah ' rather than 'IMO....." riao. I am still learning like every bros here. Reason why I kinda stop my Omega searches is because of the recent high prices and most importantly ,its like a minefield. I also no confidence and would rather stick with Seiko/Jap/other swiss divers ...
Cum across a omega flightmaster at csc ken's stall I oso scare 2 hoot as nt familiar wit vintake omega n chiu ish better than me lah...I oni can c n admire others hoot... :(
scs120

Post by scs120 » 08 Sep 2011 18:52

yes, i think what oosim did is great. :D it is not only good for us scs members here, but also for all those somehow found their way here. though they might find us tkss some of the time, but there are things to be learnt here. i'm grateful to oosim for the discrepancy he pointed out, now i can tell my boy about this cyclop when i pass him the watch. :) ;)
good detective work, oosim .
Astro2212

Post by Astro2212 » 09 Sep 2011 17:43

Chk with our DOC liaozzz...according 2 him dis model by rite shld hav PONG KIA but is veri diff 2 find liao...as 4 the crystal on dis pc goh suspect shld b of other model but the pple just hamtam go in...:)

Saw a few there sent 4 repair n dis 1 is veri the swee...
scs120

Post by scs120 » 09 Sep 2011 19:06

ya stro, your constellation swee swee leh. will send my dynamic to ah goh someday :)
oOsiMm

Post by oOsiMm » 09 Sep 2011 20:04

simpler method to check whether is omega original (acrylic..not sure bt mineral/pixelglass etc)is to see if theres a small omega logo in center.
aiken74

Post by aiken74 » 09 Sep 2011 20:11

oOsiMm wrote:simpler method to check whether is omega original (acrylic..not sure bt mineral/pixelglass etc)is to see if theres a small omega logo in center.
bro 1 Q as does tis tiny omega logo at xtal apply to all omega model or jz vintake oni :?:
oOsiMm

Post by oOsiMm » 09 Sep 2011 20:26

aiken74 wrote:
oOsiMm wrote:simpler method to check whether is omega original (acrylic..not sure bt mineral/pixelglass etc)is to see if theres a small omega logo in center.
bro 1 Q as does tis tiny omega logo at xtal apply to all omega model or jz vintake oni :?:

bro I only have collected vintage Omega so what I knw is vintage nia..and on plastic only.. not sure vintage mineral glass have the logo or not.

As for more modern models,perhaps some bros can tell us..

*you can see in ebay/forums,ppl selling vintage omega may highlight the originality of crystal by making closeup macro shot of the crystal,that's bonus to me...but if the non original crystal fits well,then acceptable to me also.most impt is price ;)
Astro2212

Post by Astro2212 » 09 Sep 2011 21:57

Yah frm wat i agar agar remember...those vintage got the logo at the centre...not veri sure fake got the logo bo?but frm wat i c vintage omega is the most easy 2 kana DUMB 1 so must b veri careful...:)

Btw dat pc not mine lah...also saw 1 with 'umbrella' dial...the watch is nice but the DIAL,CRYSTAL,LEATHER N BUCKLE all r FAKE...
aiken74

Post by aiken74 » 09 Sep 2011 22:00

Astro2212 wrote:Yah frm wat i agar agar remember...those vintage got the logo at the centre...not veri sure fake got the logo bo?but frm wat i c vintage omega is the most easy 2 kana DUMB 1 so must b veri careful...:)

Btw dat pc not mine lah...also saw 1 with 'umbrella' dial...the watch is nice but the DIAL,CRYSTAL,LEATHER N BUCKLE all r FAKE...
huh rike that lot of omega ish at K2 4 servicing.... :?: any haoliao :?: :?:
Astro2212

Post by Astro2212 » 09 Sep 2011 22:10

aiken74 wrote:
Astro2212 wrote:Yah frm wat i agar agar remember...those vintage got the logo at the centre...not veri sure fake got the logo bo?but frm wat i c vintage omega is the most easy 2 kana DUMB 1 so must b veri careful...:)

huh rike that lot of omega ish at K2 4 servicing.... :?: any haoliao :?: :?:
Got 3 omega svc...holiaoz got 1 KS belong 2 ah goh 1 2 svc b4 sell n 1 kinetic also his n is FS...:)
scs120

Post by scs120 » 10 Sep 2011 11:31

my dynamic crystal doesn't have that small omega logo :( , but it has many scratches on it when view under under a magnifying glass :lol: :lol:
Astro2212

Post by Astro2212 » 10 Sep 2011 14:18

scs120 wrote:my dynamic crystal doesn't have that small omega logo :( , but it has many scratches on it when view under under a magnifying glass :lol: :lol:
Bro maybe u can go ask goh n c if he got stock bo
oOsiMm

Post by oOsiMm » 10 Sep 2011 17:54

no need to do crystal change bro...think Goh will also advise same one. IMO as long its properly fitted riao,then leave it alone unless u gt fate with a NOS original crystal which is probably uncommon.. else you try go cousinsuk or ofrei webby and search for crystal based on the watch model/variant number(inside backcase)
fireal

Post by fireal » 10 Sep 2011 18:57

scs120 wrote:my dynamic crystal doesn't have that small omega logo :( , but it has many scratches on it when view under under a magnifying glass :lol: :lol:
then take 1 needle scratch out 1 omega logo in the middle :twisted: :twisted:
Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't
own it, but you can use it. You can't keep
it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it
you can never get it back.
devil00

Post by devil00 » 10 Sep 2011 19:12

Best way to clear the doubts of this cylop of it and the crystal origin is to bring the watch down to swatch group which is at lvl 4 wheelock place during weekdays before 5pm as from there the techincian will access the origin of the watch and plexi glass of your vintage omega
fireal

Post by fireal » 10 Sep 2011 19:18

devil00 wrote:Best way to clear the doubts of this cylop of it and the crystal origin is to bring the watch down to swatch group which is at lvl 4 wheelock place during weekdays before 5pm as from there the techincian will access the origin of the watch and plexi glass of your vintage omega

thats not true , the local technicians there do not have extensive knowledge about vintage watches. usually for such tasks they will have it sent back to switzerland for verification/repair, and u'll get back a hefty bill :lol:

we already know for sure the cyclops is not original , i ve seen many nos examples as well as the original catalogues and ads .
Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't
own it, but you can use it. You can't keep
it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it
you can never get it back.
scs120

Post by scs120 » 10 Sep 2011 20:13

ya, if ah goh doesnt have an original crystal, he certainly has the expertise and tools to scratch that logo on my crystal for me :lol: :lol: :lol: . well, it's just a $400 old watch, i'm not going to lose sleep over it. :D :D
herzausstahl

Post by herzausstahl » 11 Sep 2011 17:10

oOsiMm wrote:
aiken74 wrote:

bro I only have collected vintage Omega so what I knw is vintage nia..and on plastic only.. not sure vintage mineral glass have the logo or not.
my hesalite/acryllic omegas have the logo, can see with naked eye (at the centre). My sapphire models don't seem to have..