My first hello!

Seiko, Orient, Citizen, Casio and other Japanese watch companies
Tehoh

My first hello!

Post by Tehoh » 23 Jun 2015 00:18

Hello everyone!

I chanced upon hwz forum on a thread for watches and came to this site!

It's my first post.. Nice to meet you all. I'm not a collector (aspiring to be one thou XD). I own only a couple of watches, namely tissot visodate, orient star retrograde (silver, blue dial, metal clasp) and a Seiko sbbn017 tuna!

The last two were bought just a few days ago! I'm still in Japan. Hunting for more tunas. I love the design, the solid feel and its robustness :D

I'm surprised how low the prices are in Japan thou. Any Bros can recommend places to shop? I'll be at Tokyo til 26th. Plan to hoot one more than before I get home.

Once again, nice to meet you all! :)

Will upload pictures when I'm back. Mobile doesn't allow me to upload my tuna and my retrograde.

Re: My first hello!

Post by 004 » 23 Jun 2015 20:58

Welcome to the site Tehoh, enjoy your watch hunting in Japan..
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 23 Jun 2015 22:25

Welcome to thr club! Can get a Tuna for me?! Haha, just joking, may be you can let us know the prices in Japan, thanks!
Tehoh

Post by Tehoh » 24 Jun 2015 00:14

Hello guys! Haha.

Sure bro. I've compared quite abit. So far the cheapest for jdm are at yodobashi and bic camera, compared to others like laox or BEST (I'm only talking about Seiko and orient here. No import watches).

Idk if it's convenient to post to prices here, lemme know if it's appropriate!

Yodobashi quite standard with the 8% tax free discount but they have an additional 5% off for visa payment. My bank rate offered was 88.81/S$ so still ok la the 5% offset abit still earn (the rate when I came to Japan in jan was 80yen/s$) Haha.

My sbbn017 I got it for a high 700+, close to 800. What surprised me was orient. It is about 200-300 below the price (even after discount) locally.

I wanna hoot another automatic tuna sbdx011 but I scared kena tax. Hahaha. Maybe I'll hoot one sbbn013 and hide it in my luggage. Hehe. I can't seem to find other models of baby tuna here though. I'm looking for srp653 specifically. I'm looking at the sbdx001, the mm300! It's 189,000yen before all the discount. Do the maths. Heh.

Still in Japan! Last 3 days. Hoho.
rojakman

Post by rojakman » 24 Jun 2015 09:32

Wow bro. Lucky you to be in Japan! :)
Using Tapatalk
Tehoh

Post by Tehoh » 24 Jun 2015 10:44

Thanks man! Heh.

I didn't go to other high end boutiques though. No budget as a student :(
The grand seikos are too eligible for the discounts!

Their models seemed quite standard. Not much variations between stores. If you guys have the chance to go, don't bother hopping around different yodobashi or bic. Pick the biggest store and go see see look look. Haha.

I'm not sure how much the sbbn017 costs in Singapore but I'm just hoping I didn't get knocked off there.

Side track abit. I'm looking for a Nato strap for my sbbn017. Anyone has a good shop they can recommend and roughly how much do they cost?

Thanks!
Trident

Post by Trident » 24 Jun 2015 13:16

Hello Tehoh,
Welcome to the forum, what a way to start, jump straight to Japan, happy hunting!
traineract

Post by traineract » 24 Jun 2015 13:43

Welcome to the club tehoh. Happy hunting and enjoy your trip!
sinistral

Post by sinistral » 25 Jun 2015 22:34

NATO straps are available at Yodobashi @ Akiba. Kinda pricey but quality is slightly better than getting from Gnomon.

Alternatively there's BIC Camera at Shibuya.