Any gd advice on e removal of tube out e case safely ?

General topics regarding watches, accessories or tools
kermit e froggy

Any gd advice on e removal of tube out e case safely ?

Post by kermit e froggy » 17 Dec 2011 20:34

^-^ Guys, I'm pretty new to watch repairs n modding. Frm e day I started e love of wearing a mechanical Dive watch n I have become a serious WIS. I started to progress to another level n this is what I got to show all of you. Not something new to some n some of u may ve done it. "Ouch", I've learned to take out the major stuff out of e SKX001 case but failed to use the proper method to take e crystal out. This is e result below...

My learning curve does not stop here and I like to seek some advice on how can I take out e crown tube out of e case w/o damaging e case n I can still re-use tube back. My purpose for doing so on this lesson is to faciliate my next project on "Triplock crown conversion" on a Seiko Fff. Besides the use of liquid nitrogen or Hot air gun to hot-expand or cold shrink the component. Can we achieve the removal of tube frm e case by DIY at home. Does a hair dryer works or cold Freezer ??? I like to learn frm some of you experts on how to take the tube out of the case safely w/o damaging surface coating or finishing on e case ?