where to buy the cheapest seiko 5 SNZF17K1 in SG?

Seiko, Orient, Citizen, Casio and other Japanese watch companies
medacane

Re: where to buy the cheapest seiko 5 SNZF17K1 in SG?

Post by medacane » 05 Oct 2014 22:57

I remember reading online about this watch shop at serangoon called tong hin. I tried to research more but it seems like it isn't that well known so there was no given address. Did anyone go to tong hin before?
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 05 Oct 2014 23:14

There's a where to buy article, go read it up, call the shops and ask for the price or spend the PH tomorrow visiting them.

We don't visit the shops everyday and note down every single model prices and have it at the back of our head, you should enjoy the process of shopping.
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
TheChef

Post by TheChef » 05 Oct 2014 23:30

Check them out tomorrow.
http://www.thongsia.com.sg/our-brands/dealers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Please touch your own favorite watch with your kind heart and love forever." - Ikuo Tokunaga, Chief Designer of SEIKO Dive Watches and Sports Watches
medacane

Post by medacane » 05 Oct 2014 23:45

TheChef wrote:Check them out tomorrow.
http://www.thongsia.com.sg/our-brands/dealers/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oh thx.:D
xxccxx

Post by xxccxx » 06 Oct 2014 18:10

Skywatches sgd182 (before gst) is made in china. K2 sgd180 (nett) is made in japan... go figure...
jtfoo

Post by jtfoo » 06 Oct 2014 18:37

Most of my watches are bought online. Important thing is you have to be aware that it's grey market. As long you accepted that, then it's not nonsense.
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 06 Oct 2014 18:59

Oh and K or J actually no diff in quality la. I don't buy into J is manufactured in Japan.
I want to be a one watch guy!!
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 06 Oct 2014 20:35

xxccxx wrote:Skywatches sgd182 (before gst) is made in china. K2 sgd180 (nett) is made in japan... go figure...
K Made in China? That's the first for me. Malaysia, Thailand & Singapore assembly I have heard of, but not China. Even so, so what? What's not made in China these days. My Obris Morgan is proudly made in China.
Strap Shine by Dicon: Leather Care for Watch Straps. Nourishes | Waterproofs | Cleans
http://www.leather-care.sg/product/stra ... -by-dicon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Contact: hello@jaspe.com.sg
oncleoliver

Post by oncleoliver » 06 Oct 2014 20:42

There is an army of CNC machinists for hire in southern China. They do everything from milling to lathe etc at the lowest price possible.

Very soon all the Malaysian production may move there as well as the current batch of machinsts in Malaysia are all imported from India or semi-skilled from Nepal. They cost more.
You are not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

- Tyler Durden
xxccxx

Post by xxccxx » 06 Oct 2014 20:51

My bad... I assumed non-Japan is automatically from China. If no difference, would you pay top dollar for MIC Rolex, supposed if Rolex really were to move their factory to China? Or how about GS that is MIC? Sure there's no difference?
oncleoliver

Post by oncleoliver » 06 Oct 2014 20:58

It takes about 5 years to train a machinists into an exprt... another 10 years to make him a craftsman.

So doesn't matter if it's angmo hands or china hands or chocolate hands. It's the skill behind the tools... not the race or location.

Japanese probably seem better as they have much higher standards of quality.
You are not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

- Tyler Durden
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 06 Oct 2014 21:32

oncleoliver wrote:It takes about 5 years to train a machinists into an exprt... another 10 years to make him a craftsman.

So doesn't matter if it's angmo hands or china hands or chocolate hands. It's the skill behind the tools... not the race or location.

Japanese probably seem better as they have much higher standards of quality.
perceived-value indeed. :( it's what hinders an industry from moving ahead from time to time.
Strap Shine by Dicon: Leather Care for Watch Straps. Nourishes | Waterproofs | Cleans
http://www.leather-care.sg/product/stra ... -by-dicon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Contact: hello@jaspe.com.sg
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 06 Oct 2014 21:34

xxccxx wrote:My bad... I assumed non-Japan is automatically from China. If no difference, would you pay top dollar for MIC Rolex, supposed if Rolex really were to move their factory to China? Or how about GS that is MIC? Sure there's no difference?
Frankly if the quality is the same it doesn't matter to me where a watch or other product is made. Sadly Rolex will never move to China, that will be suicide. GS? same thing. But I do dare to say that for many of the brands out there, e.g. Omega is rumoured to source parts of their watches to China or HK, just that final assembly, checks are carried out in Switzerland and more than 50% value is Swiss. The notion that Swiss made watch is truly really made by Swiss in Swiss in its entirety is a fantasy, at least for much of the mid tier and lower tier brands.

It's just that most Swiss players are being very opaque about this.

But it's a matter of time before more and more low to mid tier watch companies out source.
Last edited by balzebub71 on 06 Oct 2014 21:37, edited 1 time in total.
I want to be a one watch guy!!
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 06 Oct 2014 21:36

xxccxx wrote:My bad... I assumed non-Japan is automatically from China. If no difference, would you pay top dollar for MIC Rolex, supposed if Rolex really were to move their factory to China? Or how about GS that is MIC? Sure there's no difference?
Your hypothesis is very unlikely. Rolex & GS are very highend luxury goods are the pride of the Swiss & Japanese alike. Moving their plant out of their respective home country is "suicidal" to themselves. The price point of a sea-urchin compared to the most entry level Rolex, is simply too wide. Alas, it's not a good comparison, imho.
king01sg

Post by king01sg » 07 Oct 2014 08:25

if u search hard enough, one can find good deal ok!
i brought my ecozilla for 300 only from usa include shipment during discount.
how much is ecozilla now in sg? watchpetrol selling for 360 and skywatches is out of stock!
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 07 Oct 2014 08:37

I think we are off topic but i wana add on.

I'm quite sure my Daikin aircon was made in Japan and it is still working fine for more than 10 years already. I can't speak the same for my neighbour upstairs coz he changed his aircon 3 times already.

My Honda Civic is made in Japan, the headlights never develop "cataract", lol, just look at those made in Thailand Corollas and Camry, their headlights are mostly yellowish.

May be there is quite a lot of truth that MIJ is much better.
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 07 Oct 2014 08:59

chriscentro wrote:I think we are off topic but i wana add on.

I'm quite sure my Daikin aircon was made in Japan and it is still working fine for more than 10 years already. I can't speak the same for my neighbour upstairs coz he changed his aircon 3 times already.

My Honda Civic is made in Japan, the headlights never develop "cataract", lol, just look at those made in Thailand Corollas and Camry, their headlights are mostly yellowish.

May be there is quite a lot of truth that MIJ is much better.
nicely quoted. If the price difference is minimal & a K & a J is readily side by side - I'll likely take the J too. :p
valentinoryan

Post by valentinoryan » 07 Oct 2014 12:39

There's alot of online shopping options now... u can just google locally to source for the cheapest !
medacane

Post by medacane » 09 Oct 2014 01:42

telepgm wrote:
xxccxx wrote:Skywatches sgd182 (before gst) is made in china. K2 sgd180 (nett) is made in japan... go figure...
K Made in China? That's the first for me. Malaysia, Thailand & Singapore assembly I have heard of, but not China. Even so, so what? What's not made in China these days. My Obris Morgan is proudly made in China.
Agreed. Even most of my Ikea utensils are from China.
China doesnt mean bad quality. Depends on the quality control that is.
TheChef

Post by TheChef » 09 Oct 2014 11:42

China products rocks! I swear by them daily.
"Please touch your own favorite watch with your kind heart and love forever." - Ikuo Tokunaga, Chief Designer of SEIKO Dive Watches and Sports Watches