Gnomon NATO/ZULU

General topics regarding watches, accessories or tools
jreminisce

Gnomon NATO/ZULU

Post by jreminisce » 13 Mar 2013 23:57

anyone here tried GNOMONS NATO or ZULU straps ? are they good and well priced ?

which one would you recommend for a nylon strap, zulu or nato (heavy duty or not ?)

the strap would be for a seiko black monster :twisted:
rogue_hog

Re: Gnomon NATO/ZULU

Post by rogue_hog » 14 Mar 2013 07:29

They are not exactly cheap if you compare to what k2 is selling. They range from $24-$27 for the normal thickness to thick ones. I don't use NATO & Zulu much so can't really tell how good or bad they are.
alvintancy

Post by alvintancy » 14 Mar 2013 15:51

Another option is NatoZulu.com, they are base locally, I bought a few pieces from them, much cheaper than Gnomon.
fireal

Post by fireal » 14 Mar 2013 16:57

bought before $22 ...

just a normal zulu imo..
Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't
own it, but you can use it. You can't keep
it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it
you can never get it back.
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 14 Mar 2013 17:23

End of the day.. it's a piece of nylon strap :)

I provided MO before... so the cost is really cheap actually. I know there are other vendors who claim their nato/zulu are more superior, I think they are just bonded differently and the length difference to cater for bigger wrists.
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
jreminisce

Post by jreminisce » 15 Mar 2013 19:03

anyone know how much difference is the Heavy Duty vs normal NATO from GNOMON ?
jreminisce

Post by jreminisce » 15 Mar 2013 19:07

any discernible difference between natozulu ones and gnomon ? i will get a tudor ducati nato from natozulu though (only seen them having this colour)

still thinking of getting one more solid colour strap (olive green or some sort of dark green probably), not sure whether to get from natozulu or gnomon
Badern

Post by Badern » 16 Mar 2013 00:14

Gnomon is just too expensive for straps IMO.
Shop around online for better deals.
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 16 Mar 2013 03:14

jreminisce wrote:anyone know how much difference is the Heavy Duty vs normal NATO from GNOMON ?
The heavy duty is thicker.
Additionally, Zulu extreme is longer than the regular Zulu.
greencat

Post by greencat » 12 Apr 2013 08:57

Generally Zulu straps are thicker. Their "metalworks" is rounder compared to the more rectangular buckle/ keeper from the NATO.

Over the years, I've got NATOs from various sources.

K2's NATOs are the best price. (I've bought NATO straps from Maratac in the US and when I bought the NATOs from K2, I found them to be almost identical, the only thing missing is the 'Maratac' name printed on the buckle. The length & texture are the same. I won't be surprised that they are from the same production line.)

The Gnomon NATOs are expensive. The advantage over online is that you can go there & feel the material and they have quite a lot of colours, but they are more $$$.

I also have NATOs from TimeFactors & Phoenix, both from the UK and are nice too.

So ultimately, I guess its up to personal preference, colour, material, stitching or heat-welded, thickness.

Have a great weekend all.

8-) 8-)
Last edited by greencat on 19 Apr 2013 16:07, edited 2 times in total.
davtse

Post by davtse » 15 Apr 2013 15:19

Bought quite a few from Gnomon before. That's before I found cheaper sources. The quality is good, but I find it overpriced for NATO straps.
736cc

Post by 736cc » 15 Apr 2013 17:01

What about those leather type?
Astro2212

Post by Astro2212 » 15 Apr 2013 19:57

Bought 1 frm gnomon...quality is gd for me as i find alot of k2 nato zulu wil bite my skin. Maratac quality is also veri gd...but k2 price is the best...so maybe u can try k2 nato zulu n if suits u n u lik than can giv the rest a miss
davtse

Post by davtse » 15 Apr 2013 20:30

736cc wrote:What about those leather type?
K2 has leather natos, call him to double check first because those things sell like hot cakes!
greencat

Post by greencat » 16 Apr 2013 13:51

davtse wrote:
K2 has leather natos, call him to double check first because those things sell like hot cakes!
I've never tried leather NATOs.

Must do that one day, thanks.

;)
Last edited by greencat on 19 Apr 2013 16:08, edited 2 times in total.
Watchman

Post by Watchman » 16 Apr 2013 21:31

If you are looking for better quality NATO stray, you may want check out this seller from eBay.
http://myworld.ebay.com/mickie500?_trks ... 7675.l2559" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Quasimodo

Post by Quasimodo » 17 Apr 2013 02:39

I wear NATOs a lot. I've bought from Gnomon and their straps are a tad high in price BUT they do have range there.

Personally I've bought a lot of throwaway NATOs from NATOZULU.com... Relatively cheap and well... they're nylon straps.

My favourite though are leather NATOs... for cheap, just get them from K2.

I have a nice leather one from Fossil... it's very nice but also my most expensive NATO to date at $50. Am tempted to pick up one of the leather NATOs from the leather boutique brands like the ones featured on Worn&Wound.
I don't seem to have enough wrists. :)
736cc

Post by 736cc » 17 Apr 2013 11:36

davtse wrote:
Hi sir, how much does the leather natos cost? Also where is K2? Sorry still noob in collecting watches.
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 17 Apr 2013 15:37

There's a where to buy thread here: viewforum.php?f=8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can't recall the price but probably below $20. Don't expect quality like those 50 EUR straps.
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
Stitches

Post by Stitches » 21 Apr 2013 12:47

How much are K2's straps? I've bought mine from cheapestnatostraps.com and I'm quite satisfied with them.