Blue Monster SRP461

Seiko, Orient, Citizen, Casio and other Japanese watch companies
hogsforce

Re: Blue Monster SRP461

Post by hogsforce » 30 Mar 2014 19:19

Need some advises:

All along I been wearing watches with NATO strap. Now that I got this SRP461K, I been pondering, should I put a NATO to it? But the fact that the SS bracelet strap is the differentiating point between SRP455 and SRP461 makes me think twice.

What you guys think?
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 30 Mar 2014 22:22

Try not to hand wind regularly as it's additional wear and tear on the threads of the screw down crown?

Sent from my Hongmi
I want to be a one watch guy!!
vcfc

Post by vcfc » 08 Apr 2014 10:31

Fine piece bro!!
hogsforce

Post by hogsforce » 12 Apr 2014 14:21

Just checking, my SRP461 power dies off very fast.
I hand wound it (just kept turning, never count how many rounds. Scared to overwind it so i didnt wind too much) last night.
wore it this morning. By noon it stopped moving.

My 007 never had such problems. Hand movements still as per normal. What could be the reason?

My guess was because now im wearing it with the s/s bracelet strap, its more rigid hence lesser "swinging" during daily activities? My 007 was on a NATO strap so its lighter and can feel the "charging" when i move my hand a little
Andoy

Post by Andoy » 12 Apr 2014 14:33

hogsforce wrote:Just checking, my SRP461 power dies off very fast.
I hand wound it (just kept turning, never count how many rounds. Scared to overwind it so i didnt wind too much) last night.

My 007 never had such problems. Hand movements still as per normal. What could be the reason?

My guess was because now im wearing it with the s/s bracelet strap, its more rigid hence lesser "swinging" during daily activities? My 007 was on a NATO strap so its lighter and can feel the "charging" when i move my hand a little
Your Monster should be equipped with the 4R36 movement which both winds manually and hacks. But how much is how much? If I am not using my Emperor I give it say 30 rounds + 10 second shake left to right. By next morning she's still running. I don't think the type of strap has got something to do with it.

But you mentioned you even wore her this morning and still she stopped by noon? I think you better make a stop at K2 have it looked at. Or if still under warranty go to Thong Sia.

Hope this helps.

Cheers. :mrgreen:
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 12 Apr 2014 14:46

hogsforce wrote:Just checking, my SRP461 power dies off very fast.

you mean it stopped while you,re wearing it? Then somethinf is wrong better send for warranty claim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
hogsforce

Post by hogsforce » 12 Apr 2014 15:18

Thanks for the replies. Will send it to thongsia on Monday.

First time sending a watch there to repair. Any idea how do i go about?
Andoy

Post by Andoy » 12 Apr 2014 15:41

hogsforce wrote:Thanks for the replies. Will send it to thongsia on Monday.

Take MRT to Kallang. Exit gantry, turn left. Exit station, turn left. At the road junction turn left. Got bus stop can take the ff: 22, 26, 853, 961 and 985. Alight at 1st stop. Go to your left. Go across the road turn right. At junction turn left. 1st building you see you go in all the way back until you see a loading bay. Go up stairs, take freight lift to #06-03. Exit lift they are to your right.
Take care Bro! :mrgreen: And let us know how it works out.

Cheers.
Diospada

Post by Diospada » 12 Apr 2014 19:43

Andoy wrote:
hogsforce wrote:Thanks for the replies. Will send it to thongsia on Monday.

Take MRT to Kallang. Exit gantry, turn left. Exit station, turn left. At the road junction turn left. Got bus stop can take the ff: 22, 26, 853, 961 and 985. Alight at 1st stop. Go to your left. Go across the road turn right. At junction turn left. 1st building you see you go in all the way back until you see a loading bay. Go up stairs, take freight lift to #06-03. Exit lift they are to your right.
Take care Bro! :mrgreen: And let us know how it works out.

Cheers.
If u want to exercise, you can walk. Walk past the bus stop that Andoy has described. At the t-junction turn left. Walk all the way down until you see a small sidegate. Enter it and you are at the building. You can then find the lift to take ypu to the 6th floor.

Sent from my GT-N5120 using Tapatalk
hogsforce

Post by hogsforce » 12 Apr 2014 23:51

Thanks for all the help. Will be driving there in the morning. Keep you guys posted.
hogsforce

Post by hogsforce » 14 Apr 2014 10:06

Just left TS.

Watch had to be left there to repair. Collection next week. :(
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 14 Apr 2014 12:55

hogsforce wrote:Just left TS.

Wah okay la..at least it's warranty work..FOC right?

Sent from my Hongmi
hogsforce

Post by hogsforce » 14 Apr 2014 15:09

balzebub71 wrote:
hogsforce wrote:Just left TS.

Wah okay la..at least it's warranty work..FOC right?

Sent from my Hongmi
Yup FOC cos under warranty
hogsforce

Post by hogsforce » 21 Apr 2014 13:05

Hey all

Just collected my watch, after it spent a week there.

The girl was telling me it was because the second hand "was too low" and "sticking to the minute-hand".

Any pros here can help me translate to layman's terms? Recap: my watch movement stopped even when wore on wrist on several occasions.
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 24 Apr 2014 21:28

The hands are stacked on top of one another. So if it's not placed properly, example, in your case, the second hand was "low", I would say it's facing downwards, so as the second hand moves, it collides with the minute hand, so it can't tick any more.

Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
hogsforce

Post by hogsforce » 25 Apr 2014 08:10

roo7 wrote:The hands are stacked on top of one another. So if it's not placed properly, example, in your case, the second hand was "low", I would say it's facing downwards, so as the second hand moves, it collides with the minute hand, so it can't tick any more.

I see! Thanks for the info!
W33liam

Post by W33liam » 29 May 2014 00:01

This is a beautiful watch love it.
internetid1

Post by internetid1 » 03 Jun 2014 08:14

A fren of mine is selling his blue baby tuna (in pristine) condition for $500. Just wondering whether the pricr is too high...
balzebub71

Blue Monster SRP461

Post by balzebub71 » 03 Jun 2014 19:21

internetid1 wrote:A fren of mine is selling his blue baby tuna (in pristine) condition for $500. Just wondering whether the pricr is too high...
For used sardine... To me its too high... But then i am cheap

sent using the force..
Last edited by balzebub71 on 03 Jun 2014 21:41, edited 1 time in total.
Stan80

Post by Stan80 » 03 Jun 2014 21:05

Baby tuna for 500 is oso too high for me.

Sent from my tiny device
My family, my life, my watches...
Personal favourite: Tudor Classic Moxa