Seiko Marinemaster buy from Japan cheaper

Seiko, Orient, Citizen, Casio and other Japanese watch companies
rsnfrigate2009
Freshies

Seiko Marinemaster buy from Japan cheaper

Post by rsnfrigate2009 » 31 Dec 2015 09:02

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie here. Have decided to buy seiko MM300 but don't know where to source for a good price. Is buying online from Japan a better price? Targeting at SBBN035, SBBN031 or Sbbn037.

Any comment are welcome. Thanks in advance :)

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
rsnfrigate2009
Freshies

Re: Seiko Marinemaster buy from Japan cheaper

Post by rsnfrigate2009 » 31 Dec 2015 21:33

Thanks Admin for approving my post here. Cheers [CLINKING BEER MUGS]

KKFA

Post by KKFA » 04 Jan 2016 15:49

Hi just my two cents.

Buy from Japan direct is cheaper but need to factor in freight and GST. If you are seasoned online buyer you will have none of the concerns an old uncle like me have on not having handled or seen the piece to be bought and risk of getting fakes or lemons. Especially true for high value fragile items like watches. I tend to buy locally even if it is a bit more. But mileage differs to everyone.

I thought only the Marine master SBDX001 is considered to be MM300. The rest have different nick's like darth tuna, emperor, hockey puck, Sumo etc. The series you mentioned are new and I presume mostly Quatz based? So the gurus here may have the correct nick. Of course I stand corrected as usual if the MM300 nick applies to the models apart from SBDX001.

You probably can see the models at Big Time (not affiliated to me in any way) or at Jem/Vivo Seiko Boutique(for viewing purposes unless wallet very thick)

Hope the above helps. Happy hunting.
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 04 Jan 2016 18:45

My concern for not seeing the actual watch before buying is the fear of getting a mis - aligned chapter ring.
rsnfrigate2009
Freshies

Post by rsnfrigate2009 » 04 Jan 2016 18:55

KKFA wrote:Hi just my two cents.

Buy from Japan direct is cheaper but need to factor in freight and GST. If you are seasoned online buyer you will have none of the concerns an old uncle like me have on not having handled or seen the piece to be bought and risk of getting fakes or lemons. Especially true for high value fragile items like watches. I tend to buy locally even if it is a bit more. But mileage differs to everyone.

I thought only the Marine master SBDX001 is considered to be MM300. The rest have different nick's like darth tuna, emperor, hockey puck, Sumo etc. The series you mentioned are new and I presume mostly Quatz based? So the gurus here may have the correct nick. Of course I stand corrected as usual if the MM300 nick applies to the models apart from SBDX001.

You probably can see the models at Big Time (not affiliated to me in any way) or at Jem/Vivo Seiko Boutique(for viewing purposes unless wallet very thick)

Hope the above helps. Happy hunting.
Thanks for your advice. Will go to local shop to see first before I commit to buy. :)

rsnfrigate2009
Freshies

Post by rsnfrigate2009 » 04 Jan 2016 18:56

chriscentro wrote:My concern for not seeing the actual watch before buying is the fear of getting a mis - aligned chapter ring.
Yes. My friend did advice me on misaligned issue too. Thanks for your advice, will look out for that. :)