Positiong of Diver Extension

General topics regarding watches, accessories or tools
star77

Post by star77 » 27 Nov 2011 10:54

Hi Seniors, not sure if this is the right section to post.
But will like to ask where do you guys position the diver extension portion on your wrist / what is the right positioning?
I am feeling the 'dig' from the extension after a couple hrs and it's quite irritating.
Pic below showing where my diver extension is.

roo7
IT Superman

Re: Positiong of Diver Extension

Post by roo7 » 27 Nov 2011 10:56

Ah, I had the same problem with my Seiko Stargate, no matter how I size and adjust the clasp, it always digs in.

I gave up and change to a clasp with no extension.
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
star77

Post by star77 » 27 Nov 2011 11:00

roo7 wrote:Ah, I had the same problem with my Seiko Stargate, no matter how I size and adjust the clasp, it always digs in.

any idea if my current positioning is supposely the 'correct' position?
i'm thinking if I should adjust the diver extention portion to be flat below the wrist portion instead. not sure if it's gonna help.

Do i need a proper resizing tool kit to remove the pin and adjust the band? I dun have any at home now, dunno what tool I can use :o
star77

Post by star77 » 27 Nov 2011 11:00

roo7 wrote:Ah, I had the same problem with my Seiko Stargate, no matter how I size and adjust the clasp, it always digs in.

oh roo, btw, care to share where i can get the clasp change and how much roughly?
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 27 Nov 2011 11:49

I think the correct position will be the most comfortable one I guess.

Usually I prefer the clasp to be flat at the bottom of the wrist but some of the extension is so long that it digs to the side.

As for the clasp, you can try Thong Sia. I don't know what's the cost as I had a spare one to switch but it should not cost a lot.

Sent from my iPhone
Not as active.
star77

Post by star77 » 27 Nov 2011 13:47

roo7 wrote:I think the correct position will be the most comfortable one I guess.

Usually I prefer the clasp to be flat at the bottom of the wrist but some of the extension is so long that it digs to the side.

As for the clasp, you can try Thong Sia. I don't know what's the cost as I had a spare one to switch but it should not cost a lot.

Sent from my iPhone
Know anywhere else beside Thong Sia that sell the clasp?
As weekday office hr quite hard for me to go down...
kermit e froggy

Post by kermit e froggy » 27 Nov 2011 13:51

Bro. star,No need to remove the extension clasp. I've tried many times n the best posn is to posn the extension clasp near to e centre of the wrist.
big-e-294

Post by big-e-294 » 27 Nov 2011 14:37

star77 wrote:
roo7 wrote:I think the correct position will be the most comfortable one I guess.

Sent from my iPhone
Know anywhere else beside Thong Sia that sell the clasp?
As weekday office hr quite hard for me to go down...
20mm Seiko clasps without diver extension is about sgd25+
Part number is: 3309JG-BK
Best to call to see if the hv in stock.
Thong Sia also open sat morning.
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 27 Nov 2011 16:10

kermit e froggy wrote:Bro. star,No need to remove the extension clasp. I've tried many times n the best posn is to posn the extension clasp near to e centre of the wrist.
When I position the clasp to the center, the extension digs at the side as the extension is protrudes out...

The clasp on the left is the original Seiko Stargate, I swap it over as my wife didn't have any issue with it, so I took the anvil clasp. :lol:
Not as active.
kermit e froggy

Post by kermit e froggy » 27 Nov 2011 16:40

Bro Roo, u should try to posn the dive extension near to the centre of the wrist. Not the clasp. Most of us r quite anal abt the posn of e clasp n tend to posn the clasp w the flip lock at the centre of the wrist. That makes the dive extension to be on the side of the wrist where some of us do not ve enough flesh for the extension to rest on. U try again n c how it goes and I use to ve the same prob like u guys here who mentioned.

Under my own experiment for bracelet comfort, I tried playing w the links on both side of the bracelet n the 4 holes on e SRP043's clasp. Finally I found e most comfortable posn when the clasp is slightly away frm the centre of the wrist. I did try wearin my Seiko SRP043 for 24hrs, then follow by SKX011, Sawtooth N Monster. The most comfortable bracelet w dive extension has to be the one on Sawtooth n Monster 2nd. SKX011 is not counted ,as it came on presidential bracelet w/o dive extension. I've attached w pictures and sorry abt the lighting. Pls :arrow: TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK n I am not responsible for your discomfort and injury incurred under my recommendations. My posts mentioned, r carried out for my ownself only.

1st pic shows how the dive extension conformed to my wrist shape n size.
2nd pic shows the compression prints left on the wrist after wearing for some hrs especially it is now late noon where my wrist had expanded more. It's not so uncomfortable as previously ,when the dive extension sits on the side of my wrist. "Ouch" It hurts n I was wondering why Seiko Engineers thought of doing such a marvellous design but hurts :lol:
Seiko should ve include a warning for all users if discomfort persist, pls stop wearing your watch and buy another new Seiko ...

Hope the new posn of the clasp off centre w dive extension near center of wrist helps to prevent discomfort for some of the SC bros here. Happy :mrgreen:
roo7 wrote:
kermit e froggy wrote:Bro. star,No need to remove the extension clasp. I've tried many times n the best posn is to posn the extension clasp near to e centre of the wrist.
Last edited by kermit e froggy on 27 Nov 2011 18:19, edited 10 times in total.
Osc13

Post by Osc13 » 27 Nov 2011 16:42

You know how you always try to place the clasp in the centre ? Try treating the clasp AND the extension as a whole, then get your centre.. Hope it helps, let us know how it goes :)
kermit e froggy

Post by kermit e froggy » 27 Nov 2011 16:48

+1, ;) Well said... That is to say we bluff ourselves by taking the clasp + e dive extension as a whole .
Osc13 wrote:You know how you always try to place the clasp in the centre ? Try treating the clasp AND the extension as a whole, then get your centre.. Hope it helps, let us know how it goes :)
star77

Post by star77 » 27 Nov 2011 16:55

Hi everyone, Thanks for all the replies and advise.
I probably need to try out.
Where can I get proper tools to resize the bracelet on my own?

Btw, together with the extra link that was returned to me, there's 2 very small hollow metal rod bout 1/4 size of the pin connector length. Not sure what it is. Anyone know? Will try take a pic and post later.
kermit e froggy

Post by kermit e froggy » 27 Nov 2011 18:09

Updated my post w pictures '
herzausstahl

Post by herzausstahl » 27 Nov 2011 18:38

For me, I treat the extension clasp segment as another link, and I centre the clasp. I don't have any digging-into-wrist problem...
star77

Post by star77 » 27 Nov 2011 20:55

ok guys, this is how my wrist look like about 30 mins after watch is remove from a day of wear.
Last edited by star77 on 27 Nov 2011 21:25, edited 1 time in total.
star77

Post by star77 » 27 Nov 2011 21:00

ok, need some help here, very newbie in the DIY section. can someone tell me what's the 2 small pin which i circled in red?

star77

Post by star77 » 27 Nov 2011 21:03

herzausstahl wrote:For me, I treat the extension clasp segment as another link, and I centre the clasp. I don't have any digging-into-wrist problem...
Hi herza, that's what i did and it didn't seems very comfortable for me :(

btw, if I do get the Seiko clasps without diver extension from Thong Sia, will they be able to fit and also adjust my bracelet for me?
or they dun provide such service? (my watch no Thiong Sia warranty btw).
Last edited by star77 on 27 Nov 2011 21:05, edited 1 time in total.
sellwatch

Post by sellwatch » 27 Nov 2011 21:03

star77 wrote:ok, need some help here, very newbie in the DIY section. can someone tell me what's the 2 small pin which i circled in red?

Those are called collar pins..
oOsiMm

Post by oOsiMm » 27 Nov 2011 21:08

Do not lose the 2 small 'collars'...without these small ones(every link and pin will come with a collar),you cannot hold your bracelet pins in place. one for each bracelet pin is enough.

For your bracelets links,they are 2 sides(indicated by arrow on reverse) and one hole would be slightly bigger than the other. This 'collars' can pass thru one hole but not the other. means it acts as a retainer and holds your bracelet pin in place and watch secured to your wrist.

When the bracelet pin(with collar fixed) is inserted into the links correctly(opposite of arrow),it will be fitting and size will be just right. In order to fit the pin well .you need to use the resizing tool with small hammer.

If the collar isnt fixed,the pin can be easily pushed into and through the hole with just a small needle/resizing tool which is incorrect.