Planning to get a Grand Seiko...

Seiko, Orient, Citizen, Casio and other Japanese watch companies
maxxevv

Re: Planning to get a Grand Seiko...

Post by maxxevv » 15 Dec 2014 23:56

Better keep your fingers, toes, ankle, thighs, arms etc, etc .... crossed !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
yrh0413

Post by yrh0413 » 16 Dec 2014 12:18

:D :D :D received this morning, boh GST invoice leh!
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 16 Dec 2014 12:24

Yeah u dodged the GST bullet. Guess parcels from Japan using EMS is GST save?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I want to be a one watch guy!!
jtfoo

Post by jtfoo » 16 Dec 2014 12:49

balzebub71 wrote:Yeah u dodged the GST bullet. Guess parcels from Japan using EMS is GST save?

Not neccessary... My SARG003 came via EMS , deliver by speed post kenna GST, + $10 admin..
yrh0413

Post by yrh0413 » 16 Dec 2014 14:00

jtfoo wrote:
balzebub71 wrote:Yeah u dodged the GST bullet. Guess parcels from Japan using EMS is GST save?

Not neccessary... My SARG003 came via EMS , deliver by speed post kenna GST, + $10 admin..
you got the GST invoice few days later, or pay to the postman on the spot? The postman dropped the package at my office and my admin signed for it... No GST invoice but not certain if I will receive the invoice separately few days later.
jtfoo

Post by jtfoo » 17 Dec 2014 12:31

yrh0413 wrote:
jtfoo wrote: Not neccessary... My SARG003 came via EMS , deliver by speed post kenna GST, + $10 admin..
you got the GST invoice few days later, or pay to the postman on the spot? The postman dropped the package at my office and my admin signed for it... No GST invoice but not certain if I will receive the invoice separately few days later.
Don't worry, no GST for you .. They will require you to pay GST+$10admin , before you can receive your item. For my case, my MIl didn't accept my parcel, as the postman requires the payment. So I have to go down to post office to make payment and collect it.
yrh0413

Post by yrh0413 » 17 Dec 2014 13:22

Good to know that, savings of $500 not bad! :D

My SBGE001 says Hi! will post a review later as I am down with a cold... yesterday rushed to ThongSia to resize my bracelet and got caught in the rain.

hisokaka

Post by hisokaka » 17 Dec 2014 13:58

yrh0413 wrote:Good to know that, savings of $500 not bad! :D

My SBGE001 says Hi! will post a review later as I am down with a cold... yesterday rushed to ThongSia to resize my bracelet and got caught in the rain.

very nice piece
xxccxx

Post by xxccxx » 10 Feb 2015 11:29

yrh0413 wrote:Good to know that, savings of $500 not bad! :D

Congrats! I'm so moved reading about your wait I'm closed to tears! Now it's tears of joy for u! By the way, why go all the way to Thong Sia to resize bracelet? GS bracelet very easy to diy. Just need small "minus" screwdriver. Did Thong Sia charge for the service?
yrh0413

Post by yrh0413 » 10 Feb 2015 14:11

I didn't want to spoil the watch as it was spanking new that time. TS asked for $20 service charge as the watch was not purchased locally but they waived it off when I ask them on the international warranty coverage. I am OK to pay $20 as they are really a bunch of nice people there (and have to be fair to them too; I did not get the GS locally). Case by case basis?

2 months have passed and my GS still shows consistent +0.3s per day. Love it to bits :D
tzachi

Post by tzachi » 21 Mar 2015 12:33

this GMT is amazing, congratz

looking for similar in size/color but less shiny (matt finish), any suggestions?
yrh0413

Post by yrh0413 » 23 Mar 2015 12:36

tzachi wrote:this GMT is amazing, congratz

looking for similar in size/color but less shiny (matt finish), any suggestions?
Well most GS are in polished finish... even their Titanium one. something something ancient samurai sword polishing technique :D

Matt ones probably you need to look at their lower-end range.
tzachi

Post by tzachi » 23 Mar 2015 13:18

:) hmmm , will have to adjust I think , or wait...