I have done it again.....I need help

General topics regarding watches, accessories or tools
nutty

Post by nutty » 01 Oct 2015 16:56

I promised myself no more purchases till end of the year after getting a JR in Aug. I did well.....until last week where I dropped by an AD and saw something that crossed my path some months back. It is not always readily available, and I don't drop by there often. It was a mistake.....stepped in, tried on, forgot about the promise, and out came by credit card......!!! Sigh.....

I realized the forum here relatively quiet....which is also why I tried to "stir" some topics over the few weeks. So here goes another.....(ok, it's an excuse for me to "show off" and also make myself less guilty... So guys, entertain me....here goes.

Can you guess what watch did I buy? Here's a pic:

(I just noticed there is a speck of dust on the bezel....so ignore it, and pardon my less than amateur skills. Everything on the watch is in perfect condition).

Fire away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rojakman

Post by rojakman » 01 Oct 2015 17:14

Steinhart new gmt ocean one vintage

Congrats!
Using Tapatalk
nutty

Re: I have done it again.....I need help

Post by nutty » 01 Oct 2015 17:22

rojakman wrote:Steinhart new gmt ocean one vintage

Congrats!
Wah lau.... No fun lah....one guess kanna jackpot! U gotta buy 4 D this week.

Yes, that's the piece I got from gnomon. Went to Suntec for a client meeting, and I had some time so I made the dump mistake of KLKK.....expensive walk....

Anyhow, here's it:

Like the vintage vibe, and the colors

Speaking to f which, I want to change the bracelet to strap. Anyone any suggestions??

chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 01 Oct 2015 19:30

Congrats, nice watch.
Cosmograph

Post by Cosmograph » 01 Oct 2015 19:35

congrats! gxgx.
Enjoying Japanese, Swiss, Germans & Micros quartz or mechanical, solar/Eco or kinetic, electronic

Time is one's best friend or worst enemy. You can't stop her or contain her but you can use her or watch her go by!
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 01 Oct 2015 19:37

Gxgx..quite unique looking...wonder if they have stock of the sqaule version

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
I want to be a one watch guy!!
nutty

Post by nutty » 01 Oct 2015 19:54

balzebub71 wrote:Gxgx..quite unique looking...wonder if they have stock of the sqaule version

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Seems to have stock from their web site.

When I was there last week, one of their customer was wearing one, and was waiting for hem to change the bracelet to rubber strap. Looks good!!

Go, drop by, and give it a try....you won't be disappointed....(heehee....you see what I am doing here)

Disclaimer: I am in no way connected to Squale nor gnomon watches or any brands they carry....

Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 01 Oct 2015 20:00

Dun worry lah Nutty. The poison within u will fade down for a certain period. As Gnomon is moving off to some better place...
Fellow bruds... if u know where Gnomon is moving to, keep quiet for a certain period to help Nutty's rehab. :wink:
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
nutty

Post by nutty » 01 Oct 2015 20:03

Ed.YEO wrote:Dun worry lah Nutty. The poison within u will fade down for a certain period. As Gnomon is moving off to some better place...
Fellow bruds... if u know where Gnomon is moving to, keep quiet for a certain period to help Nutty's rehab. :wink:
Too late....I already know....you keen??Image

nutty

Post by nutty » 01 Oct 2015 20:05

By the way, thanks to all for the gxgx. It's has a unique dial, and it is really different from what I already own. So far, very happy.

Can anyone recommend a strap that will go with this watch? Thanks in advance.

Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 01 Oct 2015 20:32

Stressed Tan colored leather with tapered end.
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
rojakman

Post by rojakman » 01 Oct 2015 21:17

Can consider vintage strap too.
Using Tapatalk
nutty

Post by nutty » 01 Oct 2015 22:22

Thanks for the suggestions. Where would be a good place to source? I tend to want to see/ feel before buying ..... So online can be a bit of a problem for ne

vesper

Post by vesper » 02 Oct 2015 06:03

beautiful watch. Super tempted to try Steinhart.
eltontan

Post by eltontan » 02 Oct 2015 08:46

congrats !!
nutty

Post by nutty » 02 Oct 2015 09:06

vesper wrote:beautiful watch. Super tempted to try Steinhart.
This is actually my second purchase through gnomon. First was the Nav B Uhr, but at 47mm. Everything about the watch is great at that price point. My only problem was its size, and thats because of me, not the watch. I have got puny wrist, and the 47mm really looks a bit out of place. What's more, the crown consistently cuts onto my skin. So I rarely wear it, and after about a year, sold it. First time I flip a watch after so many years.

I also read a lot of good stuff about Steinhart before I took the plunge back then.

So, for a second time buyer, I would recommend Steinhart.

And by the way....as Bro Ed has pointed out...they are moving to a new location soon - Millennia Walk, though not sure which floor/ unit.
vesper

Post by vesper » 02 Oct 2015 09:12

nutty wrote:
vesper wrote:beautiful watch. Super tempted to try Steinhart.
This is actually my second purchase through gnomon. First was the Nav B Uhr, but at 47mm. Everything about the watch is great at that price point. My only problem was its size, and thats because of me, not the watch. I have got puny wrist, and the 47mm really looks a bit out of place. What's more, the crown consistently cuts onto my skin. So I rarely wear it, and after about a year, sold it. First time I flip a watch after so many years.

I also read a lot of good stuff about Steinhart before I took the plunge back then.

So, for a second time buyer, I would recommend Steinhart.

And by the way....as Bro Ed has pointed out...they are moving to a new location soon - Millennia Walk, though not sure which floor/ unit.
whao. thanks for the review nutty bro!!

stopping me from the plunge is also cuz of the price point. and still a diehard seiko fan. hehee. but will go check out gnmon shop and try try first.

currently they're still at the same location yea?
nutty

Post by nutty » 02 Oct 2015 11:04

vesper wrote:

stopping me from the plunge is also cuz of the price point. and still a diehard seiko fan. hehee. but will go check out gnmon shop and try try first.

No worries, bro.

They are still there, but I know it shouldn't be too long before the shift. Give them a tinkle before u drop by. And according to them, the new place is bigger, and they will be carrying more brands....trouble......

vesper

Post by vesper » 02 Oct 2015 11:10

hahaha. jialat liao
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 02 Oct 2015 11:24

nutty wrote:
vesper wrote:

No worries, bro.

They are still there, but I know it shouldn't be too long before the shift. Give them a tinkle before u drop by. And according to them, the new place is bigger, and they will be carrying more brands....trouble......
More brand? Dear Christy siong liao lah...
Btw... to brudder Vespa. Don't be discourage by the price. Instead the pricing of STEINHART is the best you can get from small maker from Europe out there who uses workhorse grade ETA movements that are future serviceable. The use of Soprod in their latest OT500 is one hell of a competitor no other makers, big or small can fight!
Buy from Gnomon, for the extra months of warranty. Buy from STEINHART Germany, when Euro is sibeh low. Either way, with this brand, buyers win... although they lose with design options...