Where to buy Loctite and which version?

General topics regarding watches, accessories or tools
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 11 May 2015 12:51

Was wearing my Ocean 1 today and the bracelet just fell apart. Luckily i was sitting at my desk and it just dropped on my desk. Read about it in WUS but never imagined it would happen to me :(

Wear do i buy Loctite? Can i just get it from any hardware store like Homefix? And which model should i get?
Ed.YEO

Re: Where to buy Loctite and which version?

Post by Ed.YEO » 11 May 2015 13:05

... A cheap but efficient substitute to Loctite thread-lock is nail varnish. ...
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f275/brace ... 66862.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 11 May 2015 15:32

Ed.YEO wrote:
... A cheap but efficient substitute to Loctite thread-lock is nail varnish. ...
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f275/brace ... 66862.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lol tks. I don't mind paying for loctite. Don't think it's too expensive? I can't imagine if drop on the floor :( do you know the correct version to buy?
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 11 May 2015 16:07

I have not experience bracelet screw loose yet... hence i couldn't suggest any superglue of any strength.
But reference to the thread... it's best to use those light duty ones... so that it can be easy removed when needed in the later days.

This type seems to be "light" enough. Will loosen when contacted with heat.

Or as suggested, use the clear nail polish ba...
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
Evirobie

Post by Evirobie » 11 May 2015 17:37

I saw loctite at the diy shop at b1 of NEX before. $16++ for one small bottle. A bit the ex I tot.
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 11 May 2015 19:51

Ed.YEO wrote:I have not experience bracelet screw loose yet... hence i couldn't suggest any superglue of any strength.
But reference to the thread... it's best to use those light duty ones... so that it can be easy removed when needed in the later days.

This type seems to be "light" enough. Will loosen when contacted with heat.

Or as suggested, use the clear nail polish ba...
Evirobie wrote:I saw loctite at the diy shop at b1 of NEX before. $16++ for one small bottle. A bit the ex I tot.
ya. 16$ bought from homefix. They only had 1 bottle in this shop anyway It's model 243. It says medium strength. Will do another check online to see if it's too strong before i use it :)
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 11 May 2015 21:42

Ok. So i,ve applied loctite to all the screw links on my 5 steinharts still on bracelet. I would urge owners for ocean 1s,ocean 2s and gmts to check all their screw links. I only had 2 or 3, out of almost 30 that were snug. A lot of them were just fitted and unscrewed with little effort, definitely not snug enough to last a lifetime :) the worst thing is, the 1 that came apart was the link next to the endlink, which is never used for resizing!!

and ed, i would recommend you to check your racetimer as well, i think there was a case on wus someone,s racetimer bracelet came apart as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 11 May 2015 21:53

Thx. I had done that Immediately as soon as I had received the shipment then.
Was so worried that I get the same sour one like others...
Bohbian la... when production volumes get higher, tendencies of miss in QC gets higher easily...
maxxevv

Post by maxxevv » 13 May 2015 13:03

You just need a very thin layer. Be it Loctite or Uhu glue or nail polish.
Applying extra won't help in adding strength to the bond and only makes things a little messy in the end too.
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 13 May 2015 17:31

maxxevv wrote:You just need a very thin layer. Be it Loctite or Uhu glue or nail polish.
Applying extra won't help in adding strength to the bond and only makes things a little messy in the end too.
yeap tks. I wiped off excess with a tissue before i screwed it in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD