Is BIG TIME's price for Orient Star most competitive

Seiko, Orient, Citizen, Casio and other Japanese watch companies
ae121

Is BIG TIME's price for Orient Star most competitive

Post by ae121 » 11 Nov 2013 11:08

Hi guys

I was fiddling with a Orient Star GMT last week at mustafa and was a bit captivated. Then I went over to bencoolen to get a gift for a colleague who is leaving and saw Orient Star again at Win's.

I know BIG TIME is the local distributor and some of us do get our watches from them.

Would BIG TIME have the most competitive price for Orient Star?
balzebub71

Re: Is BIG TIME's price for Orient Star most competitive

Post by balzebub71 » 11 Nov 2013 11:18

i am curious as well, i have a feeling Big Time's discount not the highest?
I want to be a one watch guy!!
Cosmograph

Post by Cosmograph » 11 Nov 2013 13:21

That's really subjective. If they as the AD undercut their local retailers, they will die. If they are not as competitive AS THE CHEAPEST, certain ppl complain. If you are in their shoes, what would you do. Tho prices MAY be a little higher, their service when you go more than makes up for it. The choice to buy is yours. If you walk into any major Swiss brand - Rolex, IwC, BP, AP, OMEGA,(NOT Hour Glass, Sincere or Cortina, ALl Watches, Watches Of Switzerland as these are more retailers) I would like to see consumers get a better price (not counting staff discounts) than the retailers. But yet we don't see people complaining eh?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Enjoying Japanese, Swiss, Germans & Micros quartz or mechanical, solar/Eco or kinetic, electronic

Time is one's best friend or worst enemy. You can't stop her or contain her but you can use her or watch her go by!
ae121

Post by ae121 » 11 Nov 2013 13:59

yeah... agree that service is impt. like the bike shop i go to is definitely not cheapest, but their service i really like :)
KKFA

Post by KKFA » 11 Nov 2013 22:44

Agree that buying is a process and price is only part of the equation albeit an important part.
Anyway, our little red dot is small enough to compare prices between sellers in not more than a couple of hours if price is important enough.
Personally, unless the price difference is significant, I would go for the mist convenient, most pleasant purchase experience.
Happy hunting.
Evirobie

Post by Evirobie » 12 Nov 2013 17:57

Good services like those offered by Big Time goes a long way.

Sent by the yellow minions.
cirdec

Post by cirdec » 12 Nov 2013 21:08

If the price difference is not a lot (e.g. 20-50. I don't mind getting it from BIG time. Come to think of it, transport cost for hunting for the best price also about the same price. Might as well spend it on good service.
OOOO

Post by OOOO » 10 Nov 2014 22:02

Went to Big Time and got myself an orient sat 300m diver. I must say the Pinoy sales consultant is v patient and knows her stuff. Give me a peace of mind buying online at slightly cheaper price.
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 11 Nov 2014 08:00

From personal experience, BT is not the most competitive. Though they are the distributor for Orient in Singapore and will not honor warranty for Orient purchased from overseas..

Sent using carrier pigeons
OOOO

Post by OOOO » 11 Nov 2014 08:17

Thanks for the heads up, anyway no more watches for the time being. 2 yrs hiatus, there's my cycle;-)
Trident

Post by Trident » 11 Nov 2014 13:45

I like to visit BT, good service always, price may not be the lowest but I like their service.
leonmike

Post by leonmike » 11 Nov 2014 15:02

As for me, I know BigTime is not the cheapest. But I keep going back to them time and again.
Why? It's the level of service I like best about them. Professional, knowledgeable, patient
and warm service you will not get anywhere.
bish

Post by bish » 11 Nov 2014 15:19

AFAIK for OS, mustafa cheapest...
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 11 Nov 2014 15:31

If I'm not wrong, Creation watches should be the cheapest. But warranty wise not so sure about it.
The GMT is SG$595.

http://www.creationwatches.com/products ... dex-4.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 11 Nov 2014 16:04

Orient star must do extensive research...skywatches, creation watches, Big Time, WINs, various other stores online or actual shops. Various shop/online carry different OS model at different price. Need to do due diligence if want to get best bargain. But warranty wise need to also double confirm with Big Time as they are the distributor in SG.