Forum feedback for admin

Get first hand news of the forum and provide any feedback to the administrators.

FAQ and Rules are also located here.

Comments and critics are welcome.
watchlooker
Caveman
Posts: 1620
Joined: 11 Apr 2011 08:29

Re: Forum feedback for admin

Post by watchlooker » 18 Apr 2011 09:41

roo7 wrote:
Font size can manually adjusted at the top of the page above the log out text. :)
Noted with thks. But then hor... everytime login have to manual adjust... sibei sianz.... how to make it permanently fixed to the size i wan?? :?:
User avatar
sys12345
Junior member
Posts: 153
Joined: 11 Apr 2011 09:43
Location: Singapore

Re: Forum feedback for admin

Post by sys12345 » 18 Apr 2011 10:43

Part of the 'fun' of setting up your own forum! :mrgreen:
roo7 wrote:Hmm it doesn't automatically remove the nested quotes, you have to remove it manually.. hmmm need more tweaking..
User avatar
roo7
IT Superman
Posts: 6864
Joined: 10 Apr 2011 22:05
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Forum feedback for admin

Post by roo7 » 18 Apr 2011 11:23

watchlooker wrote: Noted with thks. But then hor... everytime login have to manual adjust... sibei sianz.... how to make it permanently fixed to the size i wan?? :?:
I don't think can change permanently, the other way is to use your internet browser to up the font size, "Ctrl and +", although that may screw up the alignment.
Not as active.
blog: http://jiehong.org/
User avatar
roo7
IT Superman
Posts: 6864
Joined: 10 Apr 2011 22:05
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Forum feedback for admin

Post by roo7 » 18 Apr 2011 11:26

sys12345 wrote:Part of the 'fun' of setting up your own forum! :mrgreen:
Yup hehehe..
Not as active.
blog: http://jiehong.org/
watchlooker
Caveman
Posts: 1620
Joined: 11 Apr 2011 08:29

Re: Forum feedback for admin

Post by watchlooker » 18 Apr 2011 11:31

roo7 wrote:
I don't think can change permanently, the other way is to use your internet browser to up the font size, "Ctrl and +", although that may screw up the alignment.
Really screw up alighment liaoz.... s**t.... so back to square one... sianz..... I can think of a solution but require$$$... :cry:
User avatar
roo7
IT Superman
Posts: 6864
Joined: 10 Apr 2011 22:05
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Forum feedback for admin

Post by roo7 » 18 Apr 2011 11:54

watchlooker wrote: Really screw up alighment liaoz.... s**t.... so back to square one... sianz..... I can think of a solution but require$$$... :cry:
Ctrl + and ctrl - to adjust font size at the browser level.
Not as active.
blog: http://jiehong.org/
triton
New member
Posts: 38
Joined: 13 Apr 2011 21:23

Re: Forum feedback for admin

Post by triton » 19 Apr 2011 21:51

personally, i think the nested quote are good. why? it allows you to track the entire conversation especially when doing buy/sell. to prevent any misunderstanding.

i have encountered some sellers who will purposely start a new thread instead of reply with quote. why? the seller did not want to commit to the earlier agreement.

manually delete is troublesome. also not for those who do not know much about HTML codes.
roo7 wrote:Hmm it doesn't automatically remove the nested quotes, you have to remove it manually.. hmmm need more tweaking..
triton
New member
Posts: 38
Joined: 13 Apr 2011 21:23

Re: Forum feedback for admin

Post by triton » 19 Apr 2011 21:54

im not sure about having to manually adjust the font size. if it is adjusted once, it will be the same for all subsequent window tab font size.

unless you are referring to this forum uses smaller font than normal. in that case, it could be the theme that is being used. just adjust the theme font size.

this is because, web browser will auto super cede all the preset font size that is dictated by the website.

i might be wrong about this. been awhile since i last work on such coding.
watchlooker wrote:
roo7 wrote:
Font size can manually adjusted at the top of the page above the log out text. :)
Noted with thks. But then hor... everytime login have to manual adjust... sibei sianz.... how to make it permanently fixed to the size i wan?? :?:
triton
New member
Posts: 38
Joined: 13 Apr 2011 21:23

Re: Forum feedback for admin

Post by triton » 19 Apr 2011 21:56

not sure what alignment you referring to. if can elaborate, maybe we can all put on thinking caps to offer a 'free cost' solution.
watchlooker wrote:
roo7 wrote:
I don't think can change permanently, the other way is to use your internet browser to up the font size, "Ctrl and +", although that may screw up the alignment.
Really screw up alighment liaoz.... s**t.... so back to square one... sianz..... I can think of a solution but require$$$... :cry:
User avatar
roo7
IT Superman
Posts: 6864
Joined: 10 Apr 2011 22:05
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Forum feedback for admin

Post by roo7 » 19 Apr 2011 22:56

triton wrote:personally, i think the nested quote are good. why? it allows you to track the entire conversation especially when doing buy/sell. to prevent any misunderstanding.

i have encountered some sellers who will purposely start a new thread instead of reply with quote. why? the seller did not want to commit to the earlier agreement.

manually delete is troublesome. also not for those who do not know much about HTML codes.
Agreed with expecting the forum users to remove the bbcodes is a hassle. Managed to fix it with a mod.

As for the font sizes, it's tricky, so far I tried, the font sizes seems to stay in the same session... gotta try it out.
Not as active.
blog: http://jiehong.org/
triton
New member
Posts: 38
Joined: 13 Apr 2011 21:23

Re: Forum feedback for admin

Post by triton » 20 Apr 2011 07:13

sorry. i am abit lost.

what is the result you trying to achieve with font re-size?
roo7 wrote:
triton wrote:personally, i think the nested quote are good. why? it allows you to track the entire conversation especially when doing buy/sell. to prevent any misunderstanding.

i have encountered some sellers who will purposely start a new thread instead of reply with quote. why? the seller did not want to commit to the earlier agreement.

manually delete is troublesome. also not for those who do not know much about HTML codes.
Agreed with expecting the forum users to remove the bbcodes is a hassle. Managed to fix it with a mod.

As for the font sizes, it's tricky, so far I tried, the font sizes seems to stay in the same session... gotta try it out.
User avatar
roo7
IT Superman
Posts: 6864
Joined: 10 Apr 2011 22:05
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Forum feedback for admin

Post by roo7 » 20 Apr 2011 08:19

triton wrote:sorry. i am abit lost.

what is the result you trying to achieve with font re-size?
roo7 wrote:
Agreed with expecting the forum users to remove the bbcodes is a hassle. Managed to fix it with a mod.

As for the font sizes, it's tricky, so far I tried, the font sizes seems to stay in the same session... gotta try it out.
The forum has the font size adjustment on the top right corner, I think what watchlooker encountered is, after increasing the size, when he goes into a new page, the setting is gone.

So far for me, when you adjust the font size using the forum setting, it stays.

watchlooker, can you try it out ?
Not as active.
blog: http://jiehong.org/
triton
New member
Posts: 38
Joined: 13 Apr 2011 21:23

Re: Forum feedback for admin

Post by triton » 20 Apr 2011 09:05

ah. ok. i get what you mean now.

as of now, it would be better for those who encounter issues, indicate what browser is being used. also, if cookies is enabled, etc. this would help the administration and/or IT personnel working on it to narrow down the cause.
roo7 wrote:
triton wrote:sorry. i am abit lost.

what is the result you trying to achieve with font re-size?
The forum has the font size adjustment on the top right corner, I think what watchlooker encountered is, after increasing the size, when he goes into a new page, the setting is gone.

So far for me, when you adjust the font size using the forum setting, it stays.

watchlooker, can you try it out ?
User avatar
glenchen68
New member
Posts: 17
Joined: 20 Apr 2011 21:26

Re: Forum feedback for admin

Post by glenchen68 » 24 Apr 2011 11:40

lunarin79 wrote:interface can chage to other colour? :lol:
agree, if CEO is talking about the overall theme of the forum... though white font on black gives max contrast, somehow it's just too gloomy IMO.... but that's just me

glad it's moved to a permanent site, kudos to all who contributed to get this done, excellent effort!
User avatar
glenchen68
New member
Posts: 17
Joined: 20 Apr 2011 21:26

Re: Forum feedback for admin

Post by glenchen68 » 24 Apr 2011 12:00

1 other feedback...

though quote fonts are sized smaller, they are not that visible against replies... a coloured background other than black would be better? either that, or use of quote envelopes?

thanks
User avatar
sellwatch
Senior member
Posts: 2451
Joined: 10 Apr 2011 23:34

Re: Forum feedback for admin

Post by sellwatch » 24 Apr 2011 12:13

Roo, is there a mobile plugin for this forum? Like edmw and sctp has a mobile version and get directed when surfing with a blackberry or iphone.
User avatar
roo7
IT Superman
Posts: 6864
Joined: 10 Apr 2011 22:05
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Forum feedback for admin

Post by roo7 » 24 Apr 2011 13:29

sellwatch wrote:Roo, is there a mobile plugin for this forum? Like edmw and sctp has a mobile version and get directed when surfing with a blackberry or iphone.
Oh, nope but I added Tapatalk function, you can use Tapatalk app to access the forums.

http://www.tapatalk.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not as active.
blog: http://jiehong.org/
User avatar
roo7
IT Superman
Posts: 6864
Joined: 10 Apr 2011 22:05
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Forum feedback for admin

Post by roo7 » 24 Apr 2011 13:58

glenchen68 wrote:
lunarin79 wrote:interface can chage to other colour? :lol:
agree, if CEO is talking about the overall theme of the forum... though white font on black gives max contrast, somehow it's just too gloomy IMO.... but that's just me

glad it's moved to a permanent site, kudos to all who contributed to get this done, excellent effort!
Ah, it was the earlier theme, it's yellow, I prefer bright colors although most of the bright colors theme are not very nice.
glenchen68 wrote:1 other feedback...

though quote fonts are sized smaller, they are not that visible against replies... a coloured background other than black would be better? either that, or use of quote envelopes?

thanks
That will be challenging as it requires editing of the codes. I will see what I can do..
Not as active.
blog: http://jiehong.org/
User avatar
sellwatch
Senior member
Posts: 2451
Joined: 10 Apr 2011 23:34

Re: Forum feedback for admin

Post by sellwatch » 25 Apr 2011 12:10

roo7 wrote:
sellwatch wrote:Roo, is there a mobile plugin for this forum? Like edmw and sctp has a mobile version and get directed when surfing with a blackberry or iphone.
Oh, nope but I added Tapatalk function, you can use Tapatalk app to access the forums.

http://www.tapatalk.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
thanks for for the headsup. I didnt know tapatalk works for blackberry too.
User avatar
ivanswk
New member
Posts: 56
Joined: 10 May 2011 17:31

Re: Forum feedback for admin

Post by ivanswk » 25 May 2011 16:31

stress.. cannot post in buysell and cannot pm other member ..low post count
Post Reply