Forum Losing Momentum

General topics regarding watches, accessories or tools
ckw

Forum Losing Momentum

Post by ckw » 20 Jan 2018 19:49

This forum looks very gloomy with no activities for long stretches...think many have progressed to Facebook groups like SOCA, which is easier to access and post...does this forum have a Facebook group? if not, should it migrate to one? its sad and a pity to see this forum heading to a slow death...
TheChef

Re: Forum Losing Momentum

Post by TheChef » 20 Jan 2018 21:57

ckw wrote:This forum looks very gloomy with no activities for long stretches...think many have progressed to Facebook groups like SOCA, which is easier to access and post...does this forum have a Facebook group? if not, should it migrate to one? its sad and a pity to see this forum heading to a slow death...
Yes, it is quite sad. But, everything needs to come to an end, be it suffering or happiness. I don't think that there is a Facebook group. I have moved on to using Instagram to continue my pursuit of this hobby. I don't want to disturb others with my posts on Facebook, especially people who has zero interest in watches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"Please touch your own favorite watch with your kind heart and love forever." - Ikuo Tokunaga, Chief Designer of SEIKO Dive Watches and Sports Watches
fallacyfrog

Post by fallacyfrog » 20 Jan 2018 23:33

Quite a pity as our scs forum has many knowledgeable users. Wonder where they all went. Maybe it's time for me to use Instagram more too..

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 21 Jan 2018 14:24

There's a few Facebook groups created. Not by me nor the early Seiko Club Singapore founding members from HWZ.

It's part of the trend. Using browser on the computer is not trendy anymore :) Mobile is the primary access. When more users move to mobile only and with tapatalk app, our forum is still alive a bit.

But now, it's not trendy anymore :)

Still, there's a wealth of information here. I will still be around, maintaining as long as I can.
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 21 Jan 2018 22:11

TheChef wrote:
20 Jan 2018 21:57
ckw wrote:This forum looks very gloomy with no activities for long stretches...think many have progressed to Facebook groups like SOCA, which is easier to access and post...does this forum have a Facebook group? if not, should it migrate to one? its sad and a pity to see this forum heading to a slow death...
Yes, it is quite sad. But, everything needs to come to an end, be it suffering or happiness. I don't think that there is a Facebook group. I have moved on to using Instagram to continue my pursuit of this hobby. I don't want to disturb others with my posts on Facebook, especially people who has zero interest in watches.

What's your ID over at Instagram, I wana follow you :mrgreen:
TheChef

Post by TheChef » 23 Jan 2018 21:49

chriscentro wrote:
21 Jan 2018 22:11
TheChef wrote:
20 Jan 2018 21:57

hampalang
"Please touch your own favorite watch with your kind heart and love forever." - Ikuo Tokunaga, Chief Designer of SEIKO Dive Watches and Sports Watches
rojakman

Post by rojakman » 24 Jan 2018 14:23

Can add me on Instagram too. Drop me a message so that i can follow you back too.

IG account is kenisu_jh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 25 Jan 2018 06:07

TheChef wrote:
23 Jan 2018 21:49
chriscentro wrote:
21 Jan 2018 22:11

hampalang
followed :mrgreen:
fallacyfrog

Post by fallacyfrog » 27 Jan 2018 07:56

Good to know that there are many respected and experienced members still active

Have just created an Instagram account to try out. Can add me @fallacyfrog if you all want too

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 31 Jan 2018 13:41

Dis week start coundown to CNY... see... how many will show their polished gimgim, liang jingjing watch here to greet one another!
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
TheChef

Post by TheChef » 01 Feb 2018 22:17

Ed.YEO wrote:
31 Jan 2018 13:41
Dis week start coundown to CNY... see... how many will show their polished gimgim, liang jingjing watch here to greet one another!
Onz.... You post, I post.
Andoy

Post by Andoy » 23 Apr 2018 13:30

roo7 wrote:There's a few Facebook groups created. Not by me nor the early Seiko Club Singapore founding members from HWZ.

It's part of the trend. Using browser on the computer is not trendy anymore :) Mobile is the primary access. When more users move to mobile only and with tapatalk app, our forum is still alive a bit.

But now, it's not trendy anymore :)

Still, there's a wealth of information here. I will still be around, maintaining as long as I can.
Thank you for maintaining this forum. Appreciate it. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-A300G using Tapatalk

Andoy

Post by Andoy » 23 Apr 2018 13:37

Didn't know or had any idea that the forum has come to this. I myself been a long while absent and to be honest I removed the Tapatalk app from my phone since my last post (2017?). Why? No reaction or reply to my posts as if nobody cares. But I still receive notifications in my e-mail so I re-installed Tapatalk. Only now I learned of this. Well, I try to keep posting here as much as I can, reply or no reply. We see how...just do not want this forum to be forgotten.

Andoy

Post by Andoy » 28 Apr 2018 04:13

So, a week has gone by and true enough...this forum is like a "ghost town"
I mean really, I'm all by myself. Nobody posting to the WRUW or any other topics for that matter. Even in the OT threads...nothing!
Oh well, we see how next week. I'll just try to keep on going...cheers!

TheChef

Post by TheChef » 28 Apr 2018 09:46

Andoy wrote:
28 Apr 2018 04:13
So, a week has gone by and true enough...this forum is like a "ghost town" Image
I mean really, I'm all by myself. Nobody posting to the WRUW or any other topics for that matter. Even in the OT threads...nothing!
ImageImageImage

Some of us including me are now on Instagram. We have gone global, in line with the economy. :D
Andoy

Post by Andoy » 28 Apr 2018 14:53

TheChef wrote:
28 Apr 2018 09:46
Andoy wrote:
28 Apr 2018 04:13
So, a week has gone by and true enough...this forum is like a "ghost town" Image
ImageImageImage

Some of us including me are now on Instagram. We have gone global, in line with the economy. :D
I see, well, I also in IG but I use it for my other hobby...Sneakers! It helps me to see when my favourite kicks are dropping, namely Air Jordans.
Anyways, have fun in IG... :D