I don't care about your ultimate grail...

Seiko, Orient, Citizen, Casio and other Japanese watch companies
funky_banana

I don't care about your ultimate grail...

Post by funky_banana » 04 Apr 2012 22:45

but this is the ultimate dream.

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t= ... 1&rid=0you" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i'm sure the old birds have read this forum post many times. but every single time i read thru this post, it never fail to :o me.
so just though i can share with some of the new members.

if you think your collection is vast enough. think again. :?
remember one is never enough :lol:
Ed.YEO

Re: I don't care about your ultimate grail...

Post by Ed.YEO » 04 Apr 2012 22:50

STOP THE POISON!!!!!!

I will have to eat bananas to get such a score!
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
funky_banana

Post by funky_banana » 04 Apr 2012 22:53

Ed.YEO wrote:STOP THE POISON!!!!!!

I will have to eat bananas to get such a score!
oh please... if you wanna reach this kind of level i think eat banana skin also not enough wor :lol:
belkelbro

Post by belkelbro » 04 Apr 2012 23:36

i see until my eyes blur
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 04 Apr 2012 23:40

Oh yes, the never ending seiko flow....
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
pst666

Post by pst666 » 05 Apr 2012 02:51

Mine not even 1% from his collection

But, who knows all the behind watches are all swatch?
funky_banana

Post by funky_banana » 05 Apr 2012 09:58

pst666 wrote:Mine not even 1% from his collection

hah... can't be... there's a distinctive design that all swatch will have one.
but i dont see it in collection.

futhermore, he's a very well known collector in that forum.
and you see some of his rare birds you know he's one serious guy.
herzausstahl

Post by herzausstahl » 05 Apr 2012 10:38

wow that's serious stuff :) very impressive!
Cosmograph

Post by Cosmograph » 05 Apr 2012 10:48

Nice collection there & I am sure its awesome to have but all the more that most bros here reach for what is attainable to them and its not any less or more becoming of a watch lover depending on the number of pieces one has. Nor does it matter that one has more expensive pieces than another, its not a competition and am sure most of us will not be trying to compete (sorry if you are, i hope you'll be happy)

IMHO, I am as happy for anyone here who gets his/her first S$50 Casio, S$200 Seiko or lands a $10K GS etc (and obviously anything between or over) or whatever brand tickles them or has 1 grail or 10,000 grails. The fact that one has to showcase the entire lot of his/her collection says a lot.

This is not intended to offend anyone and if you are, my apologies. Just see so much showing off in every forum of different hobbies/passion which in itself contradicts the purpose because the value is attached to the person who has more, better, bigger, more complicated, unique, "collectible', vintage, brand etc. (think everyone gets it) :)
Enjoying Japanese, Swiss, Germans & Micros quartz or mechanical, solar/Eco or kinetic, electronic

Time is one's best friend or worst enemy. You can't stop her or contain her but you can use her or watch her go by!
funky_banana

Post by funky_banana » 05 Apr 2012 15:26

Cosmograph wrote:Nice collection there & I am sure its awesome to have but all the more that most bros here reach for what is attainable to them and its not any less or more becoming of a watch lover depending on the number of pieces one has. Nor does it matter that one has more expensive pieces than another, its not a competition and am sure most of us will not be trying to compete (sorry if you are, i hope you'll be happy)

IMHO, I am as happy for anyone here who gets his/her first S$50 Casio, S$200 Seiko or lands a $10K GS etc (and obviously anything between or over) or whatever brand tickles them or has 1 grail or 10,000 grails. The fact that one has to showcase the entire lot of his/her collection says a lot.

This is not intended to offend anyone and if you are, my apologies. Just see so much showing off in every forum of different hobbies/passion which in itself contradicts the purpose because the value is attached to the person who has more, better, bigger, more complicated, unique, "collectible', vintage, brand etc. (think everyone gets it) :)
oh yes i agree with you.
its definitely not the matter of how many watches you have or how expensive they are.
like they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. some might like your collection, some might think its crap. but its how you appreciate them as what it is. (regards of history, design or simply mechanic wise etc.)

i think the message here is to keep up the spirit of sharing what you have?... instead of showing off your own collection.
(or perhaps its the singapore mentality that we are always out to hao lian?) :?

and i'm pretty sure most of the members here are keep that up, i've been to a few gathering myself and proud to say that most of them here are very humble person. they are most willingly to let you try his watch despite the price of it (i've witness how some collector are so protective of their watch they refused to let others try) :roll:
pst666

Post by pst666 » 05 Apr 2012 16:08

funky_banana wrote:
pst666 wrote:Mine not even 1% from his collection

hah... can't be... there's a distinctive design that all swatch will have one.
but i dont see it in collection.

futhermore, he's a very well known collector in that forum.
and you see some of his rare birds you know he's one serious guy.
yha, last night i never really click the link

now i keep looking!

wondering how to check which one working properly and those need servicing....for sure need big cash to maintain this kind of collection.

and what he shows in only seiko....if he can afford GS, i believe he have some swiss watches then.

any other links? lol :mrgreen:
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 06 Apr 2012 10:30

pst666 wrote: wondering how to check which one working properly and those need servicing....for sure need big cash to maintain this kind of collection.
I think once you reach his amount of collection, it's probably worth the time and effort to pick up some skills to service and repair on your own.. :)
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/

Post by 004 » 09 Dec 2012 17:26

Late reply , well spoken "cosmograph" .
Vinc04

Post by Vinc04 » 09 Dec 2012 17:33

I think my family will disown me as the husband and dad when I reach this state! Hahahhahahah...
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 09 Dec 2012 17:37

As pointed out by Brudder Banana... i have to keep on having Bananas for my meals.
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
will.iam

Post by will.iam » 11 Dec 2012 15:02

This is one hell of a massive collection! :shock:
站在十字路口
Sawtooth97

Post by Sawtooth97 » 25 Feb 2013 17:14

Cosmograph wrote:Nice collection there & I am sure its awesome to have but all the more that most bros here reach for what is attainable to them and its not any less or more becoming of a watch lover depending on the number of pieces one has. Nor does it matter that one has more expensive pieces than another, its not a competition and am sure most of us will not be trying to compete (sorry if you are, i hope you'll be happy)

I second to what you said above. It is simple for me, as long as we can afford it and love that piece of watch why even bother how others are doing. You never win them all. Cheers!