Seiko Panda Black - Where to buy?

Seiko, Orient, Citizen, Casio and other Japanese watch companies
squints

Seiko Panda Black - Where to buy?

Post by squints » 22 Feb 2017 09:32

Hi!

I'm hoping to find a Panda Black watch (with 2 black circles) for my husband for his birthday (and I am really praying that he doesn't check this forum frequently). He checks Carousell often but apparently the Panda Black can't be found, and we've even tried the shop at the basement of Far East, but it didn't have the watch as well.

I'm pretty clueless about watches - the last time I surprised him with a watch I paid too much for it (bought from the shop at Wisma) so he got pretty upset. I'm hoping not to make the same mistake.

Any advice on where I can find the Panda Black, and how much I should be paying for it?

Thanks!
lunarin79
CEO

Re: Seiko Panda Black - Where to buy?

Post by lunarin79 » 22 Feb 2017 10:44

One was just sold recently in our sales section.

For vintage 6138 black panda, it's not easy to find a good condition & all original piece anymore.

Do not overpay for one as well.

Price wise, personally, I will pay $550-$650(max if the condition is still decent) but it must be in all original parts
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
squints

Post by squints » 22 Feb 2017 10:56

Thank you very much for your advice!

I don't think I can see the Sales section. If you know of anybody interested in selling a good condition vintage 6138 black panda, I would be most grateful if you could let me know!
squints

Post by squints » 22 Feb 2017 11:23

So sorry to trouble, but can you recommend any good websites which I can buy the watch from? I don't know if there is a non-vintage version of the Panda Black?
supa4

Post by supa4 » 24 Feb 2017 17:14

Hi Squints,

Believe this is what you are looking for
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5176&p=87777&hilit=+6138#p87777

I was the one who bought it from the above seller almost 4 years ago. If you are interested i can sell it to you, at the same price.

I have wore it a few times only. no servicing done during this period of owning it, as the movement is still good. (owe it to Mr Goh's good servicing of the watch)

Condition of the watch : 7.5/10 (some faint stain on the minute circle and minor bumps)
movement : 9/10
all original parts (as known during purchased)

The only flaw about this watch is that, sometimes the minute hand might not reset correctly, and it might be slightly off center.(rarely happens but may happen), was told by my seller so i think i should let you know before hand.

Actually was wearing now, as i am typing it
https://www.flickr.com/photos/68156769@ ... ed-public/

Reason for selling :
1. haven't been giving it much wrist time. think it might good on someone who could give it more wrist time.
2. i would like to help you.

PM me if you are interested, we can arrange for viewing.

Happy hunting :)
TheChef

Post by TheChef » 26 Feb 2017 16:16

Very kind bro. Salute!
"Please touch your own favorite watch with your kind heart and love forever." - Ikuo Tokunaga, Chief Designer of SEIKO Dive Watches and Sports Watches
squints

Post by squints » 27 Feb 2017 15:37

Thank you so much supa4! So kind of you! I don't know how to PM you so I've sent you an email at your listed email address. Please let me know if you haven't received it! Thank you so much for the kind offer again!
squints

Post by squints » 27 Feb 2017 21:42

supa4 wrote:Hi Squints,

Believe this is what you are looking for
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5176&p=87777&hilit=+6138#p87777

I was the one who bought it from the above seller almost 4 years ago. If you are interested i can sell it to you, at the same price.

I have wore it a few times only. no servicing done during this period of owning it, as the movement is still good. (owe it to Mr Goh's good servicing of the watch)

Condition of the watch : 7.5/10 (some faint stain on the minute circle and minor bumps)
movement : 9/10
all original parts (as known during purchased)

The only flaw about this watch is that, sometimes the minute hand might not reset correctly, and it might be slightly off center.(rarely happens but may happen), was told by my seller so i think i should let you know before hand.

Actually was wearing now, as i am typing it
https://www.flickr.com/photos/68156769@ ... ed-public/

Reason for selling :
1. haven't been giving it much wrist time. think it might good on someone who could give it more wrist time.
2. i would like to help you.

PM me if you are interested, we can arrange for viewing.

Happy hunting :)
Hi, thank you so much for this! I've dropped you an email at your hotmail address - please let me know if you didn't get it!
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 28 Feb 2017 19:26

Squints, congrats in advance in obtaining the 6138 Panda.

Supa4 is a great cheap to deal with and I'm sure you'll be happy with the purchase from him and at a great price!

Do not worry too much about the slight misalignment of the hands as it's recommended to leave the chronograph running for both 6139/6138

http://www.thewatchsite.com/21-japanese ... 139-a.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
squints

Post by squints » 05 Mar 2017 22:58

Hi moderator - I'm sorry to trouble but I haven't heard from supa4. Could I please trouble you to link us up? I've sent him an email at his hotmail address but I haven't heard from him too. Thanks!