So my Jenny has found her home after 50 years...

Post up your articles and reviews for future references
Cosmograph

So my Jenny has found her home after 50 years...

Post by Cosmograph » 11 Dec 2012 13:03

So after a long(relative) wait, The Caribbean has found her way here to my home. A first review for me and thought I'd share with fellow bros here for this iconic piece that I have been eyeing for a while since I never dared to pull the trigger for a true vintage˜The Caribbean 1000M". (And they are hard to come by in a pre loved pristine condition)

After placing the order within 24hours of the announcement made by DOXA, it has been a long wait considering that these pieces were to be available from end November and some fellow Caribbeanist got theirs pretty soon from the announcement.

This is the box. (Oh, it comes in a nice orange wrapped paper which I have shredded and is not photo available again)

Unwrapped and sitting pretty, waiting to be worn.

She's been flipped over to show off her back.

A strap view (Though the rubber strap is extremely comfortable, I don't like how it attracts alot of dust and lint.

A very shiny buckle (which I personally am not in favor of) makes it look a tad bit obiang! (Out of character for a vintage piece imo and the rest of the case is brushed)

Finally, brought her out for kopi with a friend. And she was stunning. I love the hands and color combination of this watch. And from my understanding it is nicknamed the Toilet Seat! (so now no need to worry about finding a good public toilet I guess since its perpetually on my wrist. :lol: )

The watch is comfortable and a tad light on my wrist. It came with just the warranty card and a cardboard box. In usual Doxa standard I imagine, no frills! The strap will be a slight pain to deal with since it has attracted some dust and I am not sure how long it will last if used regularly or how much abuse it can actually take. Standard ETA 2824 movement, simple dial & hands and especially like the silver edged date which is subtle & classy.

Never thought I would like such a crowded bezel but it is simply stunning and wears so comfortably on one's wrist. And is great to add to your collection if you like a vintage, classic design and mostly importantly a diver! Unfortunately, I am not able to compare to the vintage ones and I believe roo7 will be able to do a fantastic job (with better pictures). So, I also eagerly await his review too.

*Do note that all pics are taken with an iPhone4 so excuse the 'sub standard' photos since I am not an experience photographer to begin with & just take casual pics. :ugeek:
Enjoying Japanese, Swiss, Germans & Micros quartz or mechanical, solar/Eco or kinetic, electronic

Time is one's best friend or worst enemy. You can't stop her or contain her but you can use her or watch her go by!
roo7
IT Superman

Re: So my Jenny has found her home after 50 years...

Post by roo7 » 11 Dec 2012 13:39

Ah, beautiful !!

You are right about the strap, I noticed that dust and lint on the other photos.. now where is mine ~~
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/

Post by 004 » 11 Dec 2012 13:51

Never heard of the brand "Jenny" , nice Diver ;)
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 11 Dec 2012 14:10

MIKER wrote:Never heard of the brand "Jenny" , nice Diver ;)
It's a brand from the past, Doxa now hold the rights to Jenny...

Here's the history behind Jenny: http://www.rruegger.ch/jenny_caribbean.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Translation is required. ;)
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
will.iam

Post by will.iam » 11 Dec 2012 14:55

Wow! Very nice looking watch! ;)
站在十字路口

Post by 004 » 11 Dec 2012 15:47

roo7 wrote:
MIKER wrote:Never heard of the brand "Jenny" , nice Diver ;)
It's a brand from the past, Doxa now hold the rights to Jenny...

Here's the history behind Jenny: http://www.rruegger.ch/jenny_caribbean.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Translation is required. ;)
Ok , thanks for the heads up ;)
Quasimodo

Post by Quasimodo » 12 Dec 2012 03:56

That's a very nice looking watch! Great hoot!
I don't seem to have enough wrists. :)