Osc13's Collection

General topics regarding watches, accessories or tools
Osc13

Osc13's Collection

Post by Osc13 » 08 Dec 2011 23:00

So, I discovered photobucket, what's the 1st thing to do ? SIC of course :D
These pictures did not do justice to these watch, no thanks to my mobile camera, and the fact that I'm the world's worst photographer.

Seiko Sea Urchin (Baby Sumo, imo) - SNZF17

Orient Submariner - CER00007B

Seiko Monster Black -

Steinhart Ocean-1 GMT Pepsi
Review: http://forums.watchuseek.com/f275/stein ... 71953.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seiko Panda - 6138-8020
Note: thanks a bunch to all SC bros here who helped me greenlitting this piece at such short time and only 1 pic available for review then :D

Seiko Caesar - SNDA13
Note: I'm loving the shark's gill rubber strap, a fresh change from the z22 :D

Marina Militare
Note: Dial colour is actually dark brown, it's the lighting in my room that made it looks so simple black.. That and my limited photo skills :(

G-Shock Mudman Military Series - G9000 MS-1
Note: again, this should be all black, somehow my room lighting is able to bring out green..

Sandoz Day-Date President
Note: Singapore's very own :D , or is it ? History of this brand tracks back between S'pore and HK, that much we know..

Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch 50th Anniv.

Rolex Daytona SS - 116520
Note: was offered in an AD in Swiss, opportunity too hard to miss.. This is what I meant by: "was looking for vintage omega speedy, found daytona.. Looking for daytona, found 62MAS" :evil:

That's all folks, hope you enjoy this SIC as much as I am.. Comments are appreciated..

Cheerios
Osc13

Re: Osc13's Collection

Post by Osc13 » 09 Dec 2011 11:08

Was looking for oosim's collection thread all over and couldn't find it last night before posting this thread.. Mods, if you could ever be so kind as to move this thread to the general discussion forum instead, that would be lovely.. Sorry for the inconvenience :(

Cheers
socketer

Post by socketer » 09 Dec 2011 12:14

Like the panda and marina militare (the dial and hands have matching lume!! Care to share the source?)
Osc13

Post by Osc13 » 09 Dec 2011 12:57

socketer wrote:Like the panda and marina militare (the dial and hands have matching lume!! Care to share the source?)
Can't help you with the Panda because they're vintage and no one has them readystocked unless they're fitted with aftermarket dials.. Will PM you with the link for marina militare because can't find it from google, strangest thing :?

You'll love marina militare.. At the price they're going for (UNITAS movement btw) and the lume to boast, I'd say they're pretty hard to beat..
kermit e froggy

Post by kermit e froggy » 09 Dec 2011 13:49

Congrats n thks for taking time to consolidate all your watches for this thread. U do ve a diversified taste.
Osc13

Post by Osc13 » 09 Dec 2011 16:30

kermit e froggy wrote:Congrats n thks for taking time to consolidate all your watches for this thread. U do ve a diversified taste.
Thanks for dropping by Bro Kermitt.. Originally the plan was to go for homage of iconic watches (GMT pepsi, panerai luminor, G-shock, rolex sub). Then someone came and introduced me to the rich history of seiko.. The first 2 weeks into knowing the guy, no one Swiss brand crossed my mind, not even once.. That's how you know you got hooked real good :D
aiken74

Post by aiken74 » 09 Dec 2011 20:08

Osc13 wrote:So, I discovered photobucket, what's the 1st thing to do ? SIC of course :D
These pictures did not do justice to these watch, no thanks to my mobile camera, and the fact that I'm the world's worst photographer.

Marina Militare
Note: Dial colour is actually dark brown, it's the lighting in my room that made it looks so simple black.. That and my limited photo skills :(

That's all folks, hope you enjoy this SIC as much as I am.. Comments are appreciated..

Cheerios
nice collection n moi MM say hi... :mrgreen:

nice blue lume on dial n green on hand... :mrgreen:
watchlooker

Post by watchlooker » 09 Dec 2011 20:57

Nice collection you had there..... keep it up! ;)
Osc13

Post by Osc13 » 09 Dec 2011 21:22

Thanks for dropping by everyone, wish me luck on the hunt for seiko vintage chronos :D

@ bro roo7: thanks for taking the time to move the misplaced thread

@ bro aiken: nice strap you got there, got the tough image and vintage at the same time

Cheers all
EMboss

Post by EMboss » 26 Dec 2011 21:15

hi bro, how's your hunt for vintage chrono?
I am looking for the 6138 panda. :D
Osc13

Post by Osc13 » 27 Dec 2011 01:05

EMboss wrote:hi bro, how's your hunt for vintage chrono?
Not good bro, no luck yet.. Still hunting that elusive pogue with resist or proof wording at 9 o'clock..

Actually thinking of flipping a couple of watches from my collection in 2012.. Due to my location, might have to start the WTS earlier before I head to sg, so that I know which watch to bring with me.. Will meet buyers a week before CNY, because I spend CNY there.. Stay tuned 8-)
Evirobie

Post by Evirobie » 27 Dec 2011 09:35

Osc13 wrote:
Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch 50th Anniv.

Cheerios
This look nice. I like the logo on the dial. Can still find brand new for this?
Osc13

Post by Osc13 » 27 Dec 2011 11:58

Evirobie wrote: Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch 50th Anniv.

Last I checked, there's one available at peninsula.. Go to omega site, locate the AD around peninsula, give em a call.. Or you can always call each and every Omega AD in sg to check availability ;)
Evirobie

Post by Evirobie » 27 Dec 2011 12:06

Osc13 wrote:
Evirobie wrote: Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch 50th Anniv.

Last I checked, there's one available at peninsula.. Go to omega site, locate the AD around peninsula, give em a call.. Or you can always call each and every Omega AD in sg to check availability ;)
What is the damage? Must check that out first before committing.
EMboss

Post by EMboss » 27 Dec 2011 21:28

Osc13 wrote:
EMboss wrote:hi bro, how's your hunt for vintage chrono?
Not good bro, no luck yet.. Still hunting that elusive pogue with resist or proof wording at 9 o'clock..

Actually thinking of flipping a couple of watches from my collection in 2012.. Due to my location, might have to start the WTS earlier before I head to sg, so that I know which watch to bring with me.. Will meet buyers a week before CNY, because I spend CNY there.. Stay tuned 8-)
staying tuned bro! let me know if the panda is coming out of the cage :lol:
Osc13

Post by Osc13 » 28 Dec 2011 17:03

At the top of my head, here's the models that I'll be letting go, listing from highest probability to lesser:

Orient Submariner CER00007B
Seiko Caesar SNDA13 on Z20 rubber
Seiko Sea Urchin SNZF17K1

Depending on workload, will try to be in sg to meet potential buyers who wants to meet up and view the watch 1st before deciding.. Will probably post WTS a week before my departure for sg..