Anyone heard of this watch maker?

Post by demogoblin » 14 Sep 2014 08:04

Dr George Daniels
http://www.danielslondon.com/

Heard he can make mechanical watches that are more accurate than quartz :o
balzebub71

Re: Anyone heard of this watch maker?

Post by balzebub71 » 14 Sep 2014 09:30

Inventor of co-axial movement..being used in Omega movements since their 2500 calibers. And yup my personal experience with 2500, 8500 and 3203 co-axial calibers, they are really accurate...variance of +0-4s per week or +2-6s per week.

Sent via carrier pigeons
I want to be a one watch guy!!
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 14 Sep 2014 17:32

He's the reason why I buy/trade Omega watches. He's a legend.
Strap Shine by Dicon: Leather Care for Watch Straps. Nourishes | Waterproofs | Cleans
http://www.leather-care.sg/product/stra ... -by-dicon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Contact: hello@jaspe.com.sg
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 14 Sep 2014 18:33

Sadly Omega is under appreciated in Singapore and many people don't believe in the co-axial movement. But I do think they are doing some pretty good stuff and giving 3-4 years warranty is a bonus.
I want to be a one watch guy!!
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 14 Sep 2014 19:56

balzebub71 wrote:Sadly Omega is under appreciated in Singapore and many people don't believe in the co-axial movement. But I do think they are doing some pretty good stuff and giving 3-4 years warranty is a bonus.
can't please everyone, huh? :) 3-4 years warranty? That's great. From omega boutique multi-brand stores as well?
Strap Shine by Dicon: Leather Care for Watch Straps. Nourishes | Waterproofs | Cleans
http://www.leather-care.sg/product/stra ... -by-dicon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Contact: hello@jaspe.com.sg
KKFA

Post by KKFA » 14 Sep 2014 20:50

The warranty is applicable where ever you buy. Brand new of course.
maxxevv

Post by maxxevv » 14 Sep 2014 21:46

Problem is, there aren't that many people who appreciate watches from their technical accomplishments. 90+% of those out there who spend more than $2k on a single watch are talking about "re-sale" value. And its more or less related to 'branding' and how much the pawnshops are willing to shell out for them ... :p
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 14 Sep 2014 21:54

telepgm wrote:
balzebub71 wrote:Sadly Omega is under appreciated in Singapore and many people don't believe in the co-axial movement. But I do think they are doing some pretty good stuff and giving 3-4 years warranty is a bonus.
can't please everyone, huh? :) 3-4 years warranty? That's great. From omega boutique multi-brand stores as well?
Eventually... watches are items of hobbies, no matter what brand it's originated from, or whom the engineering design originate from.
Collectors are made up of different percentage of folks. Some look for long term serviceability. Some look for long term appreciation because of the branding or depending on the niche of the engineering.
So as watchmakers, some percentage prefers to stay with what they know, depending on the complexity and sourcing of the watch parts where applicable, some are adventurous enough to take new challenges. However, eventually the owners are the one who will be biting the bullets... just a matter of how big the "calibres" they willing to take the shot.

The biggest challenge which i see on Omega's co-axial movements, base on the discussions on other forums, is expensive to service, not to forget that the prices of parts and components plays some parts in affecting the sales...

Something for everybody's reference...
http://www.sguscustomerservice.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pricing as @ 2013 in USD.
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...