Encounter with Goh Seo Choon

Post up your articles and reviews for future references
OilnGas

Re: Encounter with Goh Seo Choon

Post by OilnGas » 07 Oct 2013 10:33

I had a bad experience with Mr Goh Seo Choon as well.

Bought him a few watches including a Seiko Alba ( Worst Damaged watch after repair)

First of all , my glass broke when i dropped the watch. so i went to him to have a replacement glass and touch up of a missing minute marker.

He did a fairly ok job , super flat glass instead and the missing minute marker , he merely use a black paper or some sort and stick it up ( glue mark visible.)

So i was thinking , it's ok , as long as it working fine ( as it a first watch given to me by my wife)

To my horror , watch cant even function continuously 3 hours even on my wrist ( after winding )

i went back , told him watch is faulty and power reserve is bad as well ( after a whole day of wearing , i place it on the table and it cant even last till morning)

He said look into it and tell me collect few days later , ( as usual , told me he close shop at 6 and quite attitude when i told him i will be there 6 15 pm earliest)

Exact words that he told me : u dun come later than 6 15 if not i will pull the shutters down.

So i collected the watch in a rush and went back home.

Guess what ? watch is worse than before , crown become super stiff , case back shown alot of scratches due to his case opening skill , watch cant even function.

I was thinking , is this the service that he render?

I will not recommend anyone i know to him and let alone let him service the other watches i have.
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 07 Oct 2013 12:02

What shop is this?
OilnGas

Post by OilnGas » 07 Oct 2013 12:07

this is watch shop of Mr Goh at Smith Street. the Chinatown market.
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 07 Oct 2013 13:02

OilnGas wrote:this is watch shop of Mr Goh at Smith Street. the Chinatown market.
Ohkk. Lucky i,ve. Not been there before
Evirobie

Post by Evirobie » 08 Oct 2013 16:52

I have quite a good experience with Elder Goh. One shocking experience I had is at LTH at Tanjong Pagar. The watchmaker din ask me if I want the old crystal just broke it and din have an exact replacement in the end.

Sent by the yellow minions.
xxccxx

Post by xxccxx » 09 Dec 2013 17:32

When I read first post, I thought this was referring to K2! Good thing I read on and also clicked on the links to see which Goh this was referring to. (Sorry, I'm newbie here, so only know about K2.)

As many agree, K2 is the place to go. Sei"goh", anyone? :lol:
socketer

Post by socketer » 13 May 2014 23:17

I have good experiences with GSC at chinatown market... I din bother to talk too much to him, told him the problem with my vintage, he assessed, and told me the agar agar quotation (if more parts needs replacement, will cost more). I came back 2 wks later, and he passed me the fully functioning watch.. thats it... cost is 1/2 of what K2 quoted me.

been to GSC numerous occasions to purchase paros straps. no fuss, he just passed me the catalogue, I asked for the right size for a particular design in the catalogue... he dug through his plastic bag and passed to me... no need bargain as I confident he will not overcharge...

If you are there to make friends like ah goh at K2, then you gotta be uncle and click with him... else just keep it professional...
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 14 May 2014 22:08

Hmm does GSC do mods?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I want to be a one watch guy!!
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 15 May 2014 05:39

Does Goh Seo Choon sell watches also or just repair only. Funny thing I missed his shop for the times I was there for lunch, only see a watch shop at a corner which is quite near the durian stall.