My First Monster

Seiko, Orient, Citizen, Casio and other Japanese watch companies
bluffer

My First Monster

Post by bluffer » 29 Jun 2013 17:00

The Seiko Monster seems like a must-have for dive watch lovers. However, it did not appeal to me completely like the SKX007 or SARB017 that I own. I felt that the new generation of Monsters are a step up in terms of design and movement vs the old generation, but still didn't pull the trigger.

And then the Blue Monster Limited Edition SRP455K1 came along and I was convinced that I had to get one. Maybe I was drawn to the blue and gold combination which adds a touch of elegance to this sport watch. No luck at Mustafa when I went down to take a look and after reading the forums, seems like this model has sold out in Singapore.

But I saw it while out and about at JB City Square today and after getting the wife's blessing, I have it on my wrist now (pretty decent price too I must say)! And I think it looks great and easier on the eye compared to the standard Monsters. According to the shop, it is the one and only piece they had. I suppose I was lucky and probably it's not so sought after over there?

Here's a wrist shot to share with you guys. Have a great weekend and feel free to share your photos as well.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Re: My First Monster

Post by 004 » 29 Jun 2013 17:40

Blue LE Monster's are proving to be very popular of late , enjoy your new Seiko ;)
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 29 Jun 2013 18:04

bluffer wrote:The Seiko Monster seems like a must-have for dive watch lovers. However, it did not appeal to me completely like the SKX007 or SARB017 that I own. I felt that the new generation of Monsters are a step up in terms of design and movement vs the old generation, but still didn't pull the trigger.

And then the Blue Monster Limited Edition SRP455K1 came along and I was convinced that I had to get one. Maybe I was drawn to the blue and gold combination which adds a touch of elegance to this sport watch. No luck at Mustafa when I went down to take a look and after reading the forums, seems like this model has sold out in Singapore.

But I saw it while out and about at JB City Square today and after getting the wife's blessing, I have it on my wrist now (pretty decent price too I must say)! And I think it looks great and easier on the eye compared to the standard Monsters. According to the shop, it is the one and only piece they had. I suppose I was lucky and probably it's not so sought after over there?

Here's a wrist shot to share with you guys. Have a great weekend and feel free to share your photos as well.

Congrats bro. Can share where you bought in jb n the px? Did they have the other 3 models?
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 29 Jun 2013 18:38

Gxgx!
bluffer

Post by bluffer » 30 Jun 2013 00:04

Thanks guys. I bought it from Million Precision Time. I remember they have the other two land models (the ones with bearings).

fireal

Post by fireal » 30 Jun 2013 09:04

Great looking piece, I'm still rocking out my orange monster

Sent from my HTC One X+
Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't
own it, but you can use it. You can't keep
it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it
you can never get it back.
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 30 Jun 2013 09:57

bluffer wrote:Thanks guys. I bought it from Million Precision Time. I remember they have the other two land models (the ones with bearings).

Which part of jb is that? And the px?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
bish

Post by bish » 30 Jun 2013 10:40

Jeryltan wrote:
bluffer wrote:Thanks guys. I bought it from Million Precision Time. I remember they have the other two land models (the ones with bearings).

City square.. the one near the customs right?

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk 2
TheChef

Post by TheChef » 30 Jun 2013 10:57

bish wrote:
Jeryltan wrote:

City square.. the one near the customs right?

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk 2
Yes, there is a direct bus from Yishun Bus Interchange. Bus Number is AC3 to City Square. Very convenient.
"Please touch your own favorite watch with your kind heart and love forever." - Ikuo Tokunaga, Chief Designer of SEIKO Dive Watches and Sports Watches
Advancer

Post by Advancer » 30 Jun 2013 11:19

What was the damage?
Quasimodo

Post by Quasimodo » 30 Jun 2013 12:26

Nice looking!!! Hmmm almost tempted to rethink my avoidance of monsters.
I don't seem to have enough wrists. :)
bluffer

Post by bluffer » 30 Jun 2013 13:03

Yes, in City Square shopping mall. That's the closest one to the JB customs. They have other branches also I think (I saw it from the paper bag they gave me). You may want to take a look at the TS AD list below and probably call them up to check stock?

http://www.thongsia.com.my/content/deal ... tate=Johor" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyway, I paid close to 900 ringgit. Probably end up slightly higher than Mustafa's price but I couldn't resist. Also, more sensible than what I read about some shops selling at list price or higher now.
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 30 Jun 2013 14:20

bluffer wrote:Yes, in City Square shopping mall. That's the closest one to the JB customs. They have other branches also I think (I saw it from the paper bag they gave me). You may want to take a look at the TS AD list below and probably call them up to check stock?

http://www.thongsia.com.my/content/deal ... tate=Johor" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyway, I paid close to 900 ringgit. Probably end up slightly higher than Mustafa's price but I couldn't resist. Also, more sensible than what I read about some shops selling at list price or higher now.
900rm slightly high but still sounds reasonable. Hm, i wonder how,s the jam now :p

bluffer

Post by bluffer » 30 Jun 2013 15:00

Going over should be ok but I reckon coming back into Singapore, the jam will be bad since today's the last day of school holiday

TheChef

Post by TheChef » 30 Jun 2013 15:07

Jeryltan wrote:
bluffer wrote:Yes, in City Square shopping mall. That's the closest one to the JB customs. They have other branches also I think (I saw it from the paper bag they gave me). You may want to take a look at the TS AD list below and probably call them up to check stock?

900rm slightly high but still sounds reasonable. Hm, i wonder how,s the jam now :p

RM900 is a very good price bro. Go on Tuesday morning. No jam.
"Please touch your own favorite watch with your kind heart and love forever." - Ikuo Tokunaga, Chief Designer of SEIKO Dive Watches and Sports Watches
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 30 Jun 2013 16:13

bluffer wrote:Going over should be ok but I reckon coming back into Singapore, the jam will be bad since today's the last day of school holiday

Saw the camera. It,s gg over thats very jam. Lol.

bluffer

Post by bluffer » 30 Jun 2013 17:44

Haha, now jam from sg to jb. When it is time to come back, it will be jam from jb to sg. Looks like not wise to go over today. :D

telepgm

Post by telepgm » 13 Jul 2013 13:18

Blue Sunburst Monster?!? *rubbing my eyes* You serious? Got Shadow or not?!?

Wow, did Thongsia or Mr. Goh ever brought them in?

One real rocking rare monster. Congrats on your purchase.
Strap Shine by Dicon: Leather Care for Watch Straps. Nourishes | Waterproofs | Cleans
http://www.leather-care.sg/product/stra ... -by-dicon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Contact: hello@jaspe.com.sg
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 13 Jul 2013 13:57

telepgm wrote:Blue Sunburst Monster?!? *rubbing my eyes* You serious? Got Shadow or not?!?

Encik GOH's stocks sold off very quickly when his supply came in few weeks ago. Price wise, not so big difference compare to what you may see in Mustafa center. Local ThongSia stocks very pricing controlled.
Parallel import stocks not yet into SG, no sight of them in the open. So even if you go K2 and ask... you'll get answers with disappointment.
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
bluffer

Post by bluffer » 14 Jul 2013 08:29

telepgm wrote:Blue Sunburst Monster?!? *rubbing my eyes* You serious? Got Shadow or not?!?

Thanks bro. Yes, it was the color that pulled me in... Sold out almost everywhere in Singapore.