[Review] Jenny Caribbean 50th Anniversary Re-edition

Post up your articles and reviews for future references
roo7
IT Superman

[Review] Jenny Caribbean 50th Anniversary Re-edition

Post by roo7 » 21 Dec 2012 09:59

When okies8 first shared this back in Nov, I was so tempted yet unsure. The yellow is screaming out at me but I was hesitant, so I waited for more photos of the actual watch, as they slowly appear on WUS, I decided to jump onto it. Placed an order by end of Nov, the watch finally arrived almost a month later.

At the first glance, it's almost exactly a replica of the original Jenny Caribbean, the distinct differences are bigger case, screwed down case back vs a monobloc case design, dial and hands and the logo used.

The old and new side by side, the bezel with the decompression table is what stands out in both Jenny.

It's like falling in love all over again, the perfectly finished brushing on case, the bezel turns smoothly and clicks into alignment. Not a diver, so I can't make any sense out of the decompression table along the bezel.

The case back is very different with Jenny's first logo, the Xiphias (sword fish). Quoting from Doxa announcement, "The new (old) logo is historical to JENNY watches and represents a the early days in the evolution of the Jenny Caribbean."

The original fish logo for reference, which is currently adopted in all Doxa sub watches.

Signed buckle, since we are on the topic of strap, I have very mixed feelings about it, I believe other owners shared the same as well. It's very comfortable but it picks up dust and lint like magnet. The strap have to go.

Signed crown with the new old logo.

Symbol of Quality, 50 years apart.

The other Jennys in my collection.

Ladies Jenny Caribbean

Jenny fascination
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
lunarin79
CEO

Re: [Review] Jenny Caribbean 50th Anniversary Re-edition

Post by lunarin79 » 21 Dec 2012 10:17

review hot off from the oven sia, 9:59am

not working ar di di,lol

hmm, gxgx!
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 21 Dec 2012 11:20

lunarin79 wrote:review hot off from the oven sia, 9:59am

not working ar di di,lol

hmm, gxgx!
Yup. On leave but also on standby.....

Wearing the watch while I type out the review... very comfy strap... but a replacement is necessary.. :lol:
Not as active.
Becky

Post by Becky » 21 Dec 2012 15:22

Mixed feelings on this piece, but the unique bezel certainly makes it outstanding in a class of its own.

Gxgx!
Cosmograph

Post by Cosmograph » 21 Dec 2012 15:47

roo7 wrote:
lunarin79 wrote:review hot off from the oven sia, 9:59am

not working ar di di,lol

hmm, gxgx!

Wearing the watch while I type out the review... very comfy strap... but a replacement is necessary.. :lol:
Congrats once again. The strap hunt is going to be fun! :twisted: Looks like kinda in between 21-22mm... Hiaz...

Still not close to the vintage that you have with such a domed crystal and yellow hands.. Are the lugs similar roo7?

How many made it to our shores I wonder.
Enjoying Japanese, Swiss, Germans & Micros quartz or mechanical, solar/Eco or kinetic, electronic

Time is one's best friend or worst enemy. You can't stop her or contain her but you can use her or watch her go by!
fireal

Post by fireal » 22 Dec 2012 10:47

swee nice review and pics
Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't
own it, but you can use it. You can't keep
it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it
you can never get it back.
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 22 Dec 2012 12:59

Cosmograph wrote:
roo7 wrote:

Congrats once again. The strap hunt is going to be fun! :twisted: Looks like kinda in between 21-22mm... Hiaz...

Still not close to the vintage that you have with such a domed crystal and yellow hands.. Are the lugs similar roo7?

How many made it to our shores I wonder.
Nope, the vintage one is even more troublesome, the lugs are tapered, so it's 21 at the end, and probably 18 at the watch....

Here's a photo of it with bracelet: http://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/jenny- ... 60036.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Even harder to find.... 19mm
Not as active.