K2 Thread

General topics regarding watches, accessories or tools
TheChef

Re: K2 Thread

Post by TheChef » 15 Nov 2014 17:58

Superman 5...you either don't mind it or you hate it. I prefer Seiko to drop the Superman logo. 画蛇添足.
"Please touch your own favorite watch with your kind heart and love forever." - Ikuo Tokunaga, Chief Designer of SEIKO Dive Watches and Sports Watches
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 15 Nov 2014 18:11

TheChef wrote:画蛇添足.
Yah lor... sometime i feel that without the logo, even with clean dial, the watch should look good enuff oredi to tell buyers what kind of quality they're getting. Best if bring back under glass laser marked 5-logo.
However, it would look good if...
the 5-logo have wings by the side to represent Aviation theme better... or with Octopus tentacles to present itself as a dive watch that can go into deep depths...
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
Stan80

Post by Stan80 » 15 Nov 2014 21:35

I am wondering if Seiko over the past 2 years has been trying to differentiate Prospex, normal Seikos and Seiko 5.
Last year, Seiko 5 models come with 4r36, while normals Seikos like monster are oso with 4r36.
This year after basel, they are pushing Prospex models with higher calibre movements and models spotted with just Seiko logo and Seiko 5 logo continues their journey with 4r36.
I wonder if there will be further distinction within this 2 range.
I oso dun quite like the superman logo but i am attached to some of their models due to design. Superbly attractive. Lol.
My family, my life, my watches...
Personal favourite: Tudor Classic Moxa
r0_ger

Post by r0_ger » 20 Nov 2014 14:09

Anyone seen a stargate gen 2 at K2 recently?
tekong

Post by tekong » 20 Nov 2014 20:11

Saw a black star gate and the kinetic tuna thingy..
zeiko

Post by zeiko » 21 Nov 2014 10:16

Anyone knows what time k2 opens today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 21 Nov 2014 10:49

zeiko wrote:Anyone knows what time k2 opens today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
go aft 2pm will be safer
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 22 Nov 2014 16:37

Stan80 wrote:I am wondering if Seiko over the past 2 years has been trying to differentiate Prospex, normal Seikos and Seiko 5.
Last year, Seiko 5 models come with 4r36, while normals Seikos like monster are oso with 4r36.
This year after basel, they are pushing Prospex models with higher calibre movements and models spotted with just Seiko logo and Seiko 5 logo continues their journey with 4r36.
I oso dun quite like the superman logo but i am attached to some of their models due to design. Superbly attractive. Lol.
when I saw the green one, I also Boey tah Han. Seiko 5, alas, with the superman logo. But screw it. It's damn nice.Image
Strap Shine by Dicon: Leather Care for Watch Straps. Nourishes | Waterproofs | Cleans
http://www.leather-care.sg/product/stra ... -by-dicon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Contact: hello@jaspe.com.sg
rojakman

Post by rojakman » 22 Nov 2014 16:53

telepgm wrote:
Stan80 wrote:I am wondering if Seiko over the past 2 years has been trying to differentiate Prospex, normal Seikos and Seiko 5.
when I saw the green one, I also Boey tah Han. Seiko 5, alas, with the superman logo. But screw it. It's damn nice.Image
Strap is nice... where did you get the strap?
Using Tapatalk
ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 22 Nov 2014 16:53

telepgm wrote:
Swee.
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 22 Nov 2014 17:28

rojakman wrote:
telepgm wrote:when I saw the green one, I also Boey tah Han. Seiko 5, alas, with the superman logo. But screw it. It's damn nice.Image
Strap is nice... where did you get the strap?
fossil. :) wrote a review on the strap. Check it out in the forum.
Strap Shine by Dicon: Leather Care for Watch Straps. Nourishes | Waterproofs | Cleans
http://www.leather-care.sg/product/stra ... -by-dicon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Contact: hello@jaspe.com.sg
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 22 Nov 2014 17:29

ivan wrote:
telepgm wrote:when I saw the green one, I also Boey tah Han. Seiko 5, alas, with the superman logo. But screw it. It's damn nice.Image
Swee.
thanks, Ivan. Receiving compliments from a 元老 (venerable veteran) like you means a lot.
ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 23 Nov 2014 10:13

telepgm wrote:
ivan wrote: Swee.
thanks, Ivan. Receiving compliments from a 元老 (venerable veteran) like you means a lot.
O.O
tekong

Post by tekong » 24 Nov 2014 18:41

Another small mod. Feels that this looks better
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 24 Nov 2014 18:46

telepgm wrote:
rojakman wrote: Strap is nice... where did you get the strap?
fossil. :) wrote a review on the strap. Check it out in the forum.
The strap looks some kind of familiar... saw one closely alike during my Saturday visit... on another guys wrist which he pairs it with a Steinhart dial "A" Flieger, and he claims his is gotten thru ebay purchase from another seller from HK.
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 24 Nov 2014 22:30

Ed.YEO wrote:
telepgm wrote:fossil. :) wrote a review on the strap. Check it out in the forum.
The strap looks some kind of familiar... saw one closely alike during my Saturday visit... on another guys wrist which he pairs it with a Steinhart dial "A" Flieger, and he claims his is gotten thru ebay purchase from another seller from HK.
maybe he bought the strap in fossil Hong Kong. Haha. :)
midnightrambler
Freshies

Post by midnightrambler » 28 Nov 2014 00:17

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and please forgive me and remove this if this is not posted at the right section.

I understand that K2 is one of the main go-to places for watch tinkering and what not.
I would like to clarify with fellow forum members here if K2 has done or is able to do a routine watch servicing and as well as a water resistance check.
The watch model in question is a vintage 6309 and a 6306.
I have dropped a mail and inquired at Seiko SG @ Thongsia and the response given is that the watch parts have discontinued 15 years ago and they are unable to perform the service.

- how much and how long would it take for such a service rendered at K2?
- any forum members have any good leads/experiences with any other shops etc to recommend me to send my watch to?

Thank you all in advance!
TheChef

Post by TheChef » 28 Nov 2014 08:43

K2 still services 6309 and 6306 diver watches. I sent my 6309 for servicing and Mr Goh did a great job.
"Please touch your own favorite watch with your kind heart and love forever." - Ikuo Tokunaga, Chief Designer of SEIKO Dive Watches and Sports Watches
tekong

Post by tekong » 28 Nov 2014 17:49

Someone just drop his 6306 for service at k2 today. That u?
midnightrambler
Freshies

Post by midnightrambler » 28 Nov 2014 18:37

@TheChef
How long did the whole process take and how much did it cost if u could be so kind to provide me with the details that would be great.

Also, does he provide water resistance test?
Thanks so much in advance man!

@tekong
No man. Haven went down yet. Seeking some clarifications from members here first.