simple DIY watch disassembly/reassembly - help needed

General topics regarding watches, accessories or tools
scs120

Re: simple DIY watch disassembly/reassembly - help needed

Post by scs120 » 16 Nov 2011 13:01

Thanks Big-e.
Damn is there a DIY sticky in scs that i dont know about? pai seh pai seh. :oops: will search our own scs :)
big-e-294

Post by big-e-294 » 16 Nov 2011 13:13

scs120 wrote:Thanks Big-e.
Damn is there a DIY sticky in scs that i dont know about? pai seh pai seh. :oops: will search our own scs :)
I manage to find it.
Roo moderator shifted it here:
http://forums.seikoclubsg.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=179" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have fun modding!! :D
sellwatch

Post by sellwatch » 16 Nov 2011 13:54

scs120 wrote: sellwatch, your components with lines linking them remind me of my fortran charts many many moons ago :lol: :lol: :lol: , i dont see any 'goto' lines, good for you :lol: :lol:
I anyhow humtum one... :lol:
herzausstahl

Post by herzausstahl » 16 Nov 2011 14:47

scs120 wrote: sellwatch, your components with lines linking them remind me of my fortran charts many many moons ago :lol: :lol: :lol: , i dont see any 'goto' lines, good for you :lol: :lol:
wow fortran :shock: very long never hear liao.
oOsiMm

Post by oOsiMm » 17 Nov 2011 20:00

This is what i hooted today after a visit to katena @ Rochor. went there since on way back home and not far from MRT.
Got a bergeon tool with 3 spare tips,a 2 prong case opener(should have better grip than that in the china/taiwan made 16 pcs tool),5 pieces screwdriver.

saw polywatch polish @ 8 bucks,cape polishing cloth at 18 ?
and saw a few watchcollectors there also looking for parts.

Omega dynamic (oval shape) leather strap selling ard 30 bucks.
watch hands remover @ 70 bucks

All tools I see are mostly swiss made. China/Taiwan 16pcs tool set no more stock.
scs120

Post by scs120 » 17 Nov 2011 20:59

ya Osim, I bought the exact same bergeon tool a few months back from there, but i didnt buy any extra tips. :)
looks like the case opener can be easily and firmly held in the palm.
Probably will go down there this weekend.
thanks for the visual. :D
oOsiMm

Post by oOsiMm » 17 Nov 2011 21:18

scs120 wrote:ya Osim, I bought the exact same bergeon tool a few months back from there, but i didnt buy any extra tips. :)
looks like the case opener can be easily and firmly held in the palm.
Probably will go down there this weekend.
thanks for the visual. :D
I have 3 prong opener and another 2 prong(with handle like a can opener :lol: ),this small rectangular one is more ergonomical and easy to use. Just tried it on a hard to open caseback,no slippage . cost me 25 bucks... got slightly cheaper one..

*extra tips is 2-3 bucks each nia... got 2 size for Y-tip. (pin tip is standard size)
phantom150

Post by phantom150 » 17 Nov 2011 21:19

oOsiMm wrote:Image

This is what i hooted today after a visit to katena @ Rochor. went there since on way back home and not far from MRT.
Got a bergeon tool with 3 spare tips,a 2 prong case opener(should have better grip than that in the china/taiwan made 16 pcs tool),5 pieces screwdriver.

saw polywatch polish @ 8 bucks,cape polishing cloth at 18 ?
and saw a few watchcollectors there also looking for parts.

Omega dynamic (oval shape) leather strap selling ard 30 bucks.
watch hands remover @ 70 bucks

All tools I see are mostly swiss made. China/Taiwan 16pcs tool set no more stock.
2 prong case opener looks good.

whats the white thing on top of the screwdriver set??

can share how much they sell the case opener , retail price??
Looking for m/c ebc brake pads and k&n air filter, PM me.
oOsiMm

Post by oOsiMm » 17 Nov 2011 21:27

case opener I saw 2 variety hanging along thes shop floor racks...mine cost 25 sgd,another one is slightly cheaper.. but they have espensive one from bergeon or other higher end brand ..

that small tube is extra tips for the set of screwdriver so if need replacement,I just change the tips only instead of whole screwdriver. Its secured by small screw at the tip of the screwdriver .35 sgd for this set.

bergeon is 22 sgd,each extra tip is 2-3 bucks.

they have all these small parts for your screwdrivers or bergeon so next time just buy those cheap tips replacement can riao.
scs120

Post by scs120 » 22 Nov 2011 22:17

just bought a bergeon presto hands lifter from khatena (paid $55.00, tag said $60.00, so there was some discount :D )

I lined up the hands and lifted the 3 hands in one go. Now got problem removing the dial because i dont know how my dial is attached to its movement. Internet search shows 4 general ways a dial can be attached to its movement:
1. sliding lever (mainly eta)
2. notch on screw lock against the dial feet.
3. pins go through dial feet
4. only friction (mainly quartz)
5. double sided tape or super-glue (cheap movement)

now my movement is an unmarked, backlane-movement, so probably no.5 above; but how do i find out exactly how the dial is attached to its movement ? help, anybody :)

btw this pwmf from our DIY sticky returned blank page. must one be a pwmf member to read their stuff ?
oOsiMm

Post by oOsiMm » 22 Nov 2011 23:12

the pmwf resources no need member to read one mah... u looking for the "how to remove hands n dial?''

http://www.pmwf.com/Watches/WatchSchool ... 0hands.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

see side of movt got any retaining screw or anything that holds the movement or not lor.. use loupe see see and use small knife pry pry...
scs120

Post by scs120 » 22 Nov 2011 23:42

thanks Osim, your link works but not the one via our DIY sticky.

I was actually earlier on on that page and followed its instruction to remove the hands.

Looks like poke-poke here and poke-poke there trial-and error is the way to go then to remove the dial. :twisted: :lol:
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 23 Nov 2011 07:41

Yah I just realised, the copy and paste of the links somehow wasn't complete.. gotta redo that..
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
oOsiMm

Post by oOsiMm » 23 Nov 2011 07:44

scs120 wrote:thanks Osim, your link works but not the one via our DIY sticky.

I was actually earlier on on that page and followed its instruction to remove the hands.

Looks like poke-poke here and poke-poke there trial-and error is the way to go then to remove the dial. :twisted: :lol:
Ya even for watchmaker also trial n error one mah...need to poke ,pry,peep a bit here n there see gt tell tale sign like screws,dial legs or nt...do gentlely wouldn't break anything...
scs120

Post by scs120 » 23 Nov 2011 12:50

after poking here and there, managed to remove the dial, day and date wheels.. gpgt :lol:

will start the reassembly soon, thinking of getting a movement holder and a case holder and a real black monster (or any of its color variants) seiko as the next project watch. Monster because :
1. i dont have one yet, and
2. there is a good 7s26 tutorial here.

will put up a wanna buy thread in buy/sell section :)