Positiong of Diver Extension

General topics regarding watches, accessories or tools
Osc13

Re: Positiong of Diver Extension

Post by Osc13 » 27 Nov 2011 21:13

If my post still confuses you, please refer to kermit's post, who has kindly post us with a very visual guide :)
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 27 Nov 2011 22:19

Ah, I never thought of centering together with the diver extension...
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
kermit e froggy

Post by kermit e froggy » 27 Nov 2011 22:36

Dude, I had those bites on e side of the wrist like you too. In fact, it's very irritating. Anyway, my 2nd pic shows those unpleasant-looking compression prints left on my wrist. Reason can be a few... Too tight or my wrist has swell due to weather n body temp. In fact, on e Seiko SRP043. I should be wearing on 2hole located on e 4hole clasp. If u see carefully my 1st pic, I'm wearing on e 1st hole which is very fitting. Watch head sits firmly on my wrist but bad for blood circulation. "Laughs"...

Gd luck trying .... :roll:

star77 wrote:ok guys, this is how my wrist look like about 30 mins after watch is remove from a day of wear.
big-e-294

Post by big-e-294 » 27 Nov 2011 23:07

star77 wrote:ok guys, this is how my wrist look like about 30 mins after watch is remove from a day of wear.
Just like what Kermit said.
This is how my sumo looks. Seiko word in center is a good guide for me

CoolieND

Post by CoolieND » 28 Nov 2011 00:32

Following on oOsIMm's explanation on the pins & collars, this is a good visual guide to use:
http://www.pmwf.com/Watches/WatchTools/ ... oolUse.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
chromehead

Post by chromehead » 29 Nov 2011 16:12

my wrist small..
mine is i treat extension as another link and i center the clasp. on my monster, just nice very comfy but no room for expansion

but on another watch, same number of links and position doesn't work, dive extension side a little longer, fit is looser, can feel it dig as it moves about.
i even tried taking out the "unremovable" links @ the extension side, but looks too weird so put back....

end up switch to rubber
chromehead

Post by chromehead » 29 Nov 2011 16:14

if u diy make sure collars sit in properly, i ever kena once when mid day the watch just drop... heng the office floor got carpet
star77

Post by star77 » 29 Nov 2011 21:27

oOsiMm wrote:Do not lose the 2 small 'collars'...without these small ones(every link and pin will come with a collar),you cannot hold your bracelet pins in place. one for each bracelet pin is enough.

For your bracelets links,they are 2 sides(indicated by arrow on reverse) and one hole would be slightly bigger than the other. This 'collars' can pass thru one hole but not the other. means it acts as a retainer and holds your bracelet pin in place and watch secured to your wrist.

When the bracelet pin(with collar fixed) is inserted into the links correctly(opposite of arrow),it will be fitting and size will be just right. In order to fit the pin well .you need to use the resizing tool with small hammer.

If the collar isnt fixed,the pin can be easily pushed into and through the hole with just a small needle/resizing tool which is incorrect.
1 of my link, I have the collar pin in.. But I can still push it through using a paper clip with enough force. Is it correct?
star77

Post by star77 » 29 Nov 2011 21:29

Gave up on adjusting.. Happen to pass by Thong Sia and got a non-diver clasp.. Problem solved :D

*service at thong sia quite sucky btw... Not sure if u guys share the same view...