Seiko SG FFF Guild 2014

Seiko, Orient, Citizen, Casio and other Japanese watch companies
telepgm

Seiko SG FFF Guild 2014

Post by telepgm » 01 Jan 2014 18:33

Here we go, as promise.

This thread could mean everything to you or it could mean absolutely nothing. Simply post latest photo of your FFF to get this guild started.

When we have 8-10 kakis, we can organize gatherings, hang out, group purchases, etc. :)

Looking forward to your participation. Happy new year.
Last edited by telepgm on 01 Jan 2014 21:08, edited 1 time in total.
Strap Shine by Dicon: Leather Care for Watch Straps. Nourishes | Waterproofs | Cleans
http://www.leather-care.sg/product/stra ... -by-dicon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Contact: hello@jaspe.com.sg
Diospada

Re: Seiko SG FFF Guild 2014

Post by Diospada » 01 Jan 2014 19:39

Both my pieces saying hi.

Sent from my GT-N5120 using Tapatalk
jake_16234

Post by jake_16234 » 01 Jan 2014 22:28

how can i get the black dial?
kuang89

Post by kuang89 » 02 Jan 2014 17:35

dial from http://www.10watches.com/ altho the stocks are very limited, suggest buy ur dial first before ur watch..

that lume pip is cut from a lume tape that I have. Its been there for 2 months already, enduring rain, shower, stuff..easy to replace...matching lume as the dials and hands...
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 02 Jan 2014 18:31

When the word "GUILD" is used in the title... i thot there's a competition going on for members to compare and select other fellow members' modifications on who's the winner for the best mod.
I guess i'll have to wait till ya guyz to gather and pose a shot with all modded pieces together to vote lo... :lol:
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
doinkydoink

Post by doinkydoink » 02 Jan 2014 22:39

Modern charcoal black dial - 10watches
Handset with red second hand tip - 10watches
Sapphire dome crystal - 10watches
Base watch - K2 including modding

Brady straps anyone?

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk 2
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 02 Jan 2014 23:28

Ed.YEO wrote:When the word "GUILD" is used in the title... i thot there's a competition going on for members to compare and select other fellow members' modifications on who's the winner for the best mod.
I guess i'll have to wait till ya guyz to gather and pose a shot with all modded pieces together to vote lo... :lol:
Ed, you think too much! Hah. Guild is simply a nicer word for club or society. Image
Strap Shine by Dicon: Leather Care for Watch Straps. Nourishes | Waterproofs | Cleans
http://www.leather-care.sg/product/stra ... -by-dicon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Contact: hello@jaspe.com.sg
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 03 Jan 2014 13:25

telepgm wrote:Ed, you think too much! Hah. Guild is simply a nicer word for club or society.

:lol: :mrgreen: yeah... onli to realize that i had misinterpreted the meaning several hours later. u know... this word is so not commonly used, except for movie buffs, where they would be much familiar with Actors' Guild, Directors' Guild...etc. which often follows by the word Awards. Hee~~~~ :mrgreen: :lol:
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 04 Jan 2014 20:46

I'd be happy to have a mini FFF "pageant" and compete who's got the hottest piece in the guild.

Perhaps a sponsor from some company for a small prize, to encourage the FFF spirit? Any thoughts?
doinkydoink

Post by doinkydoink » 04 Jan 2014 21:51

telepgm wrote:I'd be happy to have a mini FFF "pageant" and compete who's got the hottest piece in the guild.

Perhaps a sponsor from some company for a small prize, to encourage the FFF spirit? Any thoughts?
Mr Goh lor. He must have done countless FFF mod already.
Maybe he can be the judge also.

Winner get to do another FFF mod service from him for free (watch and parts own cost) . Swee?

telepgm

Post by telepgm » 05 Jan 2014 11:01

doinkydoink wrote:
telepgm wrote:I'd be happy to have a mini FFF "pageant" and compete who's got the hottest piece in the guild.

Mr Goh lor. He must have done countless FFF mod already.
Maybe he can be the judge also.

Winner get to do another FFF mod service from him for free (watch and parts own cost) . Swee?

sounds good to me... :)
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 05 Jan 2014 15:51

The cosmetic "beauty-ness" can easily be bought by money.

To up the ante (gamble), the picture must be taken with an interesting back ground & a short two liner write up.

Can invite a semi-pro or pro photographer to be one of the judges (I have one or two contacts).

Any thoughts?
kuang89

Post by kuang89 » 06 Jan 2014 14:32

i wanna just keep it chill...by the way, sharing or strap ideas? telepgm, ur croc leather strap is awesome looking, where's it from?
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 06 Jan 2014 22:50

kuang89 wrote:i wanna just keep it chill...by the way, sharing or strap ideas? telepgm, ur croc leather strap is awesome looking, where's it from?
Chill is good too.

Got my strap from Ken's Vintage. Golden Landmark. Genuine Baby Croc on leather. $40 bucks with an inferior buckle.

But, yup, it's awesome looking.
Stan80

Post by Stan80 » 07 Jan 2014 22:49

Lume shot with really dark background

Sent from my tiny device
My family, my life, my watches...
Personal favourite: Tudor Classic Moxa
Vii

Post by Vii » 04 Feb 2014 19:51

Hello guys, got alot of questions before i send my 55 for modding.

1) 55 can do window at 4 oclock right? just to be safe. checking with you guys. http://www.10watches.com/apps/webstore/ ... ow/3486077
2) thinking of getting yobokies lumed bezel. but the current bezel will be destroyed in the process right? since it only changes the bezel insert and not the whole bezel? the bezel issit sapphire crystal? http://forums.watchuseek.com/f21/has-an ... 77132.html
3) anybody put chapter ring? need some ideas for chapter ring.
4) is there any difference between the dome sapphire(yobokies or 10watch 1 better?) and the stock hardlex in terms of curvature?

thanks alot guys. currently wearing it stock with black nato.
Stan80

Post by Stan80 » 05 Feb 2014 19:04

Vii wrote:Hello guys, got alot of questions before i send my 55 for modding.

1) 55 can do window at 4 oclock right? just to be safe. checking with you guys. http://www.10watches.com/apps/webstore/ ... ow/3486077

Yup, get the modern dial with date window at 4. This one is ok.

2) thinking of getting yobokies lumed bezel. but the current bezel will be destroyed in the process right? since it only changes the bezel insert and not the whole bezel? the bezel issit sapphire crystal? http://forums.watchuseek.com/f21/has-an ... 77132.html

I did mine, Mr Goh, K2, did a great job getting the stock bezel out without issue. But he told me not everytime is ok. Can break easily.

U mean the bezel insert, dunno is plastics or glass but definitely not sapphire.

3) anybody put chapter ring? need some ideas for chapter ring.

There is no chapter ring needed.

4) is there any difference between the dome sapphire(yobokies or 10watch 1 better?) and the stock hardlex in terms of curvature?

This will need the bros who changed to sapphire to answer. Mine on hardlex and going great.

thanks alot guys. currently wearing it stock with black nato.
Sent from my tiny device
Stan80

Post by Stan80 » 05 Feb 2014 19:05

Here's mine to see if can answer further... :)

Sent from my tiny device
Vii

Post by Vii » 06 Feb 2014 00:51

Hi stan. thanks for the reply. would like to know is your seconds hand a set from yobokies? i like the red tipped seconds hand but the image from yobokies photobucket is like brushed. doesnt look very nice compared to the stock 1.
Stan80

Post by Stan80 » 06 Feb 2014 10:59

Vii wrote:Hi stan. thanks for the reply. would like to know is your seconds hand a set from yobokies? i like the red tipped seconds hand but the image from yobokies photobucket is like brushed. doesnt look very nice compared to the stock 1.
Hi Vii,

Yobokies hand set comes without the color tip. You will need to pay a little more to get the color tip second hand. :D