I bought a professional diver's work watch (Tuna content)...

Seiko, Orient, Citizen, Casio and other Japanese watch companies
mariod

I bought a professional diver's work watch (Tuna content)...

Post by mariod » 24 Jan 2012 18:20

This vintage 600m golden Tuna 7549-7009 arrived today. According to the seller it has been his work watch for the last decades as diver working at the royal navy underwater escape training unit. Looking at what arrived today I have no reason to doubt his words ( :shock: ). The battery ran out recently (I just did a quick check; the crown operates as it should and the day/date changes at midnight) and I wasn't able to remove two of the non-oem replacement screws using very soft force. As I don't want to damage anything, I'll leave it up to a professional to remove the screws (I really hope this won't cause any problems). Time will tell if I did right buying this Tuna so lets proceed with the pictures....

I'd be happy to read your comments...
Rgds.
Mario
magna_strike

Re: I bought a professional diver's work watch (Tuna content

Post by magna_strike » 24 Jan 2012 23:02

very nice watch! hope u can get the battery changed though.u planning to bring it to seiko for a battery replacement i suppose?
Osc13

Post by Osc13 » 25 Jan 2012 00:14

You might wanna get price quote from mr.goh (K2 watches) regarding the battery, just let him know your cal. and he'll tell you whether he's got the battery in stock or not, it's cheaper than tong sia at orchard..

Epic lookin piece bro, wear it in good health.. Thx for sharing
mariod

Post by mariod » 25 Jan 2012 00:35

magna_strike wrote:very nice watch! hope u can get the battery changed though.u planning to bring it to seiko for a battery replacement i suppose?
Osc13 wrote:You might wanna get price quote from mr.goh (K2 watches) regarding the battery, just let him know your cal. and he'll tell you whether he's got the battery in stock or not, it's cheaper than tong sia at orchard..

Epic lookin piece bro, wear it in good health.. Thx for sharing
Thanks. As I am located in Germany, I asked a local forum member and Seiko (Tuna) Collector for help. He has some parts in stock and he is going to help me regarding a battery change and a service... let's keep fingers crossed that this wabi'd Tuna will be working again with a fresh battery installed :mrgreen:
Rgds.
Mario
sinner1974

Post by sinner1974 » 25 Jan 2012 09:18

wow nice! full of character!

hope it turn out well after the battery change.

U are in Germany? must be damn cheap to get a Sinn direct from Frankfurt
big-e-294

Post by big-e-294 » 25 Jan 2012 10:57

wow!
the shroud really holds up to the abuse... i'm impressed.

i like the fading on the bezel too, the gold had rubbed off, exposing the s/s... very even wear.

if this was mine, i would change the batt, gaskets and crystal... nothing else.
congrats and wear in good health!