Panerai GMT

Swiss, German, Russian, Chinese and other watch companies
Paladium

Re: Panerai GMT

Post by Paladium » 02 Feb 2014 18:38

Wouldn't blame you. Many people can't get past the lure of good resale of rolex. Most of the time a rolex is usually more worth it die to brand recognition and good resale value
Hoot 1st talk later!
big-e-294

Post by big-e-294 » 02 Feb 2014 19:25

KKFA wrote:Thanks for all the the replys from bros in scs..

They surely help muddy the waters even more.. :lol:

The distillate from all these, just buy Seiko lah.. Cheers.
GS gmt ;)

But I'm biased. :D

Sent from The Force
KKFA

Post by KKFA » 02 Feb 2014 21:10

big-e-294 wrote:

GS gmt ;)

Sent from The Force
Noooo! You.. biased... I am shocked :shock:

Hehehe.. in this forum, I guess most are slight, ever so slightly biased..no?

I have all the GS GMTs showned here.............

Eer I mean have seen them. They are nice. The first is far too much like its homage by lolex the GMT II :D The second is nice but I liked the the third. The cream dial is delicious. like ice cream.

But at the time I had other priorities and the fact I already have the lolex homage, and other GMT watches, I had to give it a pass. Another time.

And I am not biased :D
KKFA

Post by KKFA » 02 Feb 2014 21:15

big-e-294 wrote:

GS gmt ;)

Sent from The Force

Eer I mean have seen them. They are nice. The first is far too much like its homage by lolex the GMT II :D The second is nice but I liked the the third. The cream dial is delicious. like ice cream.

But at the time I had other priorities and the fact I already have the lolex homage, and other GMT watches, I had to give it a pass. Another time.

wolfeyes1974

Post by wolfeyes1974 » 02 Feb 2014 21:47

I agree that their watches look very alike and this is a negative point but I guess we should just buy what we like.

used to own pam 88 then flipped to pam 270 cos inhouse movement and it's 10 days PR. now this is my only travel watch. :)

cheers

james
yoshiki

Post by yoshiki » 02 Feb 2014 22:03

Paladium wrote:Wouldn't blame you. Many people can't get past the lure of good resale of rolex. Most of the time a rolex is usually more worth it die to brand recognition and good resale value
But you see, I am contemplating to get a gs gmt. I would rather get a gs than a Pam.

sent from my 8850
big-e-294

Panerai GMT

Post by big-e-294 » 02 Feb 2014 22:03

KKFA wrote:
big-e-294 wrote:
GS gmt ;)

Sent from The Force

I agree with what u said. It's true.

Just for those who don't know. The first gmt is actually the first GMT GS and was a Mastershop model. So in GS history, it's somewhat significant.

Second pic was a short production model. Jdm model ofcourse and the dial is actually a very dark brown... like shoyu.

Last one is best combo: ice cream dial w that wonderful heated steel blue gmt hand.... Yummo!
It's an international model for when GS was launched worldwide.

Sent from The Force
ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 02 Feb 2014 22:42

Since this is a panerai gmt thread. I will only touch panerai even thou I m bery bery biased.

To me, only the fuss free dial, simi mah bo dial is the best.

End of day.
Buy if you suka.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 02 Feb 2014 22:42

KKFA wrote:
ivan wrote:
I m lost for words.
You win

:D

Neber thought I'd see the day that Bro Ivan is lost for words.. quickly go buy 4D Huat ah!
Quick.
Give me 4 numbers too.
I wanna buy.
:mrgreen:

ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 02 Feb 2014 22:43

big-e-294 wrote:
KKFA wrote: Noooo! You.. biased... I am shocked :shock:

I agree with what u said. It's true.

Just for those who don't know. The first gmt is actually the first GMT GS and was a Mastershop model. So in GS history, it's somewhat significant.

Second pic was a short production model. Jdm model ofcourse and the dial is actually a very dark brown... like shoyu.

Last one is best combo: ice cream dial w that wonderful heated steel blue gmt hand.... Yummo!
It's an international model for when GS was launched worldwide.

Sent from The Force
Thanks Big E.
Learnt something

Evirobie

Post by Evirobie » 03 Feb 2014 09:25

I think the PAM AD in SG no longer authenticate the PAMs, makes buying second hand one a bit risky I guess.
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 03 Feb 2014 10:42

Evirobie wrote:I think the PAM AD in SG no longer authenticate the PAMs, makes buying second hand one a bit risky I guess.
What about via the service quote method?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
KKFA

Post by KKFA » 03 Feb 2014 16:25

ivan wrote:Since this is a panerai gmt thread. I will only touch panerai even thou I m bery bery biased.

To me, only the fuss free dial, simi mah bo dial is the best.

End of day.
Buy if you suka.

Cheers!

Most logical and 'arm' statement, buy if you suka.. you rock bro! +1000.
titan

Post by titan » 09 Feb 2014 05:40

Well there's always different school of thought, buy wat you like and not wat others said

If unsure and still like pam, base model is a safer bet ;)

Some swore by pam while others hate it
matt156c

Post by matt156c » 09 Feb 2014 09:58

I have the Pam 233 dot. The 1950 case with dome crystal is a fantastic combo with in house movement. Resale value is holding well too if you are looking at flipping.

Pam is a good choice but then again, I can get 2 GS for the price of the Pam. So given a choice, I will buy 2 GS.
pyu

Post by pyu » 31 May 2014 18:14

The Panerai design is pretty good. It is also not hard to replicate as a bro has noted unlike a certain other replicated brand, the Pam heritage behind its movement, case, etc means that with a bit of QC, you can actually make one that looks similar and is pretty hard for normal layman to detect.

I have to point out that I agree about the investment aspect of luxury watches thing though. At the rate the retail prices are increasing, I think the investment argument is fading even for the coronet brand. Just think, at the prices that Rolex charges for its models, are you sure that the near 10k you splurge at retail is going to hold or even appreciate?
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 02 Jun 2014 09:09

ivan wrote:Before buying pam, I advice pple stop looking too much into the movements.

If you are looking at a big, simple yet elegant design, I think you wont go wrong with the pams.

Is a love hate relationship thou. Some models with their in house movement, can hold their price very well, some dont. And their models r way too many and they look almost identical that I feel is 1 of their downside.

If you wanna buy, read up more on the web as there are too many articles for you to digest before you make the plunge.

There will always b 2 diff camps of pple for whatever watch you r going to buy. So, unless u r disturbed, then you can decide on ypur own.

Cheers

I agree with bro Ivan totally. Well summarized.

I don't own enough watches but I like talking about them.
Roguehogticktock.blogspot.com
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 02 Jun 2014 09:22

There will always be Pam haters..don't think too much of the movement, history, heritage and price(which has been jacked up many times from around 3k plus), just buy if u like the design lor. Personally not for me though...my puny wrist cannot take it...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I want to be a one watch guy!!
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 02 Jun 2014 09:23

My thoughts. Since this is a Pam gmt thread and bro jeryl touched on the 312. Yes it is currently one if there sought after model. But having owned a 312 sibling, the 320 for a coupla years now, I have these to say.

1) if this is to be your first Pam, I reckon u should get a base model like a 000, 005 or 111.
2) the lumi 1950 case is thick and has fatter lug arms. Compared with the bettarini case the latter is more small wrist friendly.
3) I personally do not like the p9000 series movement. The rotor is rather noisy. Unlike the infamous valjoux wobble one tend to experience with the cal. 7750, this one makes a grinding sound instead of a swishing sound. Rather disconcerting.

Just sharing my take. :)

I don't own enough watches but I like talking about them.
Roguehogticktock.blogspot.com
giraffe000

Post by giraffe000 » 09 Oct 2014 10:11

http://www.essential-watches.com/watch/ ... ezel/21394

The same model, don't need 8K but it's regretful that is not in stock. What about the PAM160, same dial

http://www.bernardwatch.com/Panerai/Luminor-GMT/PAN1028