Question... Anyone play Seiko Shogun..

Seiko, Orient, Citizen, Casio and other Japanese watch companies
Threeemperor

Question... Anyone play Seiko Shogun..

Post by Threeemperor » 08 Jul 2013 09:23

Hi Guys,

Anyone have the above? Is it justify to have it as it is price in between Sumo & MM300?
What make you get it please share as i tempted to get 1 myself :)
What about the diashield??

Thank you.

6R15 (23 Jewels) with manual and self - winding function
Automatic movement
Titanium case & bracelet with the scratch proof finish (Dia-Shield)
Hardlex crystal
Lumibrite available
+25/-15 sec per day accuracy
200m Water resistant
Anti-magnetic
50 Hours power reserve
Diameter 44 mm without crown
Thickness 13.3 mm
Weight 105g
Screw-down crown
big-e-294

Re: Question... Anyone play Seiko Shogun..

Post by big-e-294 » 08 Jul 2013 13:44

Nope

Sent from my Commodore 64
Rabbit

Post by Rabbit » 08 Jul 2013 23:05

funny u should ask, i was just looking at it the other day.

im kinda intrigued by it.

hey threemperor, what u think about the monster hands? does it look out of place? its kind of a deal breaker for me.

sent using my underwood no.5
TheChef

Post by TheChef » 09 Jul 2013 20:47

I will give this a miss. Don't quite fancy the hands on this model.
"Please touch your own favorite watch with your kind heart and love forever." - Ikuo Tokunaga, Chief Designer of SEIKO Dive Watches and Sports Watches
MeePokMan

Post by MeePokMan » 11 Jul 2013 10:15

TheChef wrote:I will give this a miss. Don't quite fancy the hands on this model.
same here.

but it looks nice after modded with a new set of hands :mrgreen:

Cosmograph

Post by Cosmograph » 11 Jul 2013 10:50

Threeemperor wrote:Hi Guys,

Anyone have the above? Is it justify to have it as it is price in between Sumo & MM300?
What make you get it please share as i tempted to get 1 myself :)
What about the diashield??

Thank you.

6R15 (23 Jewels) with manual and self - winding function
Automatic movement
Titanium case & bracelet with the scratch proof finish (Dia-Shield)
Hardlex crystal
Lumibrite available
+25/-15 sec per day accuracy
200m Water resistant
Anti-magnetic
50 Hours power reserve
Diameter 44 mm without crown
Thickness 13.3 mm
Weight 105g
Screw-down crown

Unfortunately, many "seiko" enthusiasts feel that the pricing does not justify the upgrade and as someone said in WUS before but for a comparable Swiss brand, they would willingly fork out anywhere from 2X-4/5X the Shogun price. :(

I personally do not have a Shogun because it is not as easily available as the Sumo and I have not been able to get my hands on either the SBDC 009 or neither did they launch a Blue one like the SBDC003. I personally prefer the smaller fonts on the bezel, the 12 o'çlock marker looks much better too . And with the above mod, it enhances the look even more. (But then again almost any mod with MM300 hands look good. :lol: )
Enjoying Japanese, Swiss, Germans & Micros quartz or mechanical, solar/Eco or kinetic, electronic

Time is one's best friend or worst enemy. You can't stop her or contain her but you can use her or watch her go by!
Solanum88

Post by Solanum88 » 11 Jul 2013 11:24

I like the Shogun's design, the monster hands are fine and I think its a nice conservative diver compared to the Sumo which is abit loud with its bold bezel.
I would think the shogun would be a hit if it was priced nearer towards the Sumo. At the Shogun's price point I think many would rather consider saving abit more and try to score a used MM300 which has alot more to offer specs wise.
Threeemperor

Post by Threeemperor » 11 Jul 2013 13:17

Rabbit wrote:funny u should ask, i was just looking at it the other day.

im kinda intrigued by it.

hey threemperor, what u think about the monster hands? does it look out of place? its kind of a deal breaker for me.
monster style hands but maybe diff outline.. Yet to see one real life yet

Understand those pointers are that pointed out. Just curious not many seen even in Wruw thread, guess it not 1 watch that fancy us yet.

" a shotgun owner will not like mm, a mm owner will not like shotgun "
TheChef

Post by TheChef » 11 Jul 2013 16:22

MeePokMan wrote:
TheChef wrote:I will give this a miss. Don't quite fancy the hands on this model.
same here.

but it looks nice after modded with a new set of hands :mrgreen:

This is nice.
"Please touch your own favorite watch with your kind heart and love forever." - Ikuo Tokunaga, Chief Designer of SEIKO Dive Watches and Sports Watches
Piano_Guy

Post by Piano_Guy » 13 Jul 2013 13:40

Is the glass domed or flat?
CoolieND

Post by CoolieND » 14 Jul 2013 15:22

Cosmograph wrote:Unfortunately, many "seiko" enthusiasts feel that the pricing does not justify the upgrade and as someone said in WUS before but for a comparable Swiss brand, they would willingly fork out anywhere from 2X-4/5X the Shogun price. :(

I personally do not have a Shogun because it is not as easily available as the Sumo and I have not been able to get my hands on either the SBDC 009 or neither did they launch a Blue one like the SBDC003. I personally prefer the smaller fonts on the bezel, the 12 o'çlock marker looks much better too . And with the above mod, it enhances the look even more. (But then again almost any mod with MM300 hands look good. :lol: )
The problem is Seiko still had the awesome Samurai being offered up through less than 5 years ago. The Samurai had an MSRP of JPY 42000 new, and got cleared out at well cheaper towards the end of its production cycle. The Shogun retails at Y90,000+.

How much better of a watch is the Shogun as compared to the Samurai? The main difference is the 6R movement vs the Samurai's 7S25, but in terms of finish? Then again, I prefer the look of the Samurai vs. a Shogun, so... :mrgreen: (of course, current $1000+ prices for NOS Samurais are a bit... :|)

(PS. I don't buy Swiss watches, so... :P)