Why Citizen watch is not popular among collectors??

General topics regarding watches, accessories or tools
silverguy

Post by silverguy » 06 Nov 2011 12:42

Hi all

Just curious why Citizen watch is not popular among collectors??? Their designs and make are rather similar to seiko's but I do not dare to say about the movement though...:)

Cheers
lunarin79
CEO

Re: Why Citizen watch is not popular among collectors??

Post by lunarin79 » 06 Nov 2011 14:00

my opinions

i tink when people talks about Citizen, 1st thing that comes to mind is their Eco-Drive, which are a quartz technology. I have this same mindset when my friends asked me about Citizen models.

As for their automatic models, it's like a 7S movt & it stays there, without any more options of higher grade movt. I know they are coming out with their new movt soon, I'm looking forward to check it out. Unlike Seiko, 7S, 4R, 6R. 3 different types of movt for different purposes & functions.

I think not many people are into quartz collection either, only a handful. For me, I dun mind getting a quartz & Citizen does have nice models like the cal.9000 minute repeaters, cal.2100, cal.3100 worldtime perpetual calender.

I realised that even for their vintage auto chronos like Citizen Bullheads & some other cal.8110 models, their reset is a bit sluggish as compares to Seiko vintage auto chronos & the case sizes are definitely much smaller than seikos so it's not really my cup of tea.

Ultimately, I buy what I like, I have an incoming quartz chronograph, from the 90s & it was love at 1st sight when I saw it. Now I'm just waiting for the actual watch to reach me but I think I will not be disappointed ba :twisted:

in fact, i dun mind adding this beauty into my collection too :lol:

Seiko Club Gathering 2016
CoolieND

Post by CoolieND » 06 Nov 2011 14:30

Don't forget the new "The Citizen" which they released last year! Full Auto, competes w the Grand Seiko's!

Though, I do think it's a part the Eco-drive tech. Not as appealing to most, though some models are nice (like the e210 movement ones and the Signature line), I just think people don't get into them as much.

Though, it's also on the designs; nothing's jumped at me like the Monster / Knights / Seiko Sinn / Tuna, etc. Seiko's done a really good job of covering all bases, from low-end, usuable watches to higher-end ones, quartz and auto, and diver, dress, or otherwise.You can start w/ a Monster, and work your way all the way up to a Grand Seiko!

I own... 3, I think - the E210, the Zilla, and the PMX56 Air diver. I'll maybe pick up a nighthawk, and a Citizen Signature at some point in time, but nothing really appeals to me further than those.
ruzmidah

Post by ruzmidah » 06 Nov 2011 14:32

BTW. there is a flagship Citizen boutique in Marina Bay Shopping centre. All the way down.

They got sell Campanolas there... super nice
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 06 Nov 2011 14:33

CoolieND wrote:Don't forget the new "The Citizen" which they released last year! Full Auto, competes w the Grand Seiko's!

Though, I do think it's a part the Eco-drive tech. Not as appealing to most, though some models are nice (like the e210 movement ones and the Signature line), I just think people don't get into them as much.

Though, it's also on the designs; nothing's jumped at me like the Monster / Knights / Seiko Sinn / Tuna, etc. Seiko's done a really good job of covering all bases, from low-end, usuable watches to higher-end ones, quartz and auto, and diver, dress, or otherwise.You can start w/ a Monster, and work your way all the way up to a Grand Seiko!

I own... 3, I think - the E210, the Zilla, and the PMX56 Air diver. I'll maybe pick up a nighthawk, and a Citizen Signature at some point in time, but nothing really appeals to me further than those.
Campanolas are nice but pricewise, i couldn't swallow that :lol:
silverguy

Post by silverguy » 06 Nov 2011 22:03

lunarin79 wrote:my opinions

i tink when people talks about Citizen, 1st thing that comes to mind is their Eco-Drive, which are a quartz technology. I have this same mindset when my friends asked me about Citizen models.

As for their automatic models, it's like a 7S movt & it stays there, without any more options of higher grade movt. I know they are coming out with their new movt soon, I'm looking forward to check it out. Unlike Seiko, 7S, 4R, 6R. 3 different types of movt for different purposes & functions.

I think not many people are into quartz collection either, only a handful. For me, I dun mind getting a quartz & Citizen does have nice models like the cal.9000 minute repeaters, cal.2100, cal.3100 worldtime perpetual calender.

I realised that even for their vintage auto chronos like Citizen Bullheads & some other cal.8110 models, their reset is a bit sluggish as compares to Seiko vintage auto chronos & the case sizes are definitely much smaller than seikos so it's not really my cup of tea.

Ultimately, I buy what I like, I have an incoming quartz chronograph, from the 90s & it was love at 1st sight when I saw it. Now I'm just waiting for the actual watch to reach me but I think I will not be disappointed ba :twisted:

in fact, i dun mind adding this beauty into my collection too :lol:

wow....nice one. Recently, I just got one from ebay and I just have special feel with that watch.....I just wonder...:)
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 06 Nov 2011 22:46

silverguy wrote:
wow....nice one. Recently, I just got one from ebay and I just have special feel with that watch.....I just wonder...:)
just follow wat u like then, there are hardcore orirnt followers here im this forum too :D
watchlooker

Post by watchlooker » 06 Nov 2011 22:58

I have no more orient watch liaoz..... and no more citizen watch too.... all seiko.... so can consider seiko hardcore.... :lol: :lol:
herzausstahl

Post by herzausstahl » 06 Nov 2011 23:08

My favourite citizen :) big and burly, wear liao feels very manly :lol: :lol: :lol:

My other citizen, also a huge piece, very nice old-school feel.

And I think this qualifies as powered by Citizen :lol:

lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 06 Nov 2011 23:21

used to own these

vintage digital minute repeater(gave away to a fren)

cal.9000 minute repeater(sold to a good bro)

1st Gen PVD Aqualand(sold to a good bro)

cal.8110(?) auto chrono(gave away to a fren)

citizen independent jump hour(sold to a good bro)

citizen diver(sold to manyzer)

citizen bullhead(sold)

citizen NY diver(sold to a good bro)

citizen Nighthawk & citizen twindate(sold to a good sista)

;)

now no more citizen oso but got one incoming, will see how it goes :lol:
silverguy

Post by silverguy » 06 Nov 2011 23:38

wah..sibey awesome......:) I am curious about the watch that CEO is waiting...:)
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 06 Nov 2011 23:42

silverguy wrote:wah..sibey awesome......:) I am curious about the watch that CEO is waiting...:)
post before liao ar :lol:

http://forums.seikoclubsg.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1402" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
silverguy

Post by silverguy » 07 Nov 2011 12:19

lunarin79 wrote:
silverguy wrote:wah..sibey awesome......:) I am curious about the watch that CEO is waiting...:)
post before liao ar :lol:

http://forums.seikoclubsg.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1402" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pai seh.....I tot is new hoot....so many threads become so confused.... :lol:
silverguy

Post by silverguy » 07 Nov 2011 12:21

Any information about my watch?? It seem I cannot find good information about this.....

lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 07 Nov 2011 13:06

silverguy wrote: pai seh.....I tot is new hoot....so many threads become so confused.... :lol:

ya, new incoming hoot mah, lol
big-e-294

Post by big-e-294 » 10 Nov 2011 10:09

lunarin79 wrote: citizen Nighthawk & citizen twindate(sold to a good sista)
this nighthawk still gets me wet... :twisted:

this was my only citizen - eco drive, great lume, promaster, 200WR screwdown crown, 40mm... but 21mm lugs

drew72

Post by drew72 » 10 Nov 2011 12:13

big-e-294 wrote:
lunarin79 wrote: citizen Nighthawk & citizen twindate(sold to a good sista)
this nighthawk still gets me wet... :twisted:

this was my only citizen - eco drive, great lume, promaster, 200WR screwdown crown, 40mm... but 21mm lugs

Bro can you tell me the model number for this promaster pls ?? Tks
herzausstahl

Post by herzausstahl » 10 Nov 2011 13:21

Drew bro, mustafa new side have. Enter from the rear sliding door, immediately turn right. I can't remember the price though :p
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 10 Nov 2011 13:25

herzausstahl wrote:Drew bro, mustafa new side have. Enter from the rear sliding door, immediately turn right. I can't remember the price though :p
i tot this is not an Asian model?

:?:
oOsiMm

Post by oOsiMm » 10 Nov 2011 13:27

Citizen also have lotsa variety lar.. esp the various generations of aqualands,digital chronos,modern and vintage 82xx cal handwindable divers and not forget 800m,1300m divers.