Last hoot of the Year 2011.....

General topics regarding watches, accessories or tools
herzausstahl

Re: Last hoot of the Year 2011.....

Post by herzausstahl » 30 Nov 2011 15:52

Yeoman wrote:
herzausstahl wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Awesome right? Drop that amount on a watch and nobody can tell... 8-) 8-) 8-)

I'm still thinking (very hard!!!) whether it is worth it to go for the SBDS003. I scared if SIC Aiken thinks it is S$5k, and worse if Yeoman also thinks it is S$7k...
Zhun bo SBDS003?
I only know SBDS001 is still available from Seiko Japan.
So far that's what I can source for SBDS003 through my own contacts. Very steep.

Yeoman, you seem surprised. Can you find cheaper? I'd appreciate any leads.
Yeoman

Post by Yeoman » 30 Nov 2011 16:00

herzausstahl wrote:
Yeoman wrote:
Zhun bo SBDS003?
I only know SBDS001 is still available from Seiko Japan.
So far that's what I can source for SBDS003 through my own contacts. Very steep.

Yeoman, you seem surprised. Can you find cheaper? I'd appreciate any leads.
There's one here but the bezel is quite badly scratched. Other than this, bo kang tow liao. :lol:

http://www.e-bigmoon.com/product/seiko_ ... 3_o470.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yeoman

Post by Yeoman » 30 Nov 2011 16:09

There's one more here. 168000yen and no bids. One more day to go.

http://page19.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/a ... x194297564" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Evirobie

Post by Evirobie » 30 Nov 2011 17:13

Yeoman wrote:There's one more here. 168000yen and no bids. One more day to go.

http://page19.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/a ... x194297564" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The price seem to be good for this one. Anyone has a yahoo jp account? Cooliend has right?
watchlooker

Post by watchlooker » 30 Nov 2011 17:59

Evirobie wrote:

The price seem to be good for this one. Anyone has a yahoo jp account? Cooliend has right?
+1.... mai tan liaoz.... :lol: :lol:

Too bad bo moola liaoz.... :cry: :cry:
kermit e froggy

Post by kermit e froggy » 30 Nov 2011 18:18

Wow, indeed blew me away. Ananta is a fine Japanese artpiece. Again, I really like the color scheme. Soft touch of Gold tone, n does not overshadow the focus on e dial. The hands r really sharp looking. Wonder if it takes e form frm a Katana ??? Hmmm... Reminds me of the Legendary Suzuki GS Katana 1100s Which I am still hunting.

Seiko really know which Artisans to choose for their fine timepieces. Bro.Watchlooker, congrats on your new acquisition on 1of e 700 Ananta LE. I would say this LE pc does make a difference frm e Swiss timepiece. How does it feel when u compare this all black Ananta LE to the earlier Ananta which u got?

Kef
watchlooker wrote:
kermit e froggy wrote:Bro. Watchlooker, what did u hoot for 130th Anni ? The total sum can get u a nice AP15300 soon. Mind sharing what is the Seiko star of the finale ? U making me think damn long leh ! Is it e Seiko GS LE but GS do not come in all black ? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Bro Kermit.... no need to think long and hard.... simply just liked it! ;) I knew the sum plus and plus can get only one AP15300 but I dun like it..... :shock:

It is not a GS.... you can refer to the link here...http://www.seikowatches.com/press/2011/ ... 03-02.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
watchlooker

Post by watchlooker » 30 Nov 2011 18:57

kermit e froggy wrote:Wow, indeed blew me away. Ananta is a fine Japanese artpiece. Again, I really like the color scheme. Soft touch of Gold tone, n does not overshadow the focus on e dial. The hands r really sharp looking. Wonder if it takes e form frm a Katana ??? Hmmm... Reminds me of the Legendary Suzuki GS Katana 1100s Which I am still hunting.

Seiko really know which Artisans to choose for their fine timepieces. Bro.Watchlooker, congrats on your new acquisition on 1of e 700 Ananta LE. I would say this LE pc does make a difference frm e Swiss timepiece. How does it feel when u compare this all black Ananta LE to the earlier Ananta which u got?

Kef

Bro Kef... thanks! Me too... like the soft rose gold touch on the outer edge of the bezel, pushers and the sub hands. The hr/min hands are indeed sharp but I have not take a close examine on them yet and will do so when I have the time... but they do look identical to SD600 hr/min hands.
Wah.. u collect swords ah... s'pore prohitbit wor.... :shock:

This LE and the chrono are both different animals but they do share the same movt though with the LE begin more refined. I will do a detail comparison in near future. Both are kept out of my CFO notice until Christmas.... which is a good time to show them out in the open.... :lol: :lol:
eguy899

Post by eguy899 » 30 Nov 2011 19:40

congrats bro!
I like the gold too! ;)
herzausstahl

Post by herzausstahl » 30 Nov 2011 20:51

This one looks to be in better shape than the first link. Thanks for the leads. The new ones I found are too pricey for my appetite. :oops:
watchlooker

Post by watchlooker » 30 Nov 2011 21:30

herzausstahl wrote:
This one looks to be in better shape than the first link. Thanks for the leads. The new ones I found are too pricey for my appetite. :oops:
+1... mai tan liaoz.... :lol: :lol:
watchlooker

Post by watchlooker » 30 Nov 2011 21:42

Bro eguy... thanks! ;)
eguy899

Post by eguy899 » 30 Nov 2011 21:49

watchlooker wrote:Bro eguy... thanks! ;)
hope can molest both your Anantas at the next outing! ;)

incoming.. probably my last hoot of the year! :mrgreen:
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 30 Nov 2011 21:52

kermit e froggy wrote: Wonder if it takes e form frm a Katana ??? Hmmm... Reminds me of the Legendary Suzuki GS Katana 1100s Which I am still hunting
yes, the concept is actually derived from the katana

hence the display

:mrgreen:
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
watchlooker

Post by watchlooker » 30 Nov 2011 22:01

eguy899 wrote:
watchlooker wrote:Bro eguy... thanks! ;)
hope can molest both your Anantas at the next outing! ;)

incoming.. probably my last hoot of the year! :mrgreen:
Wah... bro.... your hoot also very nice... brazil market orient diver..... with bullets markers tio bo.... ;)
watchlooker

Post by watchlooker » 30 Nov 2011 22:02

lunarin79 wrote:
kermit e froggy wrote: Wonder if it takes e form frm a Katana ??? Hmmm... Reminds me of the Legendary Suzuki GS Katana 1100s Which I am still hunting
yes, the concept is actually derived from the katana

hence the display

:mrgreen:
Oh... thanks bro! ;) This is the one dat make up my mind! :lol: :lol:
eguy899

Post by eguy899 » 30 Nov 2011 22:12

watchlooker wrote:Wah... bro.... your hoot also very nice... brazil market orient diver..... with bullets markers tio bo.... ;)
right on bro! here's one more pic fm seller. :D

watchlooker

Post by watchlooker » 01 Dec 2011 07:03

eguy899 wrote:
right on bro! here's one more pic fm seller. :D

Very nice.... I liked the old-school "ORIENT" no logo..... simple and yet not so simple with your bullet markers dial..... swee! GXGX! :)

Check with you... is it housing the 469 movt.? Non-hacking tio bo? And what's the damage?
CoolieND

Post by CoolieND » 01 Dec 2011 07:49

469, precursor to the Poseidon. Non-hacking, and likely has no date quickset functionality either, gotta see-saw past 12:00.

Guessing bought from Chris Galbraith for US$350-ish? ;)
CoolieND

Post by CoolieND » 01 Dec 2011 09:15

Evirobie wrote:

I do have a Y!J account, but I don't use it to bid. I go through fromjapan; otherwise, won't be able to get anything shipped to me. ;)

Basically, if you do that, you need to take the watch price in JPY, then double it for SGD. Not 100% accurate (FX rate fluctuations) but will give a reasonable idea.... in this case, S$3400?
herzausstahl

Post by herzausstahl » 01 Dec 2011 15:33

CoolieND wrote:
Evirobie wrote:
I do have a Y!J account, but I don't use it to bid. I go through fromjapan; otherwise, won't be able to get anything shipped to me. ;)

Basically, if you do that, you need to take the watch price in JPY, then double it for SGD. Not 100% accurate (FX rate fluctuations) but will give a reasonable idea.... in this case, S$3400?
S$3400 sounds good. Other than my Doxas (from Doxa) and ex-Vostoks (from Zenitar), I have never bought any watches from owner over internet before. The photos do not look sharp. If via fromjapan, do they hold the payment in escrow?