Obris Morgan Helmuth Review

Post up your articles and reviews for future references
lunarin79
CEO

Obris Morgan Helmuth Review

Post by lunarin79 » 01 May 2012 21:28

Owned a Obris Morgan before so I know what to expect from this brand. It's more or less a mushroom brand but the features & designs are pretty interesting.

Just collected this Obris Morgan Helmuth in the afternoon. Came in a pelican box but of cos, the quality is not those top grade material as compared to my Irreantum but still, a nice way to sell as a package imo.

The package consists of 2 stock straps, 1 brown & 1 black, both 22mm. Warranty card, a '+' screwdriver for strap change & an extra screw pin lug.

The nice thing about the black strap is, OM has actually marked the size/length of the strap on the back. Not sure why the brown wasn't done this way.

signed buckle

Onto the watch.

Nice case design with nice bezel. Uni directional. Case is s/s but made to look like titanium finish. Black dial with orange markers but non-lumed. Only the hands are lumed. If the markers & skull logo are lumed, I think that will be damn cool.

Case: 44mm w/o crown, 49mm inclu of crown
Thickness: 16mm
Lug to Lug: 54mm
Lug width: 22mm

Image[/img]

I like the smooth semi round bezel deign with the protruding 'cyindrical studs'. One interesting design is, instead of having 0,10,15 on the countdown bezel, it's using 3 lume dots instead. This is not a diver watch I guess.

I'm quite attracted to those 'cylindrical studs',lol. I took many pics of these :lol: Somehow, it made the bezel looked 3 dimensional.

ok, last pic, I guessed you guys must be bored liao,lol

Ok, this watch might not be suitable for those who are anal about alignment of lume pip to 12:00 marker,lol

Cool skull logo but I'm not sure wats the concept of it though.

nice huge screwdown crown

with gearlike edges for easy grip

another view showing the crown, the bezel rotates with smooth clicks & easy probably due to the small 'teeth' on the edge of the bezel

side profile of case

screw pin lug

movement wise, I'm not sure. Maybe a Seagull? Non-decorated movt.

1 thing that baffled me is: why is 'Kauffman II' written on the caseback? Kauffman II is actually a different model leh, hmm..

anyway..a few more pics to summarize everything up

Ohh, I forgot. The GMT hand can be set independently from the 1st click of the crown. I believed it's modified since there is no date.

switched out the stock strap & used a olive green strap on it :twisted:

couple of pics showing the subtle angular case edge. Crystal is non-AR coated & a mineral crystal

last but not least, a compulsory wristshot

& lume shot

hope you enjoy this review.

Obris Morgan Helmuth is still available & price is 189usd-205usd depending on the case variants.

http://www.obrismorgan.com/english/helmuth.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
Mstallone723

Re: Obris Morgan Helmuth Review

Post by Mstallone723 » 24 Oct 2012 12:27

Great review! Was thinking of these watches but some are sold out, you bought direct ?
lunarin79
CEO

Re: Obris Morgan Helmuth Review

Post by lunarin79 » 24 Oct 2012 15:13

Nope,i got it from my fren :)
Seiko Club Gathering 2016