Review: Aquadive Bathyscaphe 100 & Vintage NOS Diver

Post up your articles and reviews for future references
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 24 Nov 2011 13:03

Finally, I got some time with my camera + natural lighting after yesterday's unboxing armed with just my iPhone 4S.

Aquadive Bathyscaphe 100

I am very impressed with the solid built of the watch, there's definitely a lot of wrist presence with the Bathyscaphe 100.

The whole dial design, hour markers and the choice of hands makes it very attractive as a modern diver yet retain some of the old designs.

The whole crown operation feels really good and solid with brushed finishing for the case.

The white indicators for the bezel insert is something unique for me.

Top down, it's just beautiful.

Yes, I got #8, lucky 8. :)

Side by side with popular Seiko Marine Master 300 (MM300)

Both watches have the same feel and aura around it.

Side profiles, both are hefty and wears a little higher.

Although the MM300 feature a monobloc case, the Bathyscaphe has a higher water resistance at 1000m with a HEV.

To me, they are both great watches.
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
roo7
IT Superman

Re: Review: Aquadive Bathyscaphe 100 & Vintage NOS Diver

Post by roo7 » 24 Nov 2011 13:03

Vintage NOS Diver

The reason why I bought this is because it's a limited edition series build from new old stock parts that Aquadive kept in their inventory.

Quoting Aquadive:
We have in our possession a very limited number of new old stock pieces of this classic 60s diver. A piece of dive watch history, a piece of Aquadive. This genuine NOS (New Old Stock) Aquadive has a Swiss hand made case equipped with a bidirectional rotating bezel and a classic aluminum insert. The cases were found fully assembled with a heslite domed crystal in the old Aquadive inventory. We have carefully re-assembled them by hand using all new gaskets. This watch had/has a depth rating of 660ft, and is equipped with a new Aquadive dial with applied superluminova markers. It is operated by a new Swiss Made genuine ETA 2824-2, 25 jewel movement replacing the original movement in order to guarantee performance for years to come.
The white rectangular hands looks good matching the hour indices.

As usual, I just love domed crystals.

From the top, it really reminds me of the Vostok 2nd generation Amphibian.

A very cheeky "WATERPROOF" caseback.
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
kqxrseiko

Post by kqxrseiko » 24 Nov 2011 20:16

Wow wow!! You pulled double barreled shotgun? :D
watchlooker

Post by watchlooker » 15 Dec 2011 12:11

roo7 wrote:Vintage NOS Diver

The reason why I bought this is because it's a limited edition series build from new old stock parts that Aquadive kept in their inventory.

Quoting Aquadive:
We have in our possession a very limited number of new old stock pieces of this classic 60s diver. A piece of dive watch history, a piece of Aquadive. This genuine NOS (New Old Stock) Aquadive has a Swiss hand made case equipped with a bidirectional rotating bezel and a classic aluminum insert. The cases were found fully assembled with a heslite domed crystal in the old Aquadive inventory. We have carefully re-assembled them by hand using all new gaskets. This watch had/has a depth rating of 660ft, and is equipped with a new Aquadive dial with applied superluminova markers. It is operated by a new Swiss Made genuine ETA 2824-2, 25 jewel movement replacing the original movement in order to guarantee performance for years to come.
The white rectangular hands looks good matching the hour indices.

As usual, I just love domed crystals.

From the top, it really reminds me of the Vostok 2nd generation Amphibian.

A very cheeky "WATERPROOF" caseback.
Never realize this one had the square hands like the 4S..... swee man! ;)
CoolieND

Post by CoolieND » 18 Dec 2011 22:34

roo7 wrote:Vintage NOS Diver

Man, I'm not either for or against the Bathy 100, but this Vintage NOS Diver is awesome!! :mrgreen: Too bad it's US$890.00, or S$1150++... :| Not sure I'd give up my Tuna for one of them! ;)
oonik

Post by oonik » 19 Dec 2011 07:21

Agree bro!!! Indeed awesome on Aquadive reissue, hope that can order before NEW YEAR for their promotion price!!!
IMHO, I will keep the TUNA...... 