So, from your generous help :D , I have learnt from u guys how to
1. open and lock the caseback
2. remove and renistall the crown
3. remove and reinstall the bezel
4. remove and reinsall the bezel insert

now I need to leran how to lift and set the hands. But, first I need to buy a
a) tool to lift hand
b) tool to set hand

May I know where I can get them locally? what is the preferred make/brand, size (if they come in various sizes) and the est. cost $.

TIA :)
oOsiMm

Re: simple DIY watch disassembly/reassembly - help needed

Post by oOsiMm » 15 Nov 2011 21:44

bro for a full array of watch tools from cheap china made to swiss to expensive swiss tools(even rolex tools)...go to katena at 2nd floor .rochor center.

they are wholesaler and selling watch parts from omega,any other swiss,paros straps,other straps ,bracelets,rolex parts too...

*last time got one guy bought a NOS blancpain dial from them at very low price when they clearing old shelves.. inside lotsa treasures one..
scs120

Post by scs120 » 15 Nov 2011 22:19

Thank you Osim. Will they be able to advise me on the right size of the tools if i tell them i wanna lift/set seiko hands ? fixed- price items ? :)
oOsiMm

Post by oOsiMm » 15 Nov 2011 22:24

yes bro...the ppl there are pro...more knowledge than many bros here lor... watchmakers go to them for parts that they dont have,include watch NOS or vintage parts..

fixed price there..

*located at a corner of 2nd floor,aircorned shop and beside a staircase next to a 'sell eveything shop with bright white lights' at level 1(machiam CK shop in chinatown).
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 15 Nov 2011 22:50

Address and contacts: http://forums.seikoclubsg.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=161" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:)
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
oOsiMm

Post by oOsiMm » 15 Nov 2011 22:54

oh ya remember they are relax ppl hor(tea break,smoke break,talk cock etc)...so must have patience... else u go da bao teh tarik and prata for them? (joking...... they nice ppl lar)
scs120

Post by scs120 » 15 Nov 2011 22:59

Thank you Osim and roo. I need that working hours of theirs. I think I bought my spring bar removal tool there. not very sure. The shop is run by an Indian/mama right ?
oOsiMm

Post by oOsiMm » 15 Nov 2011 23:19

ya ...indian bros...and uncle...

last 2nd time I went there was some time ago but the friendly uncle wore a mint speedmaster 861 and say he looking to sell and give me hands on... (cos i wore my speedy pro mark 2 there mah)
ivan
HULK

simple DIY watch disassembly/reassembly - help needed

Post by ivan » 15 Nov 2011 23:31

I can't help but feel that those who spent time to DIY their watches r those who r passionate of their watches.

I think bros here r very imaginative too. Saw the mods, sometimes jaws also opened wide wide.....

Will I do it.... I dunno leh, butter fingers, careless and impatience really make me not the beat person to DIY.

Way to go bros!!!!!
:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oOsiMm

Post by oOsiMm » 15 Nov 2011 23:34

if ur interested to get hands on ,be it touch up,repair,mod your watch,go for it lor.. get those cheaper watch and tools to start first..in one way you learn more about your watches too.. also can divert attention n spend more time on a 'project' than constant hooting...
ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 15 Nov 2011 23:41

oOsiMm wrote:if ur interested to get hands on ,be it touch up,repair,mod your watch,go for it lor.. get those cheaper watch and tools to start first..in one way you learn more about your watches too.. also can divert attention n spend more time on a 'project' than constant hooting...
Agreed!
I was kind of grounded due to my new born. In a way, i am taking a break from my sports. I am a professional sportsman. Thus, I got into watches. I believe once he is older, I will be back to my sports!

Furthermore, my attention span is very short. I kinda of enjoy u guys creation but, to do it myself is a different story. :)

Thanks!
And oh ya, I still love the watch u sold me. It had been worn more times than any of my other watches. Love love love the strap u changed.

Thanks!

oOsiMm

Post by oOsiMm » 15 Nov 2011 23:45

ivan wrote:
oOsiMm wrote:if ur interested to get hands on ,be it touch up,repair,mod your watch,go for it lor.. get those cheaper watch and tools to start first..in one way you learn more about your watches too.. also can divert attention n spend more time on a 'project' than constant hooting...
Agreed!
I was kind of grounded due to my new born. In a way, i am taking a break from my sports. I am a professional sportsman. Thus, I got into watches. I believe once he is older, I will be back to my sports!

Furthermore, my attention span is very short. I kinda of enjoy u guys creation but, to do it myself is a different story. :)

Thanks!
And oh ya, I still love the watch u sold me. It had been worn more times than any of my other watches. Love love love the strap u changed.

no problem la bro... anyway once a while also need break and watch collecting also one kinda knowledge,not neccesary need to own lotsa them. :)
ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 15 Nov 2011 23:53

oOsiMm wrote:
ivan wrote:
Agreed!

Thanks!

no problem la bro... anyway once a while also need break and watch collecting also one kinda knowledge,not neccesary need to own lotsa them. :)
Thanks! Will remember ur words.
So, got any projects to share? :)

fireal

Post by fireal » 16 Nov 2011 09:28

:D glad to see more ppl into watchmaking
get the official disassembly guide for the movement and work step by step from there, thats how i started out anyway , most important , be patient , if stuck dont bull you way through , just stop and get help

if not you will end up destroying pieces like what i did in my earlier days
Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't
own it, but you can use it. You can't keep
it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it
you can never get it back.
sellwatch

Post by sellwatch » 16 Nov 2011 10:01

I'm into watching making too and i think destroying a few is part of learning. :lol:

From pressing crystals retaining rings using table edge, yanking hands out with a fork (broke the pinion) to dropping tiny screws on the floor, i guess i've done it.

Here's what i did when i was bored that day. I printed a 6309 guide and dismantled it from step 1-50 plus and number each part on the ziplock bag. Now i'm putting it back from step 50plus. Stuck at step 40plus and I wana give up liao. :lol: :lol:

fireal

Post by fireal » 16 Nov 2011 11:14

yah haha must be well organised , i put them in those little pill boxes haha
Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't
own it, but you can use it. You can't keep
it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it
you can never get it back.
ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 16 Nov 2011 11:44

Power!
Now, if only my sons r asleep when I start. Ha ha

scs120

Post by scs120 » 16 Nov 2011 12:38

fireal wrote::D glad to see more ppl into watchmaking
get the official disassembly guide for the movement and work step by step from there, thats how i started out anyway , most important , be patient , if stuck dont bull you way through , just stop and get help

i googled 'official disassembly guide for watch movement ' some interesting links came out. i think this is useful.

any good link for a complete beginner? thanks.

sellwatch, your components with lines linking them remind me of my fortran charts many many moons ago :lol: :lol: :lol: , i dont see any 'goto' lines, good for you :lol: :lol:
big-e-294

Post by big-e-294 » 16 Nov 2011 12:48

scs120 wrote:
fireal wrote::D glad to see more ppl into watchmaking

i googled 'official disassembly guide for watch movement ' some interesting links came out. i think this is useful.

sellwatch, your components with lines linking them remind me of my fortran charts many many moons ago :lol: :lol: :lol: , i dont see any 'goto' lines, good for you :lol: :lol:
I think i have posted this DIY guide a couple times before.
anyway, here is it again:
http://www.pmwf.com/Watches/WatchSchool ... 20movt.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How to remove / replace hands & dials:
http://www.pmwf.com/Watches/WatchSchool ... 0hands.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rather detailed. take your time reading - very helpful for beginners. 8-)
ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 16 Nov 2011 12:50

big-e-294 wrote:
scs120 wrote:

I think i have posted this DIY guide a couple times before.
anyway, here is it again:
http://www.pmwf.com/Watches/WatchSchool ... 20movt.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How to remove / replace hands & dials:
http://www.pmwf.com/Watches/WatchSchool ... 0hands.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rather detailed. take your time reading - very helpful for beginners. 8-)
Very useful!
Thanks ben!