new hoot - omega automatic geneve dynamic

Swiss, German, Russian, Chinese and other watch companies
devil00

Re: new hoot - omega automatic geneve dynamic

Post by devil00 » 12 Sep 2011 00:10

fireal wrote:
devil00 wrote:Best way to clear the doubts of this cylop of it and the crystal origin is to bring the watch down to swatch group which is at lvl 4 wheelock place during weekdays before 5pm as from there the techincian will access the origin of the watch and plexi glass of your vintage omega

thats not true , the local technicians there do not have extensive knowledge about vintage watches. usually for such tasks they will have it sent back to switzerland for verification/repair, and u'll get back a hefty bill :lol:

we already know for sure the cyclops is not original , i ve seen many nos examples as well as the original catalogues and ads .[/quote

No..Omega they can open and access thru their history of the watches they produce down the years so it isnt any problem.Access of watch is FOC anyway,don need sit aeroplane go switzerland :D
oOsiMm

Post by oOsiMm » 12 Sep 2011 01:12

erm.. IMO from what I know and heard from various omega collectors,the service center is ok if you bring your current to recent omega models and the more popular(high end?) vintage models. Then they have extensive knowledge with aid of the database. Other than that,there are lots of Omega vintage models not well documented,let alone the individual parts number(crown/stem/crystal/gasket etc).
fireal

Post by fireal » 12 Sep 2011 08:05

the database has been open to public for a long time

http://www.omegawatches.com/spirit/hist ... bVBsdXM%3D" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

looking at online references is the easy part , the hard part is to really assess it
Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't
own it, but you can use it. You can't keep
it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it
you can never get it back.
roo7
IT Superman

new hoot - omega automatic geneve dynamic

Post by roo7 » 12 Sep 2011 08:15

All the experts has spoken. That's the joy of vintage collecting.

The path to discovery is fulfilling but it's also a dangerous path without knowledge and guidance.

Sent via iPhone
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
watchlooker

Post by watchlooker » 12 Sep 2011 08:39

Omega vintage is more complicated than vintage Seiko..... from what I have learned with fellow collectors and online resources.... confusion also arises even for experience collectors..... original parts between various models can be interchange between but not correct for that particular model especially the crystals..... I myself also blur blur..... so the generally rule of thumb.... should have the little omega logo for all plastics regardless of vintage/modern.... mineral/sapphire no logo one..... as for cyclops which can be add-on on original crystals is even harder.... not correct for your model but still original which is widely accepted by most collectors.... ;)
MeePokMan

Post by MeePokMan » 12 Sep 2011 17:58

scs120 wrote:ya, if ah goh doesnt have an original crystal, he certainly has the expertise and tools to scratch that logo on my crystal for me :lol: :lol: :lol: . well, it's just a $400 old watch, i'm not going to lose sleep over it. :D :D
i remember this bro from mediacxxk has one geneve dynamic hooted from K2.

have a chat with him when i bump into him at K2 nong nong time ago. :lol:
Astro2212

Post by Astro2212 » 12 Sep 2011 18:39

MeePokMan wrote:
scs120 wrote:ya, if ah goh doesnt have an original crystal, he certainly has the expertise and tools to scratch that logo on my crystal for me :lol: :lol: :lol: . well, it's just a $400 old watch, i'm not going to lose sleep over it. :D :D
i remember this bro from mediacxxk has one geneve dynamic hooted from K2.

have a chat with him when i bump into him at K2 nong nong time ago. :lol:
He din ask u 2 join??? :lol:
scs120

Post by scs120 » 12 Sep 2011 23:05

hey guys, look see check check my dynamic at swatch centre is foc or not ?
ah goh doesn't have the original nos crystals but he has some original nos buckles for this model. I'm getting one from him :D :D
Cochran

Post by Cochran » 14 Sep 2011 17:37

My dad got this geneve dynamic watch also. he got it at the 70s.

Will post pic of it.

Anyone know where i can do a overhaul and or even change the dial a bit as its a bit not nice in there liao in a cheaper price.

ANd whats the 2nd hand resell value for this watch?
scs120

Post by scs120 » 14 Sep 2011 21:57

try mr goh at k2. i bought mine for S$400.00 recently.
Astro2212

Post by Astro2212 » 14 Sep 2011 22:13

Other than seiko i tnk u wil find omega most being svc n ORBAH ALL in k2 liaoz...:)