Hello! New in Singapore.

General topics regarding watches, accessories or tools
Escapement

Hello! New in Singapore.

Post by Escapement » 16 Sep 2018 22:37

Hello all!

I'm new to Singapore and found this forum before I left Sydney.

I am a Seiko fan and have a very small collection.

My daily is a springdrive diver - a movement I longed for for many years and finally bought - it still hypnotises me to this day when I Meditate on the beauty of the sweeping second hand.

Anyway, the main reason for my post is I have a G757 5020 which I have had for ages but chews batteries - I know they are famous for being hard on batteries but I think this might be to do with my choice of battery.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where would be a good shop or watch service place to go to.

It's in perfect working order. All the lcd segments are crisp and dark. The alarm works and all the buttons are fine (though I think the seals are a bit hard).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fallacyfrog

Re: Hello! New in Singapore.

Post by fallacyfrog » 22 Sep 2018 23:14

Servicing for LCDs in Singapore would be close to non existent to my knowledge. Spare parts for these are close to non-existent in general.

sent from my oppo phone

Andoy

Post by Andoy » 23 Sep 2018 13:45

Anonymous wrote:Hello all!

My daily is a springdrive diver - a movement I longed for for many years and finally bought - it still hypnotises me to this day when I Meditate on the beauty of the sweeping second hand.

Anyway, the main reason for my post is I have a G757 5020 which I have had for ages but chews batteries - I know they are famous for being hard on batteries but I think this might be to do with my choice of battery.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where would be a good shop or watch service place to go to.

It's in perfect working order. All the lcd segments are crisp and dark. The alarm works and all the buttons are fine (though I think the seals are a bit hard).

Hello!
First and foremost, welcome to Singapore and to our awesome forum SCS!

Do refer to the K2 thread. The owner, Mr. Goh specializes in Seiko Vintage watches. He took care of my 6105-8119 which now hacks and the crown can lock. But I am not sure about quartz watches like yours. Well, no harm in trying. Mr. Goh will have the final say if he can do or not. All the best and looking forward to your future posts especially in the daily WRUW threads! ImageImage

Sent from my SM-A300G using Tapatalk

Andoy

Post by Andoy » 23 Sep 2018 13:54

Anonymous wrote:Hello all!

Can also try H2 HUB or City Chain. I think they charge $10 - $12 for battery change...Image

Sent from my SM-A300G using Tapatalk