Recommend me a JDM watch.

Seiko, Orient, Citizen, Casio and other Japanese watch companies
jtfoo

Recommend me a JDM watch.

Post by jtfoo » 10 Nov 2014 07:35

I had 25X points from Rakuten from my last purchase of the Seiko SARG003. Yesterday I have just received the point which amount to around $145. But the points will expire by 20th Dec. Just nice, got another reason(excuse) to get another watch for Christmas.

I'm looking for some ideas or recommendation for JDM watches available at Rakuten. Either Seiko, Orient or Citizen. Maybe something that cost lesser than the SARG003.
oncleoliver

Re: Recommend me a JDM watch.

Post by oncleoliver » 10 Nov 2014 12:39

Green alpinist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

- Tyler Durden
maxxevv

Post by maxxevv » 10 Nov 2014 13:20

Depends on what you're looking for and of course most importantly budget.

Diver ? Dress watch ? Daily beater ?

The Seiko Brightz and Presage range have quite a number of watches which I don't think comes into SG. Maybe that's somewhere to look at ? That of course is their mid-upper range of watches, so will depend on whether your budget can fit that in.
TheChef

Post by TheChef » 10 Nov 2014 13:29

There are tens of thousands of different Seiko models out there. TS can you let us know your high level watch preference?
"Please touch your own favorite watch with your kind heart and love forever." - Ikuo Tokunaga, Chief Designer of SEIKO Dive Watches and Sports Watches
jtfoo

Post by jtfoo » 10 Nov 2014 15:08

My reference is not to spend more than the Sarg003 I've got the last round.
jtfoo

Post by jtfoo » 10 Nov 2014 20:56

Found some interesting model. Looks like new model.. But a bit too flashy for uncle like me.

Movement is 4R37, so it's hackable and hand wind which is good. Price also looks good at about $250..

ImageImage
maxxevv

Post by maxxevv » 10 Nov 2014 23:10

You could do a search using "4R37". It should return some watches that fit your budget, in the sub-$350 range.