Review : Citizen CTR57-1101

Post up your articles and reviews for future references
ivanswk

Review : Citizen CTR57-1101

Post by ivanswk » 08 Feb 2012 14:58

This is for quartz lover. :lol: and my first try on a watch review.
It took abit of time for me to digest the idea of getting a quartz watch. But the idea of buying what you like keep hitting me. My journey on collecting citizen seems to be complete with this, with the eco-drive chrono diver, titanium automatic diver, automatic dress watch. I decided to take the plunge and here is my first quartz watch the Citizen Campanola CTR57-1101.

These new Campanolas from Citizen are part of the Grand Complication collection. The feature a hand lacquered dial, using ancient Japanese techniques. You can be sure that every watch that you own is unique in its own way.

The spec
* Movement Calibre 6772
* Precision : ± 20 seconds/month
* Weight : 163g
* Thickness : 16.2mm
* Case : Stainless steel
* Glass : Dual spherical sapphire glass (Nonreflective coating)
* Finishing : White IP plating
* Band : Stainless Steel
* 1/4 second chronograph (12 Hours)
* Perpetual Calendar
* Moon phase display
* Blue/Green Lacqued Dial
* 2 year battery life

What attracts me to the this model is
- Blue, my fav color, well if the model is black i would have got it anyway
- The size is not too big compare to other campanola
- The build / finish is solid and smooth, dunno how to describe it but just "gentle on the skin"
- The dome, man i love dome glass :P

http://www.watchtime.at/archive/wt_2007 ... 04_114.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ablogtoread.com/citizen-camp ... efinement/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The above link will share how fascinating a campanola is. I quote the same phrase "Once in a while there is an object of art that remains in your mind. You might see it once or a few times before realizing the appeal that it has to you.". Yes i have seen the campanola in Klcc before but it just did not appeal to me back then, it was huge and busy/complicated. But as my collection grow i am looking for something different from what i already have. The feeling like driving a sedan for 5 years and suddenly u want to feel the feeling of driving a MPV or a 4x4. So thus the diversity in my collection.

the pic i take from iphone sux, so here some pic from the net on nice dial

http://www.campanola-timepieces.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lunarin79
CEO

Re: Review : Citizen CTR57-1101

Post by lunarin79 » 08 Feb 2012 15:28

congrats!

I believe you're the 1st bro who owns a Campanola series here

Some designs are very nice from this series :mrgreen:
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
kqxrseiko

Post by kqxrseiko » 08 Feb 2012 16:38

Nice hoot from Visiotime! Did you pay $1.3k for it?
ivanswk

Post by ivanswk » 08 Feb 2012 17:22

pay more than 1.3k, their quite firm on the price
thanks