Seiko Neo Classic SRP769K2

Post up your articles and reviews for future references
telepgm

Seiko Neo Classic SRP769K2

Post by telepgm » 25 Aug 2016 10:39

Seiko celebrated her 130th anniversary in 2011. It's an amazing feat for any company, and what could be better way to celebrate than to launch a new calibre to the world? The 4R series is in it's existence for over 5 years and it boast hacking, self-winding capabilities and better accuracy from it's predecessors.

It's been featured as "Version 2" of some of the most celebrated Seiko classic watches, including the Monster Series and the new Turtle 6309 Prospex Reissue. Of course, some of Seiko's modern dress watches are now armed with the 4R calibre.

It's my pleasure to do a quick review on of the SRP769K2 Seiko Neo Classic Men's dress watch.

Here are the specs taken from internet for your reference:
Case: 45 (with crown) x 42 (W) x 13 mm (thickness)
Calibre: 4R35 (Automatic, Self-Winding Capabilities, Hacking)

Likes part 1:
The "Modern Gentlemen" size of 42mm really fits in well in the current fashion context.
The dauphine hands made popular by Rolex's 1601 in the 70's is on the 769.
The end of the minute hand touching the minute indicator of the dial precisely, allowing accuracy of time adjustment.
The crescent moon at the end of the second hand gave a "Moonphase-like" vibe to the watch.
The Textured Guilloche -like pattern dial on the 769 gave a subtle luxury, that is usually found in high end swiss watches.
Reflections of the chrome dauphine hands are some times "blackened" giving the 769 the Black-on-Black stealth look.

Likes part 2:
Big Crown for east of adjusting time/date, and making her joy to wind in my time of leisure.
The hardlex crystal is slightly domed, making the watch vintage and mysterious looking in certain angle.
4R35 movement with the single date function gave the 769 a clean, classy and Art Deco 1920's vibe.
The roman indices, combined with the Guilloche on the dial gave that European class on a Japanese timepiece.
The word "Automatic" gently sits cursively above the 6 o'clock position; adding that classy touch.
Finally, the price point was the final driving factor for me to whip out my wallet to purchase this wonderful piece.

Dislike(2):
The casing of the watch, if compared to SARB or GS series can be a little lacking in terms of sturdiness and robustness.
The original Seiko Leather Strap in black is a little too thin for my liking; but its a personal preference. I purchased the watch without the original strap at a slight discount.

Conclusion:

The 769 receives a two thumbs up from me. Although the stainless steel casing is not rock solid like a Rolex 914 standard, but at a huge fraction of a price, I really cannot fault this piece. The thin original leather strap which may not be my favourite feature; a thick padded croc embossed strap did the trick.

The 769 is suitable for most formal occasion and even during leisure time as well. Depending on the colour of the leather band, it will match well with folks who wears suit, pants and tie as well as gents who enjoys polo t-shirts on chinois.

The 769 would be an excellent choice (please don't be surprise or sexist) for ladies who is tired of girly sized watches like 28, 31, 32 or 34mm. 42mm watches, when wore with confidence by ladies, can bring out some guts and style in them. I have met ladies who wears Subs and GMT on a daily basis, in a currently male dominated corporate world. Damn, they look sexy.

For friends from overseas who are reading this review: I have purchased my SRP769 from K2 Watches at Tanjong Katong Complex. You can locate their workshop and boutique at 845 Geyland Road #03-K1 Singapore 400845 Tel: 6764 0270. Look for the legendary and kind Mr. SM Goh.

I hope you have enjoyed my review on the 769. Feel free to leave comments and ask any questions. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by telepgm on 25 Aug 2016 23:43, edited 4 times in total.
Strap Shine by Dicon: Leather Care for Watch Straps. Nourishes | Waterproofs | Cleans
http://www.leather-care.sg/product/stra ... -by-dicon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Contact: hello@jaspe.com.sg
Ed.YEO

Re: Seiko Neo Classic SRP769K2

Post by Ed.YEO » 25 Aug 2016 11:02

Waaah... you outside lain liao huh? Under dis lighting, the wajch sibeh classik wor!!!
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 25 Aug 2016 12:05

Ed.YEO wrote:
Waaah... you outside lain liao huh? Under dis lighting, the wajch sibeh classik wor!!!
Haha. Taken with iPhone 6s, edited with the "Transfer" mode for that vintage look. Thanks for the compliment Ed!
Strap Shine by Dicon: Leather Care for Watch Straps. Nourishes | Waterproofs | Cleans
http://www.leather-care.sg/product/stra ... -by-dicon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Contact: hello@jaspe.com.sg
Stan80

Post by Stan80 » 25 Aug 2016 12:10

the hands... the hands.
My family, my life, my watches...
Personal favourite: Tudor Classic Moxa
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 25 Aug 2016 14:17

Stan80 wrote:the hands... the hands.
Hahah. What about the hands, Stan?
Stan80

Post by Stan80 » 25 Aug 2016 17:25

telepgm wrote:
Stan80 wrote:the hands... the hands.
Gorgeous!!!
My family, my life, my watches...
Personal favourite: Tudor Classic Moxa
Trident

Post by Trident » 25 Aug 2016 17:46

....................but still or lu lu
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 25 Aug 2016 19:34

Stan80 wrote:
telepgm wrote:
Gorgeous!!!
Many thanks! Perhaps you can consider this piece for your next purchase?

telepgm

Post by telepgm » 25 Aug 2016 19:35

Trident wrote:....................but still or lu lu
hey Trident, you know me: I like my pieces black as night and stealth as a ninja. :)

cirdec

Post by cirdec » 27 Aug 2016 09:38

nice pictures, I like how you set the mood.
The watch is an awesome piece, classic design, especially with the unique hands. if I remember correctly, there is a cream dial version right? Either way, it looks nice.

Do share more new watches with us.
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 27 Aug 2016 14:38

brack brack no bond to me。。。muzt need spesial light conition like above to keep this piece to my collection。

i like rose susu betta。
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 08 Sep 2016 10:34

cirdec wrote:nice pictures, I like how you set the mood.
The watch is an awesome piece, classic design, especially with the unique hands. if I remember correctly, there is a cream dial version right? Either way, it looks nice.

Do share more new watches with us.
Thanks Cirdec, all photos taken by iPhone 6s! I'll be doing another one soon. Hint: It's a watch you own as well. :)

telepgm

Post by telepgm » 08 Sep 2016 10:35

Ed.YEO wrote:brack brack no bond to me。。。muzt need spesial light conition like above to keep this piece to my collection。

i like rose susu betta。
like 黑白無常 as a deadly combo right? Thumbs up the 769's creamy partner in crime!