Questions about marine master 300...

Seiko, Orient, Citizen, Casio and other Japanese watch companies
tjh07

Re: Questions about marine master 300...

Post by tjh07 » 10 Jul 2013 09:19

Thanks to all senior bros for their honest feedback. Think I will ask Shaggy if he still has stock and purchase from him...
KKFA

Post by KKFA » 10 Jul 2013 15:56

I think he has some new stocks. Enjoy the wacth where ever u decide to get it from.
Cheers.
shaggyangel

Post by shaggyangel » 10 Jul 2013 17:36

KKFA wrote:Shaggyangel definitely reliable. From personal experience, he will go out of his way to help if there is a problem with your purchase. Though I have not tried at TS but his warranties are stamped by Indonesia AD and are international warranties. Read somewhere that a member had no problems with the warranty at TS.
Thank you for your feedback bro :) Appreciate it.
shaggyangel

Post by shaggyangel » 10 Jul 2013 17:39

bish wrote:Big time was selling at 3050 until a few mths back when yen dropped, then now 7% off across the board excluding discounts for regulars. I enquired abt shaggy bros pieces there, one sales person mentioned abt questionable movement replacements done in indo. It could just be his sales talk, but at only abt 300 dollars difference currently i rather have a piece of mind by buying local set :)

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk 2
Let me clarify to you bro. My SBDX001, is really brand new. I get it from the Indonesian AD,and rightaway do the transaction (face to face deal) in Singapore with my customers. What you should have known is it is not easy to replace the movement, and infact to replace the movement or to open the case, it must be sent to Japan. If you are not happy with my price, then you can just go for local set :) I am here to offer MM300 with competitive price.

Thank you.
shaggyangel

Post by shaggyangel » 10 Jul 2013 17:40

Cosmograph wrote:So far, Shaggy has been straight up and I believe some other SC member had also gotten a GS from him.(among others getting Seikos) No issues at all, he sent his GS to TS to be sent for servicing in Japan. All ok. I can understand the concern from getting from shaggy and best is if you are not comfortable, don't buy so that you have a peace of mind. Fakes will always be present in any industry. If you feel more comfortable getting from BT, by all means go ahead. You want to be sure its a genuine Seiko, buy from TS. International Warranty card stamped too. Even BT cannot give you that warranty card(international Seiko) as their Seikos are mostly JDM sets (with in-house warranty).

From a business perspective, it is unethical to bad mouth your competition and that imho is the worst thing one can do. It may be unintentional but no amount of explanation can satisfy why one needs to stoop to so low levels. Opinions expressed because of a personal encounter is another matter altogether.

As to fakes, there are lots of 'franken' seikos out there which cost <S$150 and sold as original Seiko. Would that be considered a fake to you? Or it has to have only original parts/serviced and replaced by only Seiko AD than its considered original? As long as you are happy with your product, price you paid, decision you made to either buy or walk away after doing all your research( including asking around and having friends help etc), that is what matters ultimately. Getting cheated for $50 or $50,000 is the same. (Of course one can always argue about the amount but that is a purely subjective matter altogether).
Thank you for your support, bro :) Really appreciate it.
shaggyangel

Post by shaggyangel » 10 Jul 2013 17:41

Evirobie wrote:To be fair to Shaggy.

I did also get a SBDX007 from him as well. Went to TS to do a water test and gasket replacement as well.

So far so good.
Thank you bro for the feedback. Really appreciate it.
KKFA

Post by KKFA » 10 Jul 2013 22:55

shaggyangel wrote:
KKFA wrote:Shaggyangel definitely reliable. From personal experience, he will go out of his way to help if there is a problem with your purchase. Though I have not tried at TS but his warranties are stamped by Indonesia AD and are international warranties. Read somewhere that a member had no problems with the warranty at TS.
Thank you for your feedback bro :) Appreciate it.
No worries bro. Just keep giving us great deals. Cheers.
bish

Post by bish » 10 Jul 2013 23:04

shaggyangel wrote:
bish wrote:Big time was selling at 3050 until a few mths back when yen dropped, then now 7% off across the board excluding discounts for regulars. I enquired abt shaggy bros pieces there, one sales person mentioned abt questionable movement replacements done in indo. It could just be his sales talk, but at only abt 300 dollars difference currently i rather have a piece of mind by buying local set :)

Let me clarify to you bro. My SBDX001, is really brand new. I get it from the Indonesian AD,and rightaway do the transaction (face to face deal) in Singapore with my customers. What you should have known is it is not easy to replace the movement, and infact to replace the movement or to open the case, it must be sent to Japan. If you are not happy with my price, then you can just go for local set :) I am here to offer MM300 with competitive price.

Thank you.
No prob bro :grin: not accusing u of anything. Just putting what i heard out... no other motives ah..

tjh07

Post by tjh07 » 13 Jul 2013 21:47

My hoot from bro shaggy angel...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Funny story. My lovely wife knew I wanted a SBDX001 and, without telling me, contacted bro shaggy angel as well to enquire about purchasing one for me as a surprise! Only when I confirmed with bro shaggy angel and told my wife then we found out what happened.

If you are reading this, sorry again bro!
bish

Post by bish » 13 Jul 2013 21:49

Vvv nice :D

Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 13 Jul 2013 22:24

shaggyangel wrote:

Thank you.
Bro. Does this mean for serbicing must send back japan or ad also?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 13 Jul 2013 22:27

Wah congrats.. so nice of your wife..
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
vanquish129

Post by vanquish129 » 13 Jul 2013 23:33

Got an MM300 too from Shaggyangel. He shipped the watch to Manila without a hitch. Its brand new with plastic cover, hang tag, box and everything that comes with a new watch including filled up warranty card at the time of my purchase. So far I'm enjoying it.

Sent via iPhone
KKFA

Post by KKFA » 14 Jul 2013 02:26

Congrats, wear it in good health! Its a great watch!
Elveez

Post by Elveez » 14 Jul 2013 11:48

A wise man told me once - buy the seller, not the product.
I got my MM300 a while back, I think even before it proliferated here in Singapore - and got it straight from Higuchi.
It's been on my wrist through my gym sessions, beach holidays, and everyday showers (yes, I damn suaku one) and it is still ticking strong about 4-5 years later.
I then proceeded to buy my Darth Tuna SBDX011 from Higuchi too.
What if I want to get them serviced? Well, I would visit pay a visit to Thong Sia and then to my trusted watchmaker and then make a decision :-)
CoolieND

Post by CoolieND » 14 Jul 2013 16:34

Jeryltan wrote:
shaggyangel wrote:Let me clarify to you bro. My SBDX001, is really brand new. I get it from the Indonesian AD,and rightaway do the transaction (face to face deal) in Singapore with my customers. What you should have known is it is not easy to replace the movement, and infact to replace the movement or to open the case, it must be sent to Japan. If you are not happy with my price, then you can just go for local set :) I am here to offer MM300 with competitive price.

Thank you.
International warranty should be accepted by TS, and they will then have the watch sent back to Japan for any servicing required, but that's a decision only TS can make. If it is not under warranty, however, you do pick up the bill for the shipping...
ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 14 Jul 2013 16:44

Elveez wrote:A wise man told me once - buy the seller, not the product.
I got my MM300 a while back, I think even before it proliferated here in Singapore - and got it straight from Higuchi.
It's been on my wrist through my gym sessions, beach holidays, and everyday showers (yes, I damn suaku one) and it is still ticking strong about 4-5 years later.
I then proceeded to buy my Darth Tuna SBDX011 from Higuchi too.
What if I want to get them serviced? Well, I would visit pay a visit to Thong Sia and then to my trusted watchmaker and then make a decision :-)
Errr....
Sbdx011 is called emperor tuna
Sbbn011/13 is called darth tuna
Ps ps

sent from the DARK side
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 14 Jul 2013 16:58

CoolieND wrote:
Jeryltan wrote:
International warranty should be accepted by TS, and they will then have the watch sent back to Japan for any servicing required, but that's a decision only TS can make. If it is not under warranty, however, you do pick up the bill for the shipping...
I meant normal srvcg. Nt repair :) shaggy mention must send back to jp to open? Meang i can,t just go k2 or smth fr norm srvcg? I,m intendg to get 1 soonr or ltr but if srvcg needs go back ts or jp then i,d hv to think twice

ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 14 Jul 2013 17:04

Jeryltan wrote:
CoolieND wrote:
I meant normal srvcg. Nt repair :) shaggy mention must send back to jp to open? Meang i can,t just go k2 or smth fr norm srvcg? I,m intendg to get 1 soonr or ltr but if srvcg needs go back ts or jp then i,d hv to think twice

IMO, K2 is fine
But, this is my personal opinion.
Ah Goh serviced all my watches cos I m comfortable with him.

If you wanna send back to japan or back to TS. And feel that this is hindering your decision then, buy from AD.

Cheers

sent from the DARK side
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 14 Jul 2013 17:06

ivan wrote:
Jeryltan wrote:

IMO, K2 is fine
But, this is my personal opinion.
Ah Goh serviced all my watches cos I m comfortable with him.

If you wanna send back to japan or back to TS. And feel that this is hindering your decision then, buy from AD.

Cheers

sent from the DARK side
I think u misuderstood. I meant if it can,t be svc by norm shops like k2 then i,d hv to think twice. Sendg back to ts or jp is gg to cost a kidney or a lung :)