Irreantum Magellan Review

Post up your articles and reviews for future references
lunarin79
CEO

Irreantum Magellan Review

Post by lunarin79 » 18 Apr 2012 18:36

Watch arrived together with a Pelican box as I posted earlier. After opening the box, the blue hue dial 'pops' out from the black/grey environment.

45mm case diameter excluding crown, bezel diameter is 42mm. 22mm lug. 14mm thick, 46mm lug to lug, perfect fit for 6" wrist

A very nice unique blue hue. The oversized hour indices may not be appealing to some but I'm ok with it.

this pic reflects more of the true blue of the dial. On certain lighting condition, the blue looks bright..

like this.. nice white & orange contrast hands. Perfectly contrasting against the blue.

The blue dial is totally different from Ocean 7 LM-3

Nicely done bezel 'teeth', easy to grip. Bezel clicks smoothhhhhhhhhhh

Signed crown

Signed bracelet clasp

with dive extension clasp

BOR bracelet, combination of brushed finish at the corners & polished on the centre

Drilled lugs, case is a combination of both brushed & polished finish as well

Nice simple caseback

I mentioned the bezel turns easily, it's due to the bezel constuction, there is a slight concave area hence when you are gripping the bezel, your fingers are gripping on the 'focused' area. The 'teeths' makes it even more easier to turn. I believe this is the same design for Doxa.

The 4:00 crown position is nicely placed. When the watch is worn, the crown is literally not touching the wrist portion

thus it's not obstructing the wrist in terms of wrist movements

Lume is average, my Helson Tortuga & Artego is much better than this but overall, it's still a nice piece :mrgreen:

The pelican box soon became the Home for all my Microbrands!

Lastly, a lume shot of all 5 & a wristshot

Seiko Club Gathering 2016
Bets

Re: Irreantum Magellan Review

Post by Bets » 19 Apr 2012 15:40

i like!
stunning bracelet!