Poor man Isofrane - Borealis

General topics regarding watches, accessories or tools
doinkydoink

Poor man Isofrane - Borealis

Post by doinkydoink » 31 Mar 2016 21:37

Was not keen to pay US10 shipping for a $15 strap. But with the recent Easter promo discount of 15%, I decided to order two pair which effectively means I pay less than $18 for each.

Shipment transit time was 11 days from shipment notification which is faster than what I expected.

No vanilla smell, fraction of the price in comparison to the highly regarded Isofrane.

The best part... fit my 6.5 wrist!

Very please with my purchase and with hind sight should have ordered another 2 pairs since shipment cost is fixed.

Looking forward for Borealis to offer other lug width and colors.

Highly recommended and I feel good value for money. Anyway..GPGT

Sorry for the typos..am using auto correction.
tzachi

Re: Poor man Isofrane - Borealis

Post by tzachi » 01 Apr 2016 09:25

looks nice!
few q if I may ask:

how is the feel? stiff rubber? soft?
how easy its the "curve" around the wrist? do you feel it "sits" tight and correct so watch won't move even if not strap tight or is it stiff (like old plastic strap) and kind of sit round around the wrist?
doinkydoink

Post by doinkydoink » 01 Apr 2016 15:03

I don't have a iso now to compare. I do have a 24mm rubber strap from Maranez and the Borealis is much softer as compare.
I will say Borealis softness is closer to Iso and curve better than Maranez strap.

Not sure if the weight/height of the watch plays a part in the sitting tight. I can only say with my Baltic Shield watch, the watch head is not running around and the strap is not wrapping around the wrist too tight.

I flipped 2 pair of isofrane before but this one is a keeper.
doinkydoink

Post by doinkydoink » 01 Apr 2016 16:42

Switch to a 6309 mod. Still sitting comfy on wrist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk