Bathys Wahine Review

Post up your articles and reviews for future references
lunarin79
CEO

Bathys Wahine Review

Post by lunarin79 » 08 May 2012 15:16

Received this Bathys yesterday after a long wait. Always interested to try a bathys so when this shows up, I just whack, irregardless a ETA quartz :lol: and oh, I had also wanted to add a rose gold watch into my collection as well.

before this arrive, I kept going to Google & kept looking at pics of this, not sure how the actual watch will look like, not many wristshot so unable to really gauge the size on wrist but since it's a 36mm, I guess it will confirm work since vintage Seiko dress watches are also mainly 36mm, except this is thicker.

Bathys Wahine

It's actually a Rose Gold Titanium case, wears light & the tinge of pink is nice.

Sorta liked the dial design but not sure if I'm a fan of the 12-2-4-6-8-10 indexes, moonphas below 12:00 & date above 6:00

Case is in 2 finishes- brushed for the case & polished on the bezel, with signed crown.

watch comes on a stingray strap & a double ridge rubber strap with original RG buckle

dome sapphire crystal with AR coating

& a nice caseback

overall, a pretty watch grab & go watch, one thing that still irks me is the alignment of the secondhand to the minute markers ;)

Other than that, a pretty good watch for missus :mrgreen:
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
fireal

Re: Bathys Wahine Review

Post by fireal » 23 Sep 2012 19:35

Just to add on to this review:

this watch has been in my hands for a few months already and i thought id just post my thoughts
maybe 36mm small for u guys , but its a good size for me so i do wear it now and then

First thing i did was disassemble and align the hands as well as replace the battery

noted several points:
1. since the whole case is rose titanium plated / case and case back , when opening the screw case back , the plating on the contact point between the case and caseback is sure to wear off when u screw in and out ( though the wear would be hidden once u have assembled it )

2. oddly a plated case back , so possible wearing in the plating but so far so good

3. the inner build is very solid , the case is has a very thick housing to encase the movt and followed by inner seals and pressure rings , very impressed

overall very happy with it
Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't
own it, but you can use it. You can't keep
it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it
you can never get it back.
zidaneong

Re: Bathys Wahine Review

Post by zidaneong » 18 Oct 2012 20:30

Something really unique.