Orient watch repairs/servicing at big time watches

Seiko, Orient, Citizen, Casio and other Japanese watch companies
phantom150

Orient watch repairs/servicing at big time watches

Post by phantom150 » 18 Jul 2013 09:42

As per topic,

anybody brought in their orient watches to big time for repair or servicing before?

i'm not talking about buying new watches at all!

My yellow revolver had some issue with the rolling date couple of weeks ago, found the date could not roll over at 12am. however the quickset at 1st notch of the crown works.

i sent in the watch to big time 2 friday ago, late afternoon. The Filipino lady at the shop took the watch and issue me with a printed slip of acknowledgement, saying it will at anything $30 and above and will try their local watchmaker 1st. else may need to send out of sg. Said will call me back by next week.

Next week was last week and gone.
i called them yesterday(10 days from the day i sent in), then said need to send to HK to service.
Ask for cost?? again $30 n above!! I asked her, if it comes back and becomes 300 or some funny figures, then what can i do??
So she said she will find out and call me back. the call later said it was $50.says need to send to hk to service.(i dun think its for movement service, more like to replace the rolling date gear and shipping fees to and fro, my assumption)

But she left out leadtime, again i called back, its 6-8 weeks, from the day they send the watch. I ask to hold while i decide 1st.

Specifically, i want your experiences with them on servicing only.

I do know many ppl here have good things to say about them on selling new watches, Yeoman sic quite some new orients from time to time.

personally i have more than a handful of current orient and vintage orient.

I quite like and would likely have more orients in time to come.

K2 can only service and has parts for the vintage . IN this case, he says would likely need parts, thus he cant do much as well.

Did a google, most of the results came from yeoman's webby on the new release, there was 1other result that bog me down a bit from wus.
the similar part was he sent in the watch and after months, after the agreed time, no call was initiated to him on the status.

only after his post on wus or it seems to be , did they step up the efforts to follow up.

i hope to hear more from ppl here who had watch servicing/repair experiences with them b4 i decide. the wus post seems to be isolated i hope???
Looking for m/c ebc brake pads and k&n air filter, PM me.
Jeryltan

Re: Orient watch repairs/servicing at big time watches

Post by Jeryltan » 18 Jul 2013 10:48

Honestly i don,t think there,s any1 else in sgp can bring parts fr orient as bigtime is the only agent? Imo, you don,t habe much of a choice anyway, apart fm sending back to orient yourself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
big-e-294

Post by big-e-294 » 18 Jul 2013 13:18

For Christmas in 2011 I bought my wife a nice ladies Orient Star dress watch.

Then in Aug 2012, while on holiday, my wife mentioned that her watch was running 30-40 mins fast. She wears it everyday and I figured it could be the compounded daily rate error from since the last time i adjusted the time for her. But she told me that it was the correct time the day before.
Just to be sure, i set the time according to my phone and monitored it. Sure enough the next day it was running way ahead of time. I tried it again - set time, and the next day it ran super slow... weird.

Once back in SG, I brought it to BT since it was under warranty.
They told me that they will need to check and any repairs will take 6-8 weeks.
No issue for me.... 9 weeks passed and not call from them. So i called up and they told me they do not know the status of my watch.
Said they will call me back. but they never did.
2 days later I had to call them again.. on the phone they said they will check and call me back. This time they called me back, but only to tell me that my watch is in HK being repaired and will take 6-8 weeks.

I told her that I've waited 9 weeks already and i still have to wait another 6-8 weeks? they just told me that they will expedite asap.
I had my brother's wedding to attend in Dec and my wife was hoping to get her watch back. But it wasn't to be.

In the end, I was only able to collect the watch sometime in January iirc. This watch took 5 months to be repaired.
No reason was given on what was wrong and no apology for the delay.

Anyway, that's my experience.
Maybe I was unlucky and caught them at a busy time? Who knows.
I know a lot of bros here have good dealings with BT, but sad to say, I wasn't impressed with their after-sales service.
I just take it as a learning experience.

I hope your experience will be different to mine bro phantom.
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 18 Jul 2013 14:10

Hmmm, I know there's an orient star GMT that went in and out like 3 times on a loose rotor...
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
MeePokMan

Post by MeePokMan » 18 Jul 2013 14:32

big-e-294 wrote: This watch took 5 months to be repaired.

Took 5 mths to repair is unacceptable. :evil:

unless Big Time guy drove all the way to Japan's Orient Service Centre in their road trip event and withstood the long driving hours. :? :lol:
MeePokMan

Post by MeePokMan » 18 Jul 2013 14:41

roo7 wrote:Hmmm, I know there's an orient star GMT that went in and out like 3 times on a loose rotor...
Hmmm...only you know?
big-e-294

Post by big-e-294 » 18 Jul 2013 14:45

MeePokMan wrote:
big-e-294 wrote: This watch took 5 months to be repaired.

Took 5 mths to repair is unacceptable. :evil:

unless Big Time guy drove all the way to Japan's Orient Service Centre in their road trip event and withstood the long driving hours. :? :lol:
I believe it's HK not Japan

Sent from The Force
xzqt

Post by xzqt » 18 Jul 2013 15:58

I can live with the date problem, sell the yellow revolver to me cheap. (joking).

Sorry to hear about the problem, thought BT has an in-house tech dept ?
phantom150

Post by phantom150 » 18 Jul 2013 16:26

Jeryltan wrote:Honestly i don,t think there,s any1 else in sgp can bring parts fr orient as bigtime is the only agent? Imo, you don,t habe much of a choice anyway, apart fm sending back to orient yourself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Think only some repairs they do in sg, by their own appointed watchmaker.

in the 3 cases here, they usually sent out, Bro Big E's and mine to HK specifically .

the worst i intended to was to keep the watch as it is(just manually adjust the date through quick set) if the repairs will cost up to 3 digit.

Luckily its half of 3 digit, considering the shipment cost , i think its okie if it returns in due time promised.
phantom150

Post by phantom150 » 18 Jul 2013 16:44

the Filipino lady called me today while i was sleeping from night shift.

anyway, i called back, she had called to follow up if i wanted to proceed as she has a outgoing shipment soon, if sent out today, it will take much faster than the usual time, roughly 2 weeks. She will follow up with me on this.

So i said yes, she explained its $50 flat for my case as its an Orient star grade, normal $30 onwards applies to normal orient.

No issue with the price, i just want a fixed watch back by promised time.

Overall, still a fair experience so far.

I hope i can write something good/positive at the end of the day when i get back my watch.

i still maintain wat i said, Orient have quite some nice decent designs, i hope to add on more to go in days to come. the local after sales service plays a big part.

Kawasaki motorcycles sales in Singapore suffers due to poor after sales, parts inventory .Kawa have bikes that are on par with the other big 3, in misa, Kawa big bikes are commonly seen in gatherings, compared to sg.
phantom150

Post by phantom150 » 18 Jul 2013 16:46

xzqt wrote:I can live with the date problem, sell the yellow revolver to me cheap. (joking).

i can too, just that its a bit pesky to adjust the date manually, knowing it should be able to roll over :lol:

NOt sure abt the in house tech dept, mine is going to HK as they said , same as Bro Big e's
big-e-294

Post by big-e-294 » 18 Jul 2013 18:13

phantom150 wrote:
xzqt wrote:I can live with the date problem, sell the yellow revolver to me cheap. (joking).

i can too, just that its a bit pesky to adjust the date manually, knowing it should be able to roll over :lol:

NOt sure abt the in house tech dept, mine is going to HK as they said , same as Bro Big e's
Good to know they are being pro active for u.

Sent from The Force
Astro2212

Post by Astro2212 » 18 Jul 2013 20:39

OT...yah kawa sg sucks ttm!!!
Hope bt is better in terms of aftrsales
ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 18 Jul 2013 20:50

Astro2212 wrote:OT...yah kawa sg sucks ttm!!!
OT
Whats kawa sg?

End of OT

sent from the DARK side
MeePokMan

Post by MeePokMan » 18 Jul 2013 21:07

ivan wrote:
Astro2212 wrote:OT...yah kawa sg sucks ttm!!!
OT
Whats kawa sg?

End of OT

sent from the DARK side

Ka wa ji la ka Ho la ka. piak piak piak Ho bu chee ka bu chee ba.

Sorry low batt. roger out.

Sent from kawa-7800 walkie talkie
ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 18 Jul 2013 21:28

MeePokMan wrote:
ivan wrote:
OT
Whats kawa sg?

End of OT

sent from the DARK side

Ka wa ji la ka Ho la ka. piak piak piak Ho bu chee ka bu chee ba.

Sorry low batt. roger out.

Sent from kawa-7800 walkie talkie
OT

What talking you?

End OT

sent from the DARK side
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 19 Jul 2013 00:52

MeePokMan wrote:
roo7 wrote:Hmmm, I know there's an orient star GMT that went in and out like 3 times on a loose rotor...
Hmmm...only you know?
Haha everybody know I guess haha.

Can't rem the member nick who posted. :(

Whispered through the enchanted forest.
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
CoolieND

Post by CoolieND » 19 Jul 2013 09:33

They had to send my OS300 back to Japan for servicing due to the crown being unable to push back in. Took a little while, but overall was satisfied with the service.

Here's an old thread on BT and servicing, may have been some bad, but mostly good. Overall, think there is no reason to worry. (Btw, Badern had a similar issue whith his OS200... hmmm.)

roo7 wrote:
MeePokMan wrote:Hmmm...only you know?
Haha everybody know I guess haha.

Can't rem the member nick who posted. :(
Was stepper, rotor got stuck a couple of times. Think they eventually sorted it out for him.
mudskipper

Post by mudskipper » 23 Jul 2013 10:44

Hi

I just sent my Orient GMT in. Slight slip on the 24H bezel. I can deal with it by just keeping a tension pull on the bezel crown and turn, but I'd like it smooth as original, so I sent it in. Minimum of $18 will be charged. My first encounter has been pleasant. The Customer Service lady called me a few days later to say that they can't fix it here in SG and have to send it to HK. I was prepared for it. I confirmed that they will check with me on cost before proceeding with the service, they said they will.

She said it will take 2 months. I agreed.

I look forward to receiving it back on time.

I'll continue my report here when the case closes.

Cheers
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 23 Jul 2013 12:06

Do we have to pay if the watch is still under warranty?