Strap Review: Leather Strap from Bradystraps.com

Post up your articles and reviews for future references
salokiN

Post by salokiN » 17 May 2012 10:18

Hi guys! The strap I'm reviewing in this thread is the Black Sailcloth with White Stitching leather strap from Bradystraps.com.

The strap arrived in approximately 2 weeks, including weekends, so the wait really wasn't that long considering it's shipped from the US. Shipping is free so that's a big plus for me as well.

I received the strap in perfectly new condition, in an envelope with bubble wrap on the inside, for great protection during shipping.

When you look at the strap you'll realize that the spring bars do not fall out from the strap, it has an additional attachment to keep it in place, you'll see what I mean here:

Even though significantly thinner, I think the Bradystraps spring bar works as well as the Seiko stock spring bars. What's more, with this added feature of keeping the spring bars in place, you don't ever have to worry about your spring bar going missing.

As you can see, the 20mm strap might look a little puny/skinny on the Seiko Sinn given its large face, as such, when you wear it on your wrist, it really gives all the attention to the watch face. The watch does look a lot more prominent on this leather strap than on the stock rubber strap, which I love.

I've a really small wrist (somewhere about 6plus inches, I guess?) and I'm using the last hole on the strap and luckily for me, it fits perfectly. The strap isn't very long, so for those who have bigger wrists, you might find little strap left after you put the hook in the strap hole (please pardon my lack of knowledge for the technical terms) this picture next will explain more;

There are downsides though, if you look at the next picture, the two loops where you slot the remaining strap into, they aren't equal. This means that the loop that is sewn into the strap provides a good, secure fit. But the other loop which is usually "free to roam" is slightly looser. This could have been intentional, but I cannot figure out why.

Also, for someone with wrists as thin as mine, the strap will tend to "run" from it's position. This means that the watch will tend to slip up to the top side of the wrist where the "ball of the wrist" is. This, I credit the blame to my own skinny wrists.

All in all, it's been a week into my new strap and I'm loving it. The sailcloth texture offers a subtle yet rugged feel. With Bradystraps, Todd (the guy who's running Bradystraps.com) promises a 30-day no questions asked policy for all his Black Sailcloth with White Stitching straps, that's good sign of the strap's quality IMO.
Last edited by salokiN on 17 May 2012 12:17, edited 1 time in total.
Nikolas, with the "K".
Seiko SRP043K2 "Sinn" | Ticino BF-109 | Seiko SBDC001J Sumo | Steinhart Grand Prix Chrono Ltd Edition |
Seiko SBDX001J Marinemaster 300 | Longines Retrograde Master Collection Moonphase L2.739.4.71.3
fishcake

Post by fishcake » 14 Sep 2012 15:57

yea, I have the gold stitching on black sailcloth that is attached to my fff. totally compliments the watch.