GRAND SEIKO Smittened !!!

Post up your articles and reviews for future references
KKFA

Re: GRAND SEIKO Smittened !!!

Post by KKFA » 01 Apr 2013 10:50

Wow very nice watch. Love the dial. Was told "hi-beat" watches will requires more servicing and p[arts repalcement as they wear out faster (??). Do you find this to be true? Wear your GS in good health!
Watchman

Post by Watchman » 14 Apr 2013 10:56

Indeed a beautifully piece of watch from Grand Seiko especially the dial, it growing at me!
snip3r

Post by snip3r » 04 May 2013 07:45

Wah nice...same price as rolex and other swiss watches..
ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 05 May 2013 21:18

snip3r wrote:Wah nice...same price as rolex and other swiss watches..
Ha ha ha .....
Your remark quite chim.
Need to decipher. ....

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
walfisch

Post by walfisch » 10 May 2013 08:23

lol what is your point?
KKFA

Post by KKFA » 08 Jun 2013 23:18

Hi maybe going to HK soon. Can anyone share where is a good area/shop to go hunting for GSes. Do u guys buy using cash or credit? Sorry for such a noob question. I hope to be as lucky, I wish. Still drooling over the hi beat. Thanks in advance.

Post by 004 » 09 Jun 2013 06:39

Just like a Rolex , Grand Seiko are high quality precision time piece's "hence" the same price ;)
Seamonster

Post by Seamonster » 14 Nov 2013 19:36

Beautiful piece! Love the textured dial and gs lion on the dial
xxccxx

Post by xxccxx » 07 Dec 2013 16:46

Hi everyone! I'm new here, but have been a GS fan ever since I first came across GS. I just went Tokyo and HK with family, and was casually asking in Tokyo used watch shops, but was told the SBGH015 cannot be found in the market anymore.

Then, when I was in HK, I went to SINO Centre at Mongkok to buy cheap Disneyland tickets from travel agency, and the first floor has many watch dealers. I casually walked into the first used watch shop to ask, and I found the SBGH015! The rest of it is history... :mrgreen:

Not cheap, though... slightly more ex than brand new with 15% discount from Thongsia.
KKFA

Post by KKFA » 08 Dec 2013 18:46

Lucky you. was there end Oct but saw nothing. You mean you got it brand new but was more ex than even TS in Singapore?
No worries, main thing is you enjoy the watch.
Cheers
xxccxx

Post by xxccxx » 08 Dec 2013 22:26

Nope, I got it in a used watch shop, so it is pre-owned. But condition is 9/10, with slight user marks on the bracelet.

That's why I said it is considered expensive, since it is more ex than brand new from Thongsia with 15% off. But what the heck, I really like the watch and brand new ones would be impossible to find, I believe...

I'd like to think that the watch found me :lol: ... I wasn't even purposely looking for it. I was there for Disneyland tickets, but saw a used watch shop, so I thought why not just walk in to ask.
xxccxx

Post by xxccxx » 09 Dec 2013 08:02

Nope, I didn't get it brand new, but pre-owned from a used watch shop. That's why I said it is expensive, because it cost even more than brand new from Thongsia with 15% off! But then, I like the watch so much, and it is so rare that someone who has it would let it go, so I bought it anyway!

I would even say that the watch found me... :lol: You see, I wasn't even hunting for the watch, cuz I was there to buy Disneyland tickets, saw a used watch shop, and just walked in and asked the shopkeeper. In fact, the shopkeeper said the previous owner is silly, cuz no one would sell this watch.

Then, the thing that made me most proud was when I went to a huge double-storey Rolex store in HK, wearing this Hi-beat. The supervisor who served me immediately recognized that as a rare GS, and praised me for having an eye for GS. Then he called a few of his colleagues (one is supposedly a GS fan too) using walkie-talkie (its a double-storey Rolex store) to come and see the GS, and suddenly, I became the centre of attraction in the Rolex store because of my GS!!! :lol:
Evirobie

Post by Evirobie » 09 Dec 2013 13:05

xxccxx wrote:Nope, I didn't get it brand new, but pre-owned from a used watch shop. That's why I said it is expensive, because it cost even more than brand new from Thongsia with 15% off! But then, I like the watch so much, and it is so rare that someone who has it would let it go, so I bought it anyway!

I would even say that the watch found me... :lol: You see, I wasn't even hunting for the watch, cuz I was there to buy Disneyland tickets, saw a used watch shop, and just walked in and asked the shopkeeper. In fact, the shopkeeper said the previous owner is silly, cuz no one would sell this watch.

Then, the thing that made me most proud was when I went to a huge double-storey Rolex store in HK, wearing this Hi-beat. The supervisor who served me immediately recognized that as a rare GS, and praised me for having an eye for GS. Then he called a few of his colleagues (one is supposedly a GS fan too) using walkie-talkie (its a double-storey Rolex store) to come and see the GS, and suddenly, I became the centre of attraction in the Rolex store because of my GS!!! :lol:
Wow, you one lucky guy to get that model. I know a few guys including me in this forum is looking for that too. If you want to let that go, you know who to look for. But it is indeed one of the finest piece in term of dial design and the rotor.

Sent by the yellow minions.
KKFA

Post by KKFA » 10 Dec 2013 18:40

Double wow. I queue behind Evirobie if you ever wanna let go.. hahaha :D
IzIz

Post by IzIz » 20 Dec 2013 15:34

xxccxx wrote:Nope, I didn't get it brand new, but pre-owned from a used watch shop. That's why I said it is expensive, because it cost even more than brand new from Thongsia with 15% off! But then, I like the watch so much, and it is so rare that someone who has it would let it go, so I bought it anyway!

Good to know they know their stuff and not snobbish.