Xmas gift

General topics regarding watches, accessories or tools
Becky

Xmas gift

Post by Becky » 01 Dec 2011 13:40

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a gift for my CO and looking at the omega constellation and rolli dj.

I guess many of the bros here are more experience. Your wife watching u hoot watches all year round and come yr end, she must be expecting a nice surprise from you.

Any inputs or other brands/makes that's worth considering?

Tks
lunarin79
CEO

Re: Xmas gift

Post by lunarin79 » 01 Dec 2011 13:43

r u sure ur CO prefers a watch more than a handbag :twisted:

lol

JLC Reverso seems to be popular among the ladies
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 01 Dec 2011 13:55

lunarin79 wrote:r u sure ur CO prefers a watch more than a handbag :twisted:
Yah... betul... after all, handbags are much bigger decoration item than the small sized jewel around her wrist that may not get much attention from other peers around her.
In addition, you might want to work out your budget especially when CNY is around the corner... 6wks away if i'm not wrong. Bakkuas, booze, abalone, sharks fin, cucumber... all very costly wor...
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
jaded

Post by jaded » 01 Dec 2011 14:01

just get her a watch with lots of shiny shiny stones (of coz not real lahs). which woman doesnt like shiny stuff.

or the best present you can get her is, promise tt you will not hoot so many watches
(but of coz you cont to hoot, just that after you hoot, can put the watches with your brother or sister) :twisted:
Becky

Post by Becky » 01 Dec 2011 14:05

You guys are just spot on.

Bringing her to Prada or Chanel is not good choice. You are jus at the mercy of which bag she choose.
However, if I were to choose my choice of gift, isn't it better. Damage control you might call it.

Ed - Bo bian leh, first year marriage must do something. It earns the extra milage like the x2 rewards..

CEO - googling now on jlc, she kinda hinted she like the constellation series..
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 01 Dec 2011 14:08

Becky wrote:CEO - googling now on jlc, she kinda hinted she like the constellation series..
haha, since she hinted then ok lor, get her constellation lor

i duno y woman likes constellation so much :?: :?:

in fact, my CO oso likes constellation but i've been ba-bodoh for all these years,lol

get her handbag, she more happy :|
ivan
HULK

Xmas gift

Post by ivan » 01 Dec 2011 14:23

Lucky, my wife no need to hint, she just told me she wants a watch. CK glow to be specific.

So, I got her one now.

That say, I still have to get her a Xmas present. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chromehead

Post by chromehead » 01 Dec 2011 19:01

haha tot all women lust over than white ceramic chanel j12
iV3RsOn

Post by iV3RsOn » 01 Dec 2011 19:46

chromehead wrote:haha tot all women lust over than white ceramic chanel j12
how much is it????
fireal

Post by fireal » 01 Dec 2011 20:33

Get a nice chopard watch
Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't
own it, but you can use it. You can't keep
it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it
you can never get it back.
herzausstahl

Post by herzausstahl » 01 Dec 2011 22:02

Becky, would this fit the bill?

Flanked by Wesselton diamonds, 32 of them I believe

The non-bling side for daily wear
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 01 Dec 2011 22:55

Just curious, not very familiar with reservo, there's only 1 movt right ? So they both reflect the same time ?
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
herzausstahl

Post by herzausstahl » 01 Dec 2011 23:02

roo7 wrote:Just curious, not very familiar with reservo, there's only 1 movt right ? So they both reflect the same time ?
Reversos are usually one-sided. The other side is normally a metal surface with nothing, or engravings.

Or, the reverse could be a display caseback.

For those with time displays on both sides, like this one, yes there is only one movement (in-house JLC calibre), but this movement can display two different times and power both sides simultaneously. :mrgreen:

i would like to own something like the Grande Date Reverso someday :D
Becky

Post by Becky » 01 Dec 2011 23:28

wow, tks for many response..seems like all your choice are high end elite ones.

I probable will still to "my choice" :lol:
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 01 Dec 2011 23:30

herzausstahl wrote:
roo7 wrote:Just curious, not very familiar with reservo, there's only 1 movt right ? So they both reflect the same time ?
Reversos are usually one-sided. The other side is normally a metal surface with nothing, or engravings.

For those with time displays on both sides, like this one, yes there is only one movement (in-house JLC calibre), but this movement can display two different times and power both sides simultaneously. :mrgreen:

Ahhh, 2 different times, it's like having 2 time zone.. so I guess they have to beef up the mainspring else the power reserve will suffer... JLC is very foreign to me, although I do know they are known for their reverso... :lol:
Not as active.
herzausstahl

Xmas gift

Post by herzausstahl » 01 Dec 2011 23:59

roo7 wrote:
herzausstahl wrote:

Ahhh, 2 different times, it's like having 2 time zone.. so I guess they have to beef up the mainspring else the power reserve will suffer... JLC is very foreign to me, although I do know they are known for their reverso... :lol:
I remember reading years ago that reversos started out as sports watches. The user can flip the watch so that the face is protected during sports. Something like that. A functional solution to a practical problem that became a design form.
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 02 Dec 2011 00:09

herzausstahl wrote:
roo7 wrote:
I remember reading years ago that reversos started out as sports watches. The user can flip the watch so that the face is protected during sports. Something like that. A functional solution to a practical problem that became a design form.
Yup, it was for polo.
Not as active.
herzausstahl

Post by herzausstahl » 02 Dec 2011 10:53

My wife loves Speedmasters and Snoopy, so if I can afford one I'd like to get this

Image from http://chronomaddox.com/omega/watches/s ... y_740w.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 02 Dec 2011 11:00

herzausstahl wrote: so if I can afford one
you too humble le boss ;)
herzausstahl

Post by herzausstahl » 02 Dec 2011 11:04

lunarin79 wrote:
herzausstahl wrote: so if I can afford one
you too humble le boss ;)
eh snoopy speedy quite ex leh :oops: plus LE, plus discon dunno how long :oops: :oops: :oops:

I should have just got it when it was new. Now would have to pay more than new price for used. :cry: