Where is King Wah at Peninsula Plaza now?

Seiko, Orient, Citizen, Casio and other Japanese watch companies
ivan
HULK

Re: Where is King Wah at Peninsula Plaza now?

Post by ivan » 04 Sep 2013 21:28

Ok la.
Pple doing business. Have to give it to them. At least they have a shop front.

You havent seen pple sell and buy back the same watch from u can make you lose few thousand yet. That is of course when I m stupid then.

May the Force be with you
jpsean

Post by jpsean » 30 Nov 2013 22:25

Do their watches come with Thiong Sia warranty? Noticed they are not one of the authorised sellers on TS's website.
yoshiki

Post by yoshiki » 04 Dec 2013 08:58

jpsean wrote:Do their watches come with Thiong Sia warranty? Noticed they are not one of the authorised sellers on TS's website.
i think it is considered as parallel import watches.
sb001

Post by sb001 » 07 Dec 2013 18:42

Does any1 have any idea how come Andy's shop name is changed from King Wah to acube?
King Wah was such a long time brand according to my dad which he already bought from during his younger days.

If he moved location at least maintain the name so we can still identify him.

Anyway just dropped by his shop to look see again, but seems like he is more interested in branded brand watches now, with his Ferrari and Versus watches. Not much seikos compared to before.

Asked him if I could order a Sbdc007 , but was told it was sold off just ytd.
Anyway will drop by and take my chances to shop for jdm seikos.
ronnie

Post by ronnie » 05 Jul 2014 01:56

I considered myself a regular customer of Acube until recently. I too was attracted by Andy's competitive pricing and his friendliness. I used to visit his shop very regularly, and witnessed to myself that lots of customers came over to buy G-Shocks from him, and were happy with his prices. I visited his shop regularly hoping to be able to be the first to buy popular Seiko models like MM300, or Sumo, when the stock comes , before they got snatched away, as I always overheard customers coming in to enquire about these models and his usual response was "coming soon"," in a few days' time", "probably next week"... Sometimes he would take up his phone (apparently to call Thong Sia) to enquire about stock arrivals and to confirm order of a few pieces . As such, I had been waiting for my MM300 for more than 3 months. In the meantime, when I was in his shop, I would end up buying other Seiko models, in fact quite a number in a span of a couple of months. I would later regret buying some of them. Andy is a good salesman,without doubt. I bought a Monster from another shop, as I never see Acube displaying the model during my frequent visits there. When he saw me with the Sumo, he told me that his shop actually just sold a couple of pieces a few days ago, and told me his selling price, which I remembered was much lower than my cost. I also showed him my Shogun which I bought online from Chino Watch, he also told me he would be having the stock, and his selling price again was very attractive. A few months ago, Andy told me his price for MM300 was 2.2K , then became 2.3K and now 2.5K due to higher price from Thong Sia (of course if it ever comes). He could not quote me a price for Sumo as he claimed final price from Thong Sia not firm yet. I had finally given up, and had purchased my MM300 and Sumo online from Higuchi-Inc.
Evirobie

Post by Evirobie » 05 Jul 2014 19:16

Not to spoil your mood but happy waiting. Only buy watch you see displayed in his shop.

Sent by Greymi.