Saw this at Vivo (maybe wols)

General topics regarding watches, accessories or tools
CoolieND

Re: Saw this at Vivo (maybe wols)

Post by CoolieND » 21 Dec 2011 20:53

herzausstahl wrote:
roo7 wrote:K2 and KW gives 40% off. Do you think stores like city chain can give the same rate ? Without taking care of their bottom line ? Haha.

Sent from my iPhone
Yes I think they can. But whether they need to is a separate point.
Agree with herz... I do think they would be able to offer reasonable prices... 10% discount is not what I'd consider that... :o

And herz... 5k SGD?? And you didn't buy?! Maybe I need a vacation to HK soon.... :lol: :lol:
herzausstahl

Post by herzausstahl » 21 Dec 2011 21:25

CoolieND wrote:
herzausstahl wrote:
Yes I think they can. But whether they need to is a separate point.
Agree with herz... I do think they would be able to offer reasonable prices... 10% discount is not what I'd consider that... :o

And herz... 5k SGD?? And you didn't buy?! Maybe I need a vacation to HK soon.... :lol: :lol:
Yes, S$5k if you take exchange at 1:6. The used ones I found went for an average of HKD25,000. I didn't buy because it didn't feel special given the apparent availability, and the local boys I met at various K2-type shops all vote mechanical over hybrid. More than one opined that the perceived "rarity" is probably because it is not as popular, and not that it is less available.
Yeoman

Post by Yeoman » 21 Dec 2011 22:30

herzausstahl wrote:
okies wrote:
City Chain under Thong Sia rite?
I googled "who owns citychain" and the first result says Stelux. Under Thong Sia's website there is no mention of a retail arm...
Thong Sia is also under Stelux.

http://www.thongsia.com.sg/about-us/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
watchlooker

Post by watchlooker » 21 Dec 2011 22:47

herzausstahl wrote:
Yes, S$5k if you take exchange at 1:6. The used ones I found went for an average of HKD25,000. I didn't buy because it didn't feel special given the apparent availability, and the local boys I met at various K2-type shops all vote mechanical over hybrid. More than one opined that the perceived "rarity" is probably because it is not as popular, and not that it is less available.
That's a good price, bro. It's a pity you didn't get it and given your reasoning, it's understandable. A lot of ppl had this view, they all vote for mechanical over hybrid. The problem is, how can one predict which will be popular 10, 20 or 30 years down the road? There will always have someone somewhere in the world looking for it some years down the road by which time it maybe less available. A good example is a Arnie analog/digital shroud diver! ;)

I'm not saying it will be popular in future. What I'm trying to say is that hoot and enjoy lah, dun worry be happy lah.... :lol: :lol:

If I think too much like you, I'll never ever get the LE Ananta Diver.... which at that price... many options available! :mrgreen:
benleong84

Post by benleong84 » 21 Dec 2011 23:20

okies wrote::lol: :lol:
hhaha this is at the door of vivo leading to bus stop. i saw it too and wanted to snap.
then intuition told me someone faster hand and leg than me here so i gave it a miss. :lol:
herzausstahl

Saw this at Vivo (maybe wols)

Post by herzausstahl » 22 Dec 2011 00:31

Yeoman wrote:
herzausstahl wrote:
I googled "who owns citychain" and the first result says Stelux. Under Thong Sia's website there is no mention of a retail arm...
Thong Sia is also under Stelux.

http://www.thongsia.com.sg/about-us/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ah! Yeoman is the man, man!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
kqxrseiko

Post by kqxrseiko » 27 Dec 2011 09:46

Oh noooo!!!! I already spent bonus :cry: So SC bros are gg down on 28th@ 3pm??