Questions on MM300

General topics regarding watches, accessories or tools
nutty

Questions on MM300

Post by nutty » 02 Oct 2015 08:57

I want to seek the advise of the WISeones here.....

I really like the looks of MM300, and heard a lot of good things about it. I do hear once in a while about the misaligned bezel, and the cross thread on the crown.

So, I have a few questions that need help with:

1. besides those 2 listed above, is there anything else to watch out for?

2. for service, what's the costs like? I heard it has to be sent back to Japan....through Thong Sia? What if the watch was not purchased from them, but an authorised source from overseas? What's your experience like when it comes to servicing it?

3. lastly, anyone has a good source for a new piece?

Thanks in advance.
Cheers..
balzebub71

Re: Questions on MM300

Post by balzebub71 » 02 Oct 2015 17:16

When i bought mine last year i was able to inspect and choose from two MM300. None of them displayed misalignment of the bezel and the screw down action on both were good. I believe Seiko had made inprovements to the tube and screw down crown? (not sure)..either way just don't force anything and it should be fine.

Other thing to look out? Bracelet end link to case gap.

When i asked, Thong Sia indicated they have to send the MM300 back to japan for repair / servicing.

Where to buy? big time...online forums...rakuten...the usual jap online sellers as well like chino..higuchi and seiya

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
I want to be a one watch guy!!
nutty

Post by nutty » 02 Oct 2015 17:38

balzebub71 wrote:When i bought mine last year i was able to inspect and choose from two MM300. None of them displayed misalignment of the bezel and the screw down action on both were good. I believe Seiko had made inprovements to the tube and screw down crown? (not sure)..either way just don't force anything and it should be fine.

Other thing to look out? Bracelet end link to case gap.

When i asked, Thong Sia indicated they have to send the MM300 back to japan for repair / servicing.

Where to buy? big time...online forums...rakuten...the usual jap online sellers as well like chino..higuchi and seiya

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Thanks bro, for taking the time to share your experience. Well appreciated.

Perhaps next year..... Must resist...... So guys, please don't post pic of MM300 for the next few months ok? Tolong....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rojakman

Post by rojakman » 02 Oct 2015 17:49

Lol cannot it is my beater.
Using Tapatalk
nutty

Post by nutty » 02 Oct 2015 18:45

Ok lor....than every time I see it, I will go hmmmmmm ..... (Sound of meditation)

schnitzer7

Post by schnitzer7 » 08 Oct 2015 08:47

Bro Nutty... I'm also considering the MM300 against a Tuna. Problem is I can't decide on the right Tuna. Black/Silver/Quartz/LE Tuna? My purchase will also likely be end year or next year Jan. For now, the dilemma lingers...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
nutty

Post by nutty » 08 Oct 2015 11:38

schnitzer7 wrote:Bro Nutty... I'm also considering the MM300 against a Tuna. Problem is I can't decide on the right Tuna. Black/Silver/Quartz/LE Tuna? My purchase will also likely be end year or next year Jan. For now, the dilemma lingers...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I know the feeling.

Having said, I have not taken any fancy of the tuna - largely because I have not seen it in person. So this is a god thing for me....less option.

Good luck! and remember to show us pics once you get hold of either, or both!!! Haha